Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:21:11 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Other Musicians (Moderator: CWazyTom)
| | |-+  Lindsey Stirling
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lindsey Stirling  (Read 12815 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 07:35:22 PM »

Linsey Stirling is doing an online Christmas show:
https://www.lindseystirling.com/

According to her Facebook event, the show is Saturday, December 12, 2020.

There are multiple showings:
Show 1: 3 PM EST / noon PST / 8 PM GMT / 9 PM CET
Show 2: 8 PM EST / 5 PM PST

After the second showing, the special will be available on-demand for 72 hours.

Tickets go on sale Oct 29 at 9 AM PT (noon ET).

The prices seem pretty reasonable. The following is info from her site at the time I checked. If there is a conflict between what's posted here and her site, treat her site as official info.

Lindsey Stirling: Home for the Holidays Virtual Concert Experience
$20 + fees

- Exclusive invitation to Lindsey Stirling Home for the Holidays Special
- Printable Christmas coloring and activity sheets
- Collection of Lindsey's favorite Christmas recipes

Lindsey Stirling Behind-the-Scenes Experience
$35 + fees

- Access to exclusive behind the scenes content

Lindsey Stirling Home with your Family VIP Experience
$49 + fees

- VIP post-show event hosted by Lindsey Stirling
- Limited-Edition Lindsey Stirling Home for the Holidays merchandise gift mailed directly to you
- Home for the Holidays downloadable family game night activity
- Limited availability

Lindsey Stirling Meet & Greet Experience
$125 + fees

- Virtual one-on-one meet & greet with Lindsey Stirling
- VIP post-show event hosted by Lindsey Stirling
- Limited-Edition Lindsey Stirling Home for the Holidays merchandise gift mailed directly to you
- Limited availability

I assume the VIP and Meet and Greets will go extremely quickly so if interested, I'd suggest getting them the instant they go on sale.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 07:48:51 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 09:53:42 PM »

I watched the second showing of Lindsey Stirling's virtual Christmas concert tonight.

WOW!!!

The production value of this show was off the charts (by far the highest I've ever seen for a virtual concert)! The music, mostly from Lindsey's Warmer in the Winter album, was excellent! The choreography was fantastic! The whole thing was visually stunning! For at least the first half of the show, my jaw was wide open in astonishment and I was in tears most of that time. I've only seen her live in concert twice so far, but as awesome as her live shows are, there is so much more that can be done with a pre-recorded production and Lindsey took every advantage of that. The show was absolutely epic!

*** SPOILERS BELOW ***

Each song was shot mostly like music videos and mostly on a sound stage. If you've ever seen Lindsey Stirling's music videos, you know how spectacular her videos are. Between each song was an introduction to the next song in the form of a documentary and/or a touching story from Lindsey. The sets and costumes were stunning and the cinematography was top notch.

Lindsey felt bad that people couldn't come see her this year, so she brought her show to them. She travelled with her dancers, crew, and a ton of props, to the homes of some of her biggest fans. They set up elaborate Christmas sets outside their houses after dark. Then Lindsey rang the doorbell and when her fans came out, she turned all the spotlights on and did an in-costume performance right there. I suppose that was a little risky, but it was also sooooo thoughtful. That segment really tugged at the heartstrings.

Another epic moment in the show came in the form of a documentary about how Lindsey learned the art of "hair hanging" (hanging in the air from a cable by one's hair). I think she thought it was cool and wanted to challenge herself to do it. She didn't know what she was getting into. It requires a lot of training and is apparently quite painful. In documentary style (with really moving musical backing), an emotional Lindsey opened up and took us on her journey. It looked like a brutal month of lessons at least. She really struggled, but kept finding the strength and courage each day to persevere. She kept telling herself she could do it and didn't let fear, pain, or failure stand in her way. I think at least in part, she suffered through that grueling training process to show her fans that we're all stronger than we know. The song that followed was Crystalize, the song from the viral video that made her famous. She performed the entire song swinging and spinning in the air, hanging from her hair! It was breathtaking and I was astonished, especially having seen what it took for her mentally and physically to pull it off. As someone who has long struggled with self-esteem, negative thoughts, depression, anxiety, and so on, I feel inspired by Lindsey Stirling and I know there are many others that feel the same.

Lindsey had several other deeply moving stories and song-intros during the concert. I think even if you don't share her beliefs, you'll be able to appreciate the artistry and her incredible passion. There are a lot of intense emotional moments.

Lindsey's "Warmer In the Winter" arrangement of Angels We Have Heard On High is immensely gorgeous. The lead-in to the song, about losses in her life a few years ago, set the tone for that emotional piece. I don't know that any description can do it justice. The whole scene was overwhelmingly beautiful.

For some people that watched Lindsey's concert tonight (or will watch it on-demand over the next few days) it will undoubtedly have done for them what Celtic Woman did for me. Given it was a paid online concert, it's a bit less accessible than a show on PBS. But she reaches a lot of people. There will have been people that tuned in believing they can't do something and came away knowing that they can.

It is often when we feel lowest and most vulnerable when things can affect us the most profoundly. So in a year of so much hardship, there's bound be at least one person that watched this concert and emerged with a newfound belief that their struggles are worthwhile, if only for moments like one they just experienced.

Perhaps there were people that saw Lindsey's concert and like me when I saw Destiny, this show will change their world. They'll start following Lindsey more on social media. They'll join fan forums and find an online community of fellow fans. They'll get tickets to see her shows and for the first time in a long time, they'll have something to look forward to. Maybe they'll even get to meet her one day and let her know how this show they saw, when they needed it the most, changed their lives. That is the transformative power of the arts.

If you'd like to support Lindsey and her team, I think you can still get tickets and watch the virtual concert on-demand until some time on Tuesday (about 72 hours after the end of the second showing). I loved it! 10/10!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 09:57:47 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2020, 12:10:48 AM »

I uploaded some screenshots from the show.

Full set:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/NXZ69cm

Here's a little taste:

GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 12:17:31 AM »

looks great wish i would have bought a ticket now i can't watch it
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 08:47:18 PM »

Good news fellow Stirlingites: due to popular demand, Lindsey is releasing more tickets and more Meet and Greets on Tuesday, December 15th!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 04:01:05 PM »

New tickets for her virtual Christmas concert are posted now, with on-demand viewing until 2021!
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 06:09:37 PM »

:)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2020, 02:48:21 PM »

I bought a ticket after the fact and have watched the show 3 times i really liked the show it is very well done. Very much worth the $24.00 for the ticket. You can still buy tickets to see the show on demand
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2021, 05:34:50 PM »

Lindsey's performing at Red Rocks and Wolf Trap this year on her Artemis tour if anyone's interested.
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2021, 09:40:55 PM »

timing isn't good for us , but would really like to see her at Red Rocks !
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2021, 10:31:07 PM »

Lindsey's bringing the Artemis tour online for those who can't see it in person.

https://www.momenthouse.com/lindseystirling

From September 23-24, there are various live showings for different regions. Tickets include a 24 hour on-demand viewing period in case you can't watch it live.

She's also offering some cool add-ons, like a 1-minute private virtual M+G (it's short, but still a lot cheaper than a PBS photo op), an afterparty, and some exclusive merch.

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2021, 09:55:48 PM »

I just finished watching Lindsey's Artemis Tour Worldwide Digital Experience.

WOW!!!

Everything you'd expect and more. Great music, tons of energy, super-fun, visually stunning, and fantastic inspirational stories... it was epic!

I have a few good screenshots, but I'll hold them until later so I don't spoil the jaw droppers for those that are watching the virtual concert on demand (or the live show in person) over the next few days.

Lindsey now holds 2 virtual concerts in my top 5 over the past 18 months.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 10:10:23 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2021, 02:46:08 PM »

Exciting news, fellow Stirlingites:

Lindsey is making her virtual Christmas special from last year available in theaters (yeah, it was that good)!

It starts showing Sunday, November 28th:
https://iconicreleasing.com/lindsey-stirling-home-for-the-holidays/

I'm not sure which theaters it will show in or if it will be available in theaters outside the US, but please check your local theater listings and reach out to Lindsey's team if you need additional details.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2022, 08:25:08 AM »

Stirlingites near and far:

Lindsey's doing a Christmas tour (with VIP tickets, if there are any left)!
https://www.lindseystirling.com/

She also released a new Christmas album, Snow Waltz!
https://found.ee/LS_SnowWaltz
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2023, 01:43:25 PM »

Some recent releases from Lindsey...

Kashmir (single):
https://youtu.be/EyBwyeuKXik

Lindsey was featured on Lacey Sturm's track Breath With Me:
https://youtu.be/hBQxzITDw0I

Both track have some strong rock vibes to them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Lindsey Stirling - Theme by GlenS