Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:42 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Toured 2023. Canceled
| | |-+  This is the new board for next year toured 2023
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is the new board for next year toured 2023  (Read 8106 times)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2022, 01:02:46 AM »

Hey Celtic thunder fans (which I’m sure is everyone here)
Celtic thunder was in the studio in October working on their first new album in five years and plan to tour in the new year after losing most of the Ireland tour.
It’s THEIR 15th anniversary in the new year  👀 👀
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2022, 09:18:41 PM »

The spring tour dates on still on the event calendar. Thought someone might want to delete them
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2023, 01:07:14 PM »

There have been comments about going thru CW "withdrawal", going some time between shows (and that ignores 2021), adn what was your favorite tour.  So, I went back thru my notes.  If you talk number of shows, my favorite was Songs from the Heart.  Part of that was maybe due to time availability, but probably more due to liking the group as configured.  Then again, in 2010 went to 2 shows at Radio City and 2 at Red Rocks.  In 2011, two at RCMH but only 1 at Red Rocks. 

2007   New Journey   1
2008   New Journey   1
2009   Isle of Hope   9
2010   SFTH      13
2011   SFTH      13
2012   Believe           7
2013   Believe           7
2014   Emerald           7
2015   X              6
2016   Destiny           3
2017   Destiny           3
2018   Homecoming   2
2019   Ancient Land   3
2020   Celebration   3
2022   Postcards           4
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2023, 07:34:54 PM »

@dbbii
That's pretty impressive!
Did you see different lineups for X / Decade?
You've seen everyone. So who is on your Mt Rushmore of CW (i.e. pick one violinist & 3-4 singers)?
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2023, 07:57:13 PM »

OMG my dude, look this 😲😲😲😲. I have a little favor to ask you, the next time you go to a CW show, you pick up your cell phone, put it on "record audio" 😅😅 and then when you're done and you have your two files of 50 minutes each, you send them to me, will you? 😅😅😅 So I put on my headphones, close my eyes, and imagine myself at the show too.🥲🥲
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2023, 10:30:21 AM »

In response to LakersCeltic --

My favorite individual singer is Chloe, followed closely by both Lisa's.  The reason behind my choices partially has to do with the way the Meet & Greets were handled in the early tours.  They were held after the show.  Yes, you only got to meet 2 girls and you didn't know who you were getting.  You had the chance to actually talk to them for a minute or two and get an autograph signed.  All 3 of them and Mairead N were all very friendly, especially after they saw you a number of times.

Example 1 -- In 2009 I saw the show in Akron, Ohio.  It was at the University of Akron's Performing Arts Center.  I graduated from UA.  I was in the band, and performed on that stage a couple times.  The M&G was held in the Green Room.  I told Lisa K this, and said I could now tell people I performed on the same stage as CW!  She said, no they can say they performed on the same stage as me.  Yeah, I'm older.   The next year I was at a show in Albuquerque, NM.  Lisa was at the M&G.  She remembered our discussion!

As far as Chloe, the attached picture says it all.

ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2023, 01:45:07 PM »

OH MY!!!!!!!!!! Hey, @dbbii, your face looks familiar to me; I feel like I've seen it on some CW DVD (to be more exact, Believe DVD), am I right?
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2023, 11:08:04 AM »

I was in the audience for both tapings of Believe.  First night I was about the 6th row.  Yes, when they do some audience shots, you can see me.  If I remember, and I haven't watched the DVD for a while, I think you see me 3 or 4 times.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2023, 12:13:31 PM »

Speaking of Decade lineups did you happen to catch a show
with Lynn doing The Voice? Or another show with Alex doing Dulaman...Alex and Lynn doing Si Do Maheimo I?  🤩

@dbbii
That's pretty impressive!
Did you see different lineups for X / Decade?
You've seen everyone. So who is on your Mt Rushmore of CW (i.e. pick one violinist & 3-4 singers)?
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2023, 01:53:59 PM »

I was in the audience for both tapings of Believe.  First night I was about the 6th row.  Yes, when they do some audience shots, you can see me.  If I remember, and I haven't watched the DVD for a while, I think you see me 3 or 4 times.

Yes, yes, I knew it!!!!! I actually saw you on the Believe DVD, I was watching it recently, and it reminded me, especially in Green Grow the Rushes.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2023, 10:15:40 PM »

OH MY!!!!!!!!!! Hey, @dbbii, your face looks familiar to me; I feel like I've seen it on some CW DVD (to be more exact, Believe DVD), am I right?

Wow! Good eye ÊnioBR!

@dbbii: Love your stories & pic w/ Chloe!  Thanks for sharing. And to top it off you are immortalized on one of their DVDs. Of course, I recognize you too after EnioBR pointed that out. I think I recall one of 'your' songs is Téir Abhaile Riú - one of my favorites.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2023, 03:38:37 PM »

I am aware I have been very fortunate to be able to see as many shows as I have.  Timing is everything!  I shut down my construction company in 2009 due to the Great Recession.  I had lots of time on my hands.  I had spent a lot of years on the road, so I also had lots of frequent flyer miles.  In 2009, my daughter was 16.  She liked CW as well and was happy to go to shows with me.  Granted, as long as they were in New York or Red Rocks.  The first live show we went to was in Fort Myers, FL.  Our excuse was she was checking our colleges (Florida Gulf Coast).  That gave her an excused absence from school.  We used the same excuse the following year to go to Columbus, OH, mainly because I got OSU football tickets as well!

We went to New York in 2008 when she was 16.  We did some of the usual tourist stuff, like Ellis Island.  Then, that night they did Isle of Hope.  Remember the line " Annie Moore from Ireland, who was all of 15 years"?  She was 15 at the time.  Really hit home with her about what immigrants had to go thru (including my grandparents).

In 2012 went to a show in Tampa (we live here).  M&G with Chloe and Mairead N.  M&G held after the show in the second floor lobby of the PAC.  Cookies and coffee by the PBS station.  The girls were sitting behind a table.  Most of the people had never been to a M&G before, so I and my wife hung back a bit.  When we got to the table, Chloe got up, walked around and hugged me.  The lady from PBS didn't know what to do or say, especially when Mairead did the same thing!  That was right after Mairead got engaged, so I had to ask her about her ring.

In 2009 there were back to back shows in New York.  Went to both.  Got a T-shirt signed by all 5.  You don't want to know what I had to do to get that accomplished!

LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2023, 12:00:07 PM »

@dbbii

Thanks for sharing that. I love to hear BTS stories and MG stories. I'm a newbie on these boards. So I like to hear everyone's "old" stories. I'm digging through all the old threads to find as many as I can.

I love autographs! A job well done! In fact my goal will be to try to get all 17 autographs (is my count right?). I'll make a thread on that as I make more progress.

Back to your original point about "withdrawal", yes I sure hope they release something this year. It feels like forever, and it's only been a month since the Symphony tour.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2023, 12:00:55 AM »

I'm hoping with the 20th anniversary tour they would do Act 1 with the original music from the first 10 years, even if they have to do new arrangements. Then do the second 10 years in Act 2.

Open Act 1 with Sky, Dawn, Sun or Awakening. Both have a great opening feel to them. Then end Act 1 with either one of the three Celi song or a close version of the original Mo Ghile Mear.

Act 2 will open with Homeland or Dawning of the Day or maybe Murphey Ballroom. Then end Act 2 with the new Parting Glass.

I think this will tie in the first half and the second half of the full 20 years of Celtic Woman.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 12:50:10 PM by celtic4life » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2023, 12:35:31 PM »

I really liked that you see the new girls singing David's original songs on last year's anniversary tour; I hope they repeat this on the anniversary tour too, My favorites are The Sky The Dawn and The Sun, Spanish Lady, Caledonia, Níl Sé'n Lá, TAR and of course, Mo Ghile Mear!  ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, This is the new board for next year toured 2023 - Theme by GlenS