Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:58 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  CW Musicians and Choir
| | |-+  Thank You Ray
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank You Ray  (Read 6444 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2019, 05:25:36 PM »

Within the past week or so, Ray Fean announced that he's going to be in the West End production of Come From Away. I saw that musical on Broadway a couple of years ago while I was in NYC to see Lisa Lambe. It's a pretty good show.

But as a consequence, Ray will not be touring with Celtic Woman on the Ancient Land tour this spring.

It sounds like he's open to returning at some point, but for the forseable future, Celtic Woman group will be without Ray Fean for the first time. Perhaps once he's done with Come from Away he'll be Going Home to Celtic Woman.

Ray was the last remaining member of the group or band to have been with Celtic Woman since the very beginning.

I got to meet him a couple of times, although I was too shy to say much.

Thank you for all the years to gave to the group and its fans Ray. You'll be missed in Celtic Woman, but we wish you all the best wherever the beat of life takes you.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 05:39:59 PM »

With Susan, Ray, and Anto all absent from the upcoming Ancient Land tour, I think this tour and the fan base have arrived at another crossroad. Similar to the departure of Lisa Kelly, Chloë, and Mairead Nesbitt, this news will further divide the fans.

I've already started seeing an influx of infuriating posts declaring that Celtic Woman is no more. I'm sorry if I offend anyone that is of that opinion, but here's my opinion: Celtic Woman has changed and I'm sorry if there are former fans out there who have not.

For those of us that still believe this group is still the most amazing thing we've ever experienced, there are 4 insanely ladies and their band who deserve every bit of our appreciation. They still make the most beautiful music in the world. They are still the classiest act I know. And no matter who is or isn't in the group today or tomorrow, I will love them as much as I ever did.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 05:40:39 PM »

Now this is... not exactly sad, but something like it (for the lack of a better word), but also understandable - he has been with the group for fourteen years, so it makes sense that he'll move on. It's actually quite remarkable that he stayed with them for such a long time. I wish him all the best with this production!
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 02:30:34 PM »

With Susan, Ray, and Anto all absent from the upcoming Ancient Land tour, I think this tour and the fan base have arrived at another crossroad. Similar to the departure of Lisa Kelly, Chloë, and Mairead Nesbitt, this news will further divide the fans.

I've already started seeing an influx of infuriating posts declaring that Celtic Woman is no more. I'm sorry if I offend anyone that is of that opinion, but here's my opinion: Celtic Woman has changed and I'm sorry if there are former fans out there who have not.

For those of us that still believe this group is still the most amazing thing we've ever experienced, there are 4 insanely ladies and their band who deserve every bit of our appreciation. They still make the most beautiful music in the world. They are still the classiest act I know. And no matter who is or isn't in the group today or tomorrow, I will love them as much as I ever did.
I`ve seen CW on stage 8 times...will be 9 times 3 weeks from now ....over 10 years so that means I`ve seen many of them come and go but I`ve NEVER been disappointed in any of the shows. Good music is good music and talent always comes through.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 12:44:55 PM »

When I saw Ray's post about leaving to go to Come From Away, I thought that maybe this was something I should look into.

I had the change to see Come From Away on Sunday afternoon.  It was a touring show (and no, since it was in the US, Ray wasn't there!)

This was one of the best "Broadway-type" shows I've ever seen!  The band is in one corner of the stage, but they do come on stage with the rest of the cast for one or two numbers.  Bodhran, accordian, fiddle, Irish whistle, guitar, etc.  A couple of really upbeat songs, with an Irish feel to them.

I've now added going back to London to see the show (with Ray) to my bucket list.

VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 02:43:16 PM »

That sounds fun!  There are plenty of good tickets left for Come From Away in London on November 11 or 13.  The Ancient Land London show is on November 12, so you could catch both in one trip.
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 07:46:07 PM »

We will miss Ray    Have enjoyed his presence for many years.   Was even lucky enough to buy him a beer on his Birthday during the Believe taping..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Thank You Ray - Theme by GlenS