Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:35:25 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  CWazy Christmas (2019)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CWazy Christmas (2019)  (Read 1701 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2019, 12:32:09 AM »

I guess I didn't get my fill of flying to concerts in May, so I'm doing it again in December, in spite of the significantly increased risk of weather delays.

I have a ticket to Celtic Woman in Denver (Dec 8) and 'Tis the Season (featuring Chloe Agnew with the Atlanta pops, Dec 6) and Meet and Greet tickets to Tim Janis's show in Detroit, Dec 10 (which I suspect will feature Mairead Nesbitt and possibly Lynn as well).

But this time I'm going to delay booking because there's still a lot that could change about that weekend, as Tracie and VegasDavid well know as I've been waging a battle with myself over this for weeks.

There is a chance Alex will be performing in Toronto Dec 7. She has performed with the Upper Canada Chorus for their Christmas show once before (Orla has performed the UCC twice in that show). I have missed Alex too many times now, so if she does a show there, I'm seeing her and everything else that weekend will have to work around it. But sadly, I won't know the special guest for that show in Toronto until probably the second half of September. I can't wait that long on a slim chance that Alex might be in Toronto. If she is, I guess I'll just eat the cost of the ticket to see Chloe and see Alex instead.

But it could get crazier. I suspect that Chloë might do another show in Georgia the night after her orchestra show. It could be a solo show, which could possibly feature Lisa K. Or it could be a Lisa K show that could feature Chloe. Which of those it is could make a huge difference. If it's Chloe's show, her M+G would be the same night, so I could get to meet Lisa. If it's Lisa's show, her M+G (if any) would probably be on the Sunday morning. Since the Celtic Woman concert in Denver is in the afternoon, I'd have to take an early morning flight to Denver. So if Lisa Kelly does a show on Saturday and a M+G on Sunday, I'd have to choose between a Lisa M+G and CW for the second time this year. This time, I'd be sticking around to meet Lisa.

Sooo, here are the possibilities so far.

1) If Alex is in Toronto Dec 7, I skip Chloe's show in Roswell, GA.

Sat, Dec 7: The Wonder of Christmas (Toronto)
Sun, Dec 8: Celtic Woman: The Best of Christmas (Denver)
Tues, Dec 10: Tim Janis w/ M+G (Detroit, featuring Mairead Nesbitt and possibly Lynn)

2) If Alex is not in Toronto Dec 7 and if there's a show on Saturday in GA too, I might have to skip the CW show in Denver:

Fri, Dec 6: 'Tis the Season (Roswell, GA, featuring Chloe with Atlanta Pops)
Sat, Dec 7: Chloe and/or Lisa in Georgia
Sun, Dec 8: CW: The Best of Christmas (Denver) OR Lisa M+G (Georgia)
Tues, Dec 10: Tim Janis w/ M+G (Detroit, featuring Mairead Nesbitt and possibly Lynn)

... and just for good measure, I'm going to the Celtic Woman: Best of Christmas show in Milwaukee on Dec 21.

So now I wait and see:
- Who is the guest with the Upper Canada Chorus in Toronto?
- Is Lisa and/or Chloe doing a show in Georgia on Saturday, Dec 7? And if so, who's show is it an is there a M+G on Sunday?

There's a possibility I'll be flying to Atlanta twice in the same week if Lisa Kelly does her show on a separate weekend.

Do you have a headache after reading all that? I know I do. Celtic Woman is one of the best things that ever happened to me but sometimes I get the feeling like they're conspiring to drive me insane.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:39:38 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, CWazy Christmas (2019) - Theme by GlenS