Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:17 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration's on Tour
| | | |-+  2020 Tour - Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2020 Tour - Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour  (Read 16936 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 05:51:27 PM »

A couple of years ago, I would have dreaded this would become another "retreated tour." But the new arrangements of old songs on VoA were really good and the new arrangements of old songs on the Ancient Land tour were phenomenal.

I hope they bring back some old ones we haven't heard in a while with incredible new arrangements and maybe give Amazing Grace and Danny Boy a rest for a while. There are so many other good songs to choose from that haven't been overdone to the point of absurdity.
jayrock905

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 10:57:56 PM »

https://mountainlake.org/event/celtic-woman-celebration-the-15th-anniversary-tour-pre-sale-tickets/

I found another 2020 show in Burlington, VT!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2019, 12:09:43 PM »

Several Celebration tour dates loaded into the Celtic Woman website this morning! I'm adding them to our forum calendar now. There are some sizable gaps and a few shows we know of that aren't listed yet, so I think still more to come. Time to contemplate which trips to take!
bobh56

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 09:13:26 PM »

https://mountainlake.org/event/celtic-woman-celebration-the-15th-anniversary-tour-pre-sale-tickets/

Fellow Forumites,

Apparently, Mountain Lake PBS is not offering Meet & Greet passes for the March 20, 2020 concert at the Flynn Mainstage, in Burlington, VT.  So, I contacted Vermont PBS, and this is part of their response:  " Yes, we will have Soundcheck Passes available for those who’d like a more VIP experience of the March 20th concert—however please note that Celtic Woman is not doing a traditional meet and greet. The soundcheck experience has replaced that particular part of the show." 

Does anyone have any idea what the "sound check experience" would be?  As I understand them, soundchecks occur a couple of hours before the concert.  Would that mean that participants would have to be there several hours before showtime, and then have a few hours to kill before the show starts?  Also, Meet & Greets have become rather rushed and impersonal events.  I would think being at a soundcheck would be even more so because I suspect the Ladies would be pretty busy.

Any information would be greatly appreciated to help me decide whether the additional money for "the soundcheck experience" would be worth it.

Thanks,

Bob
CelticSweater
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2019, 10:30:12 PM »

I really hope this is not the complete schedule, because if it is, I'm sad. But I hope they add more dates.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 10:42:27 PM »

Fellow Forumites,

Apparently, Mountain Lake PBS is not offering Meet & Greet passes for the March 20, 2020 concert at the Flynn Mainstage, in Burlington, VT.  So, I contacted Vermont PBS, and this is part of their response:  " Yes, we will have Soundcheck Passes available for those who’d like a more VIP experience of the March 20th concert—however please note that Celtic Woman is not doing a traditional meet and greet. The soundcheck experience has replaced that particular part of the show." 

Does anyone have any idea what the "sound check experience" would be?  As I understand them, soundchecks occur a couple of hours before the concert.  Would that mean that participants would have to be there several hours before showtime, and then have a few hours to kill before the show starts?  Also, Meet & Greets have become rather rushed and impersonal events.  I would think being at a soundcheck would be even more so because I suspect the Ladies would be pretty busy.

Any information would be greatly appreciated to help me decide whether the additional money for "the soundcheck experience" would be worth it.

Thanks,

Bob

This is the first I've heard of a soundcheck experience, so I don't know what it is, but am intrigued to find out more info. I do know a few other PBS stations already offering meet and greet, or at least what they're labeling as meet and greet. I would really miss getting to talk to the ladies and have pictures taken with their gorgeous dresses if they have changed the format.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 10:45:15 PM »

I really hope this is not the complete schedule, because if it is, I'm sad. But I hope they add more dates.

I hope they add more for you Tiffany!
jayrock905

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2019, 10:43:55 AM »

Fellow Forumites,

Thanks,

Bob

What I have seen other artists do is that they do a sound check 2 hours before the doors open or 3 hours before the show starts...sometimes these packages also include dinner/drinks at the venue prior to gates opening and before the show. I am sure a description of this VIP package should be available somewhere either on Ticketmaster or the venue's website.
CelticSweater
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »

I hope they add more for you Tiffany!

Thanks. I don't think they will though. Usually when it comes to Roanoke or Salem, they would've added it by now if they were gonna come.
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 09:18:54 AM »

Got my priority tickets for PPAC in Providence, R,I. March 26th......second row(pit)......taking my neighbor`s 16 year old daughter, Sasha, with me. I take her to and from school every day and she hears CW daily in the car and really likes them. she`s like the daughter I never had,  so I`m treating her to a show...a.k.a. "Spoil a Kazackh" , its where she was born , came here as an infant.She is now the "Keltic Kazackh" .
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 01:21:28 PM »

Got my priority tickets for PPAC in Providence, R,I. March 26th......second row(pit)......taking my neighbor`s 16 year old daughter, Sasha, with me. I take her to and from school every day and she hears CW daily in the car and really likes them. she`s like the daughter I never had,  so I`m treating her to a show...a.k.a. "Spoil a Kazackh" , its where she was born , came here as an infant.She is now the "Keltic Kazackh" .

Keltic Kazackh - I love it! You two will have an amazing time!
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2019, 02:41:24 PM »

Keltic Kazackh - I love it! You two will have an amazing time!
yes, Sasha has become a CW fan through "osmosis" since she hears the cd`s twice a day in my car,, so now instead of her listening to me go on and on about CW, she`ll get to experience it for herself. I`m also teaching her to drive....on the way home from the high school, I stop a couple of streets away"okay, switch" and she drives us home...at like 7 mph. I call it "kazackh at the Kontrols" ;D
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2019, 03:51:42 PM »

My tickets for the CW show next March arrived in todays mail! Ordered them Mon. and I already have them in hand. They don`t even go on sale to the general public until Oct. 18th.....but since I go to every CW show at PPAC, I get "priority" offers.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 04:53:21 PM »

I already received my tickets for the Detroit CW Celebration show (well, the regular tickets, anyways ... M+G from PBS around December, probably).
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2019, 09:24:31 PM »

something to look forward to.    May 9th, 2020.    Close to us!!! 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, 2020 Tour - Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour - Theme by GlenS