Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2020, 03:24:30 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Spoilers about the Celebration Tour
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spoilers about the Celebration Tour  (Read 491 times)
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« on: October 11, 2019, 11:42:17 AM »

We have another thread where people are speculating about what songs will be included in the Celebration 15th Anniversary tour.  If anyone wants some SPOILERS, the website below mentions specific songs and gives some hints about the band:

http://www.kingcenter.com/schedule-of-events/5678-celtic-woman-celebration-the-15th-anniversary

So I thought it would be nice to start this thread for anyone who wants to be spoiled.  We can use this thread to discuss that page and any other spoiler-type information we find about the tour.

SPOILERS BELOW

⬇️

⬇️

⬇️

⬇️

⬇️

The King Center website mentions 6 songs:

- Orinoco Flow
- Téir Abhaile Riú
- You Raise Me Up
- Danny Boy
- Amazing Grace
- The Parting Glass

It also says there will be two bagpipers.  Is that the first time Celtic Woman has taken two bagpipers on tour?  Do you suppose it will be John Hunt Jr. and Anthony Byrne?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:59:16 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:45:32 PM »

I was actually wondering if by two pipers they meant John on bagpipes and Darragh on uilleann pipes?
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 03:19:43 PM »

If you go back a couple years, Tommy Martin played the bagpipe with Anthony on certain songs.  Amazing Grace, for one.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 06:52:37 PM »

Very cool!
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 09:17:02 AM »

I know this is totally late for the party, but I hope when they say Teir Abhaile Riu, that they mean the original version. I really did not care for the VOA version at all. In my opinion, if they wanna show the girls playing some instruments, it should be something like The Kesh Inn. I actually adore that song! Or go a more The High Kings route and have them play and sing on one of the many Irish up-tempo songs. Whiskey In The Jar, Phil The Fluter's Ball, or even re-visiting Nil Sen La in this way would be better if you ask me.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 08:25:04 AM »

oh so does this mean more classic original CW songs a new Voices of Angels reimagined style! Yay ;D🙌

unless if they didn't have time to create record (newness) any new then Teir Abhaile Riu would be just the same VOA Homecoming version.😕

I don't suspect it will be a 10th Anniversary Tour now in 15th but instead a 15th Anniversary Voices Of Angels Esq Tour! ....

Oh how it be a Dream Come True Voices of Angels 2.0 #more classics!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:30:23 AM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Spoilers about the Celebration Tour - Theme by GlenS