Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 01:16:41 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Question about the shows in Killarney
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about the shows in Killarney  (Read 356 times)
Penny

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2020, 09:51:59 PM »

Has there been any official word about the Killarney show (cancelled, still happening, etc.)?

I’ve had the question in my mind for quite a while now although I haven’t seen any statements on the show’s status.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 07:31:19 PM »

I haven't heard any decision yet. I have tickets for all 3 shows so I'd really like to know. The shows are still active on both the venue's website and on ticketmaster.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think they'll get rescheduled. Ireland's re-opening plan has August 10th as the day they would allow things such as concerts to resume. These shows are the 7th, 8th and 9th. Plus, Celtic Woman has a lot of fans that would travel internationally for these shows and currently Ireland is requiring 14-day self-isolation when arriving in the country. So I do think these shows will get rescheduled and it's just a matter of whether they will be sometime this fall or next year.
Penny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 10:17:51 PM »

This is just speculation on my part, but I think they'll get rescheduled. Ireland's re-opening plan has August 10th as the day they would allow things such as concerts to resume. These shows are the 7th, 8th and 9th. Plus, Celtic Woman has a lot of fans that would travel internationally for these shows and currently Ireland is requiring 14-day self-isolation when arriving in the country. So I do think these shows will get rescheduled and it's just a matter of whether they will be sometime this fall or next year.

That’s true. Given how hard travel is right now with the 14-day quarantine like you said, as well as the fact social distancing will have to be followed in the theaters (meaning less people can be in attendance), I think it’s highly likely they’ll be postponing the Killarney show to 2021 like they have with the rest of the Celebration tour.
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 08:39:02 AM »

Where these shows supposed to be a new DVD taping?
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 09:40:44 AM »

The Killarney shows are still listed on the venue website. However, the Gleneagle hotel, which is connected to the venue and is the same company, emailed Gregg and I this morning in response to our enquiry and said that Celtic Woman is rescheduling to August 2021.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 07:51:36 AM »

The Killarney shows have officially been rescheduled to August 20, 21 & 22, 2021. Celtic Woman posted on all their social media pages this morning. Now we'll have an amazing Ireland trip next year!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Question about the shows in Killarney - Theme by GlenS