Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:37:13 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land Album Release Teaser
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ancient Land Album Release Teaser  (Read 2881 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2018, 06:41:50 PM »

Celtic Woman issued an album-release teaser for Ancient Land today:
https://youtu.be/TPzSD3DXuL4

The CD release date is October 26, 2018.

They have a lot of short clips of the amazing songs on the album.

It's effective at giving people a taste of the variety of good stuff they'll hear on the album.

I think the clips were a little shorter than they needed to be. For someone that hasn't heard the album yet, this teaser might be sufficient to wet one's appetite. But by extending the clips a little bit (instead of transitioning between songs so quickly) I think it could have been even more effective.

For a casual fan or a fan on the fence about whether or not to get the album, I'm not sure those clips alone are enough to make a difference. Sure, someone could easily go to iTunes or Amazon and listen to longer previews of each song (or listen to the whole digital album on Spotify in regions where it's not blocked). But not every casual fan or potential fan that stumbles across the video is going to have the motivation or patience to do that. First impressions are pretty important and I think they had an opportunity to do more with this teaser than they did.

I do love the artwork (attached) displayed during the video though.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 09:02:04 PM »

Wow, yeah that is really short. I think longer clips would've been better for giving people a good idea of what's to come, for those who haven't heard it yet. And they left several songs out of the preview. I must say though, that very brief clip of The Enchanted Way did get me excited to hear that song again! I also love the artwork!
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:23:50 PM »

Great minds think alike!  I too was thinking that the clips were too short (before reading your comments).  It's possible that there was some requirement to make the video be less than 60 seconds though, like maybe it will be used in a TV segment or something.

--David
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Ancient Land Album Release Teaser - Theme by GlenS