Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:27:37 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Lisa Kelly
| | |-+  Masterclass
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Masterclass  (Read 721 times)
dbbii

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2023, 04:48:49 PM »

So I was finally able to attend one of Lisa Kelly's Masterclasses on Saturday, the 16th.  Of course, it just so happened to be the day after Chloe did a concert just down the road in Fayetteville.  2 things on one trip!

I had not sang since high school (and that was a looonnng time ago).  Having said that, had a great time.  Both Lisa and Chloe were great instructors.  There were about 30 people there.  We learned multiple songs, including one in Gallic.  That was, shall we say, interesting.  We did not do any of what you would consider traditional (US) Christmas songs.  We did do In the Bleak Midwinter, which I had heard, but really didn't pay attention to the words.

Most fun was something called Fairytale of New York.  This is supposedly the most popular Christmas song in Ireland.  Anything that starts out "It was Christmas Eve babe, In the drunk tank .."  ranks right up there.  Lisa said she did not print the 2nd verse for us, since it has some offensive language.

They gave us some tips on how to breathe better when singing, when to breathe, etc.  I'll probably never use these tips, but it was still really fun and interesting.

If you get a chance, GO TO ONE.  I know I'll try to do another one.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 10:42:04 AM »

Sounds fun! Congratulations!

Wow! Chloe & Lisa together!

How much time was there for 'fan time'? Or was it mostly class instruction? For example, did they say anything about the 20th anniversary?
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 09:03:29 AM »

Class started at noon.  There were about 30 students.  Started by going around the room introducing yourself.  Most of us also said when/how we discovered CW.  Then, there was a Q&A with Lisa and Chloe.  They had given us lyrics for 5 or 6 songs.  We worked line by line on several, then all the way thru a couple times.  Mid-afternoon break; coffee, cookies, etc.  Then another Q&A.  Finally, we sang all the songs straight thru.  Finished about 5, then took photos.

Great time!  Well worth the 7 hour drive (each way) for me!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Masterclass - Theme by GlenS