Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2019, 02:08:48 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum.Net
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration Speculation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celebration Speculation  (Read 118 times)
mattycakes

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »

So! Since the next four is apparently gonna be the 15th Anniversary Tour, that suggests that Celtic Woman will probably be revisiting several old songs. While they have re-made plenty of the old songs, I'm just curious what one song, if any, from each album (apart from compiled like TGJ or Emerald) you would like to hear! (Except David Downes originals, that'll be a different post)

I'll start!

Original: Orinoco Flow (I want the original back seeing as I think it's 100% superior to the AL version)
A New Journey: The Last Rose Of Summer (as a duet between Mairead and Megan)
Songs From The Heart: Carolina Rua (I would love to hear this song once again, preferably performed by Mairead, seeing as she said she auditioned with this song)
Lullaby: When You Wish Upon A Star (preferably by Megan, she has the vocal strength to match up to Lisa, or, if they wanted to do a more subdued version, she could very easily do that as well)
Believe: The Water Is Wide (unlike the Believe version, I would prefer a more subdued version sung by Eabha and her magnificent haunting voice)
Destiny: Westering Home (my favorite song from Destiny, they can keep it the same since it is so very beautiful)
Voices Of Angels: Time To Say Goodbye (this would be stunning with the addition of Megan seeing as she's a classical soprano while Susan was theatrical)
Ancient Land: Mná na hÉireann (this is the perfect song for a group called Celtic Woman and the girls perform it flawlessly)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 05:48:02 PM »

Original: The Soft Goodbye. The incredibly clear harmony the current lineup and Gavin Murphy can achieve would be so amazing for this song.
A New Journey: The Last Rose Of Summer (as a duet between Mairead and Megan) ... yeah, I agree with you mattycakes, this one needs to happen. BUT, I have to pick a second one: Beyond the Sea. I'm not sure how you could possibly make that arrangement any better, but that's one of my top 10 all-time, so I have to wish for it.
Songs From The Heart: The Call. The more I listened to the version from SftH over the years, the more I started to think they left a lot on the table with that arrangement. It was good, but it could have been so much more. I imagine a brand new arrangement with crystal clear harmony and strong base like they achieved in the VoA O America arrangement. I'd be pretty happy with Carolina Rua by Mairead though too.
Lullaby: Goodnight My Angel as either a 2 or 3-part harmony and Tara on violin. Mairead and Megan on vocals and possibly Eabha as well.
Believe: A Woman's Heart. This one took a lot of thought because I think there are many excellent possibilities to choose from Believe. I think the current lineup could do an incredible job with this one.
Destiny: My Land. Susan's soothing voice was pretty much perfect for this song, so I'm a little hesitant on this one. Megan's voice might come in a little strong. Still, it's one of my ultimate life-changer songs, so if they re-arranged it right, it would be amazing.
Voices Of Angels: O, America
Ancient Land: Bean Pháidín ... believe it or not, this one was the hardest. I wanted to pick an old ceili song from one of the other albums, but I couldn't think of a better one in the long history history of great ceili songs by Celtic Woman, so I had to go with this one.
CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana Fans (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 10:52:41 AM »

Original
Nella Fantasia Gavin Murphy arrangement
Send Me a Song New Arrangement
New Journey
The Blessing (Group)
Song's from the Heart
O America VOA
Nil Sen La VOA
Lullaby
Any three people would be shocked if they never known or purchased the Lullaby. They never performed any of the new on tour.
Believe
The World Falls Away only
Destiny
Suil a run Destiny version
Voice's of Angel's
Dulaman
Ancient Land
Follow On
Bean Phaden
Orinoco Flow classic of course
Comments
A New arrangement of The Call and Beyond The Sea
for an album but on tour not sure if they should do them keep that for SFTH and New Journey Highlights for the original members only same for My Land for Susan.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:12:34 AM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum.Net, Celebration Speculation - Theme by GlenS