Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:49:11 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Which Celtic Woman related concerts do you regret missing the most?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which Celtic Woman related concerts do you regret missing the most?  (Read 4837 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2018, 01:38:29 PM »

I think most of us who have been fans for even a short time have shows we wished we had gone to but didn't / couldn't for one reason or another.

It would have been amazing to go to A New Journey at Slane Castle or Songs from the Heart at Powerscourt. Seeing Ancient Land at Johnstown Castle lifted a huge weight off my shoulders from missing out on those previous outdoor specials.

I definitely regret not going to the DVD recording of Emerald in South Bend, IN too. I could have gotten to that show, but I just wasn't in the mood to go to any shows back then.

I regret not going to the one in my hometown just after I saw the Destiny PBS special in 2015. Things were so bad then that I didn't even know about the Destiny special until I stumbled across it in the listings and turned in 8 minutes after it started. I loved the music from Destiny sooooo much that for the first time in a really, really long time, I actually thought about going to see an actual concert (it was part of the Home for Christmas tour). I didn't have any vacation days left and it would have been a long drive on a weeknight, but still checked for tickets (a few days later, only to find out they were sold out).

Side-note: The funny thing about that last show is it was the reviews for that exact show that are the reason I got involved in social media and the forums. For whatever reason, that crowd was not impressed. A bunch of them left part way through the show. They wrote that the girls didn't care about what they were singing, that they weren't as talented, and that there was nothing left of the Celtic Woman they knew. Not everybody that went to the show felt that way, but there were enough of them that it got me really upset, defensive, and worried that if I didn't go see Celtic Woman now, I wouldn't get another chance. That's why I saw my first Celtic Woman show on the Destiny tour. It's the reviews of that show in my hometown and some of the review of the 10th Anniversary Tour and Destiny DVD that really got me motivated to take a more active role in supporting the group I loved so much.

One of the ones that stings me the most though is during the 10th Anniversary Tour. Alex was in the rotation at the time when they came within an hour of where I live. I was too depressed then to both looking for tour dates in advance and getting excited for things, so I didn't know about the show until I had committed to something else out of town. When I found out I was going to miss Alex, I was really devastated. There's a lot of Celtic Woman shows I regret going to (some of them I didn't regret until long after the fact). But that one still hurts, and probably will until I finally see Alex.

I think the show that hurts the most though was actually a solo show. Hayley performed nearby a few years ago and like so many shows during those years, I wasn't checking proactively and didn't know about it until it was too late. I missed a lot of ladies that way, but I've since seen (or will see soon) most of them, including Orla. Hayley though does almost all her limited touring in the Asia / Pacific region now, with a limited number of shows in Europe. She almost never does shows in North America. That makes it difficult and very expensive to see her. Her voice is so breathtaking. I really hope she comes back here soon because of all the CW ladies I haven't seen, I don't know if I regret missing out on anyone as much as Hayley. <3
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:52:39 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 02:01:10 PM »

My number one regret of missed shows is that because my first one was on the Destiny tour, I could have been seeing Mairead Carlin live for two years prior to that. Looooove her so much and seriously cannot get enough of that jaw-droppingly gorgeous voice of hers! She's my favorite singer on the entire planet and yes I've seen her live 9 times at this point, but I could have seen her live even more.

Going along with that, if I had seen Mairead more times, then I also would have seen Susan more times and would have seen Lynn and/or Lisa Lambe. I would have loved all of that!

I've seen everything of Eabha, Tara and Megan, so no missed shows to regret with any of them.

I do regret that during the Voices of Angels tour, when we went to Colorado to visit my relatives and see the show with them, we didn't do proper research. My relatives suggested that we go to the show in Pueblo, about a 45 minute drive from where they live. The night before that show was Red Rocks, about an hour and a half drive from where they live, so absolutely do-able. We didn't realize until it was too late that Red Rocks was a really big deal and that we should have picked that one. I'm very much hoping for a show there during the Ancient Land tour so we can fix that mistake!

If I don't get to a Christmas show this year, I will probably regret that. But the closest one is an 8 hour drive and flights are expensive. Dangit, I need to figure out what to do with that!

Of the older lineups of the group, the main regret for Gregg and I is that we never saw Lisa Kelly live. She was our favorite for a long time until Mairead Carlin came in and blew our minds. There were probably opportunities for us to see Lisa that we didn't even know about because we weren't paying enough attention. There were maybe two or three times over the years where we knew Celtic Woman was coming to a Minneapolis area venue, but we would look up the lineup of the group and see that Lisa was on maternity leave and decided to pass on the show. We probably should have gone to those, I'm sure we would have loved them.

Gregg wanted me to add on here also that his top regret is that we didn't go to the show when Mairead Carlin and Lynn Hilary were touring together. He says he probably would have fainted, being unable to handle that much beauty. Lol

By the way, I keep telling Gregg he should join the forum and post his own thoughts, but he keeps saying he'll just ask me what you all are saying and tell me what he wants to say. C'mon Gregg, get on here!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:26:02 PM by Tracie » Logged
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 11:17:34 AM »

Haha, come on Gregg!

I first found out about Celtic Woman in early 2018.  Back when cw-ct.com was still up, I looked up the Celtic Woman tour dates and saw that they had come to Las Vegas (where I live) at least twice before Homecoming, and I regretfully did not know about it at all.  I think I missed out on both Believe and Destiny in Las Vegas.  Since then, I have signed up for the mailing list of my local venue, and I check their calendar once in a while, so that type of thing should not happen again.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 06:31:21 PM »

I should clarify:

I was making an assumption earlier. I was anticipating I was going to see CaraNua, since finally seeing them would be a bit of personal redemption for my grievous mistake in not seeing them last January.

I was pretty devastated when Edel announced she was leaving CaraNua. I got really, really lucky I got to see her and meet her while I was in Ireland. That lessened the blow quite a bit.

But until I see Alex and Lynn (and I dearly hope that I see them one day soon), CaraNua's New Wings show in January will most certainly be the show I regret missing the most.

Once I see them, then Hayley can have her crown back and I'll have no choice but to fly to Asia or the south pacific to see her at some point.  ;D
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 05:57:47 AM »

The #1 show that I wished I attended was the first show recorded in the US at the Fox Theater in Atlanta. I only live 3 1/2 hours away and that would have been a perfect time to see a recording and see them live. I was only in my 2nd year of college then, so I didn't have the money or the time off. I actually haven't seen them live in concert until after. The Believe tour was my first time seeing them in concert live besides watching them on DVD or TV. Ever since I've been every year to watch them. Just hope the next special they film in the US near me I can go.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »

Speaking of the Atlanta taping...

I went to both nights (hey, I had to travel anyway so why not?).  Much better seat the first night.  I can see me 3 times on the DVD).  The audience was much more into it on the first night.  The second night was more of a corporate type night -- I think that's when the PBS stations had all their donor there.  Not quite as "rowdy" of a crowd.
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 02:09:19 AM »

Ancient Land at Johnstown
 :(
just bad timing...….
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 07:41:15 AM »

Ancient Land at Johnstown
 :(
just bad timing...….

Aww. I'm sorry you didn't get to go.

I know all about bad timing, but luck has definitely turned around a bit over the past few years.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 11:28:10 PM »

If they did another DVD recording as close to me as they did Emerald (within reasonable driving distance), I would have gone. Missing on the Emerald recording in South Bend, during Chloë's final tour with the group, Emerald is definitely high on my scale of devastating regrets.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 12:20:16 AM »

Maloney, I'm sorry you didn't make it to Ancient Land!

I had a moment of confusion reading your post about Emerald Tom, thinking that Chloe wasn't in that one. Had to think about it for a minute to remember properly. Clearly that means I haven't watched it enough and need to get it out again! I think I've only seen that one once or twice actually.

I re-read my post of regrets and in the past few months a couple of them have been fixed! We did get to a Christmas show and we have Red Rocks coming up!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 12:21:55 AM by Tracie » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 09:06:15 PM »

Maloney, I'm sorry you didn't make it to Ancient Land!

I had a moment of confusion reading your post about Emerald Tom, thinking that Chloe wasn't in that one. Had to think about it for a minute to remember properly. Clearly that means I haven't watched it enough and need to get it out again! I think I've only seen that one once or twice actually.

I re-read my post of regrets and in the past few months a couple of them have been fixed! We did get to a Christmas show and we have Red Rocks coming up!

Emerald was a very confusing one because it was recorded during the Believe tour, after the Home for Christmas album but before the Home for Christmas DVD. I believe (pun intended) the Home for Christmas DVD was released before the Emerald DVD. So people saw heard Chloë on the Home for Christmas album, didn't see her on the Home for Christmas DVD, saw Chloë on the Emerald DVD, then saw no Chloë on the Emerald tour or in Destiny. Plus it didn't help that venues had a variety of old posters / pictures in use to promote the newer tours, some with Chloë and some without.
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »

Would LOVED to have seen the original Slane Castle show with Mairead Nesbitt.....seen her 6 times on stage but would have loved to see her "fly" across a larger stage like the one at Slane Castle.
Gurdryn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 03:41:07 PM »

I am a huge Hayley Westenra fan. I would love to have seen CW when she was part of the group at Slane Castle.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Which Celtic Woman related concerts do you regret missing the most? - Theme by GlenS