Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:43:39 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Las Vegas residency?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Las Vegas residency?  (Read 903 times)
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2024, 02:26:30 PM »

Did you see the interview they just did in Las Vegas?

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/las-vegas-now/celtic-woman-live-in-las-vegas-with-the-smith-center/

At about the 50sec mark, Mairead says they did a Vegas residency @ the Venetian a long time ago.

Is that true? Does she mean a real "residency" where they performed for an extended time? I don't remember that. Or does she just mean they were there for a few shows?
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 04:57:15 PM »

They did 5 shows at the Venetian from November 22 to 30, 2013.  Those were Mairéad's first CW shows in the US.
 Sometimes Mairéad posts her photo of the CW ad inside the Las Vegas airport from that time.  Unfortunately, that was about 4 years before I knew about them! 

See Tom's spreadsheet: http://www.celticwomanforum.net/index.php?topic=1419

I'd say that's too short to be called a "residency".  We have lots of touring broadway shows that come here and do more than that.

At the show in Las Vegas last night, Mairéad said "Viva Las Vegas!" when she spoke in the second half!  I think she really likes it here!

--David
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 05:10:46 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
Jim M.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 09:58:25 PM »

It was 4 shows.  I was in the front row for all of them.  There were M&Gs for each night.  Mairead's parents and friends from Ireland were there, too.  I have photos. ;)
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 12:15:48 PM »

Oh thanks for the info guys. That really peaked my curiosity when Mairead said that.

@VegasDavid: I knew you were going on Tuesday. I imagine the crowds in Vegas are fun! ;D

@Jim M: Sounds great! Would love to see pics if you posted them previously.

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 07:54:04 PM »

It was 4 shows.  I was in the front row for all of them.  There were M&Gs for each night.  Mairead's parents and friends from Ireland were there, too.  I have photos. ;)

Thanks! I reviewed the entries in the spreadsheet and following additional research, I agree, there were 4 shows (one entry was a duplicate). Spreadsheet has been updated.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Las Vegas residency? - Theme by GlenS