Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2021, 06:31:11 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  PBS Special / DVD Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PBS Special / DVD Announcement  (Read 581 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2021, 05:12:48 PM »

At the end of the online PBS "Virtual Visit" today (basically a live Q+A interview between a PBS host and Megan, Susan, Tara, and Chloë), they formally announced the Postcards from Ireland tour in (hopefully) 2022. They also announced that the Postcards from Ireland PBS special would be airing on PBS this December (2021).

Since the Killarney shows have been postponed to 2022, there are a few possibilities I can think of:
1. They're going to do a live recording in the fall at a different venue that hasn't been announced yet. I think that's extremely unlikely given all the uncertainty associated with containment measures.
2. They're going to do a live recording in a theatre without an audience. This still seems a bit risky considering how strict the lockdowns have been in Ireland.
3. They're doing a music-video-style DVD, where they pre-record the tracks, then record them performing at various places in Ireland (might be challenging since restrictions will still be in place for many months). This would be similar in format to Chloë's Walking in the Air DVD.
4. Video clips from past shows (ie. Celebration 2.0) (please let the DVD include an extensive documentary feature this time).
5. Video footage of scenery from Ireland during the music (this would be similar to what Tim Janis does with his DVDs and YouTube videos). The background music would be either new studio recordings or recordings of past studio performances/DVDs.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:16:00 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 05:55:27 AM »

I actually am so beyond excited for this 1 if Susan is in it!
Since it's all Gavin Murphy era it be great to have a DVD of the quality songs like when recorded on The Voice's of Angel's CD. I love Homecoming but the sound is so live. If songs like Mo Ghile Near is on would it be two options The VOA version or a new recorded version? The new one would be with Susan, Megan and Chloe?

It would make a hint that postcards be like when they projectiles Ireland on The Voice's of Angel's tour and since Susan is pregnant would just recording some songs unless they take the VOA, Ancient Land recording's. The only new song these three could record for this is that accapella group of "May It Be" if to do new recording on adding like four new songs!*

If like Emerald all songs had Susan, Megan and Chloe it be thrilling to have yet a new lineup sound except really Megan instead of Lisa L but it be the Gavin Murphy versions with Chloe!!!

Now I'm the most massive fan to different lineup girls with former ones joining together on same songs just how it gives a new dose to love those songs anew them with an upgrade!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:04:52 AM by rfcw » Logged
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 03:19:21 PM »

I doubt Susan will be part of that one; she's expecting a second child so I don't think she'll be part of that show. I certainly wouldn't mind because I LOVE Susan! But I just don't think that's likely.
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 05:54:38 PM »

I doubt Susan will be part of that one; she's expecting a second child so I don't think she'll be part of that show. I certainly wouldn't mind because I LOVE Susan! But I just don't think that's likely.

Same here. And also Chloe. I don't see her staying permanently with how much she enjoys doing solo shows. Could Gavin and Meav be looking for new members to fill in their roles?
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 01:31:33 PM »

Does anyone have a link to that Interview, btw? I've yet to be able to find it on YouTube.
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 08:37:09 AM »

so many questions.......
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, PBS Special / DVD Announcement - Theme by GlenS