Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2026, 04:59:27 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Forum Questions & Comments
| | |-+  Forum loads in chunks?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum loads in chunks?  (Read 73 times)
urbanracer34
Full Member
***
Posts: 115

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2026, 09:03:18 AM »

I've noticed with the forum that it will load half of the page right away, and then the second half a few seconds later.

I'm not sure if this a bug but thought I should report it just in case.

EDIT: Tried with both Chrome and Brave. Same result.

EDIT2: Safari does the same behaviour.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2026, 09:08:03 AM by urbanracer34 » Logged
urbanracer34
Full Member
***
Posts: 115

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2026, 11:34:07 AM »

Looks like it is fixed. Not sure what happened.
Logged
urbanracer34
Full Member
***
Posts: 115

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2026, 12:40:55 PM »

It's back.   :(
Logged
stars_at_dawn
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 413


Can be very socially awkward, sorry!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2026, 04:45:50 PM »

The same’s been happening for me, but I also haven’t cleared my cache (I don’t know how), so maybe it’s a forum update thing. For reference, I’m on Ecosia.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2026, 04:48:22 PM by stars_at_dawn » Logged
GlenS
Administrator
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 706


Forum Admin and Celtic Woman major Fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:23:23 AM »

Well not sure what to tell you guys I am here off and on all day and Have not seen anything like what your talking about and in checking the forums error log there is only 3 errors showing and they are all because of members tring to login with the wrong passwords and thats the only errors in the logs. The only thing I can say i see from  time to time that the forum is slower loading. At our web server there are some error codes but they are all access errors from bot's tring to access the forum like there are several from Apple inc and many from Aceville Pte.Ltd is a Singapore Private Company. These errors are from the firewall stopping access to bots so not sure what to tell ya all and the web server shows that the forum is running good but you all have to understand this Forum is very large. I don't know of many if any have over 130 boards like we do and we are comming up on 10,000 posts and here are the running stats for the froum off the server

File Usage
19,598 / 250,000 (7.84%)
CPU Usage
1 / 100 (1%)
Number of Processes
2 / 115 (1.74%)
Physical Memory Usage
8.41 MB / 512 MB (1.64%)
Email Accounts
5 / 500 (1%)
Entry Processes
1 / 100 (1%)
Disk Usage
1.53 GB / ∞
Database Disk Usage
87.88 MB / ∞
Bandwidth
25.39 GB / ∞

Back in Feb 2018 the server was using 1.56 GB of bandwidth usage and this was for 5 web site and now we are useing 25.39 CB and this is just for 1 web site now and back in May we were using 73.93 GB when all the bots were on the forum.

So not sure what you guys are seeing maybe it's your browsers I use Microsofts Edge but sorry I can't be any more help for you

Glen
Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
 
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Forum loads in chunks? - Theme by GlenS