Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:50:54 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary DVD Recording
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary DVD Recording  (Read 7985 times)
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2023, 05:29:57 PM »

I saw a couple of CW performers (Lisa Kelly included) posting 'show time' on their socials. Are they having a dress reharsal or something?

Most, if not all, filming projects tend to have two nights of filming. Tonight might be rehearsal and close up shots. Tomorrow night, with an audiance, may be filmed again for wide shots to capture an audience.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2023, 12:22:43 PM »

Celticwomanfandom an instagram and attendee made some sort of a valid point and observation on empty seats for this! The fact that others who wanted and didn't get to would be sad if many that got didn't attend.* :-(
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 12:28:08 PM by rfcw » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2023, 04:29:11 PM »

Celticwomanfandom an instagram and attendee made some sort of a valid point and observation on empty seats for this! The fact that others who wanted and didn't get to would be sad if many that got didn't attend.* :-(

That is a very good point. I honestly didn’t look behind me at all, so I'm not sure what it looked like.

Those of us that did attend benefitted somewhat (I had been assigned row "L" and somehow ended up front-center after the free-for-all to fill seats).

There were so many ways this could have been handled better. The early notice was great, but the follow-ups for registrations didn’t work well and sadly left many deserving fans out of luck. It's so sad.

Some things that might have helped (all have flaws though):
1. State in big bold text in the registration form that you are responsible for booking hotels and accomodations, along with a warning that due to the Notre Dame vs Navy college football game the following night, stuff was extremely expensive and you should book immediately. I don't think many people were prepared for the limited availability and insane prices of hotels that weekend (upwards of $1000 US a night at one point).
2. Paid tickets. Pay within 7 days of acceptance or forfeit your spot.
3. Automated and immediate responses, if it was truly first come first serve. You know within minutes if you're in or out. Once it reaches the threshold, all subsequent registrations get immediately rejected.
4. Require to provide proof of ability to travel, flights (if applicable), and accomodations within like 7 days of acceptance or you forfeit your spot.
5. Then send notices to waitlisted people to do the same, within 7 days.
6. Sell tickets for any remaining seats.

On the upside, the crowd that was in attendance was great (aside from clapping out of sync with the music). 🙄
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2023, 10:31:17 AM »

That is a very good point. I honestly didn’t look behind me at all, so I'm not sure what it looked like.

Those of us that did attend benefitted somewhat (I had been assigned row "L" and somehow ended up front-center after the free-for-all to fill seats).

There were so many ways this could have been handled better. The early notice was great, but the follow-ups for registrations didn’t work well and sadly left many deserving fans out of luck. It's so sad.

Some things that might have helped (all have flaws though):
1. State in big bold text in the registration form that you are responsible for booking hotels and accomodations, along with a warning that due to the Notre Dame vs Navy college football game the following night, stuff was extremely expensive and you should book immediately. I don't think many people were prepared for the limited availability and insane prices of hotels that weekend (upwards of $1000 US a night at one point).
2. Paid tickets. Pay within 7 days of acceptance or forfeit your spot.
3. Automated and immediate responses, if it was truly first come first serve. You know within minutes if you're in or out. Once it reaches the threshold, all subsequent registrations get immediately rejected.
4. Require to provide proof of ability to travel, flights (if applicable), and accomodations within like 7 days of acceptance or you forfeit your spot.
5. Then send notices to waitlisted people to do the same, within 7 days.
6. Sell tickets for any remaining seats.

On the upside, the crowd that was in attendance was great (aside from clapping out of sync with the music). 🙄

I think that a good solution could be to create or recognize an official fan club(s). Then, on these occasions, turn tickets available for fan club members first and only after that open for the general public to apply. This way, they would have a clearer sense of who truly is a 'dedicated follower' and not this 'first come first served' nonsense.

I don't see paying for these tickets as a good control method because, as it is too limited, it would skyrocket the ticket price/value. Even if they did a 'symbolic pricing', it would potentially exclude some of us that went to this filming with a tight budget.

The Fan club approach is not perfect though, They would have to be very careful with the criteria and related stuff, and probably to employ some kind of community manager for it, ideally, someone who has a good knowledge of the group's history and its fanbase across the globe. I see Ava doing it very successfully - on a smaller scale - with her Patreon subscribers and it's doing really great for her.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2023, 10:42:50 AM »

I had sent in my request for tickets.  Didn't get them.  OK, such is life.  I'm aware that doing any kind of a live show these days is becoming pricey.  Thanks Ticketmonster!  Did you see the prices for Taylor Swift?  Yes, the Notre Dame game conflict was an issue.  Did CW even pay attention to that?  Yes, maybe that's the only time they could get the Helix.

I would not have done last minute tickets.  Maybe in the US, but not overseas.  The closer you get to an event, the more things cost.  I've said over the years that the ticket cost for CW is the least expensive part of the show.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2023, 11:13:38 AM »

The fact that it was marked an Anniversary show to highlight it's 20 year success run would it be more appreciative even though yes not many can fly off to Europe but at least make an effort that most that get this ticket offer actually is a big dream to the one who gets it. Reading here that everyone got to meet them if I'm correct, engage, it had two lineups including the veterans originals. If it's your first time, don't know them submit get it but later don't show up wheras you have loyal devoted followings that dream or knowledge appreciation of every member to appreciate support cw is suppose to be a room of all those what celtic woman meant to them all these years in my opinion. The general tour then can be for anyone. Am I correct that the offered tickets were really free?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 11:19:55 AM by rfcw » Logged
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2023, 11:31:39 AM »

Am I correct that the offered tickets were really free?

Yes, they were.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2023, 03:03:20 PM »

The fact that it was marked an Anniversary show to highlight it's 20 year success run would it be more appreciative even though yes not many can fly off to Europe but at least make an effort that most that get this ticket offer actually is a big dream to the one who gets it. Reading here that everyone got to meet them if I'm correct, engage, it had two lineups including the veterans originals. If it's your first time, don't know them submit get it but later don't show up wheras you have loyal devoted followings that dream or knowledge appreciation of every member to appreciate support cw is suppose to be a room of all those what celtic woman meant to them all these years in my opinion. The general tour then can be for anyone. Am I correct that the offered tickets were really free?

Yes, tickets were free. Flights, hotels, etc were not.

While having the long time fans in attendance was really important, it was essential to have new(er) fans too. It's the new fans that will sustain and grow the fan base. Imagine being a new fan experiencing something so epic, surrounded by some of the biggest fans in the world. They're going to be hooked for life and tell everyone they know how amazing it was.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 05:15:16 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2023, 01:29:09 PM »

You raise an interesting point.  However, would new US fans fork out a lot of money to go see a show with a group they may not be super familiar with.  If I look at my show history, my first show was the only one that year.  Same with the second year.  Then the 3rd year I went to 9 shows.  That year I went to 2 shows in New York and 2 at Red Rocks.  Both of those were not necessarily cheap trips (hotel, flights, car, etc), but by then it was worth it, plus my job allowed me to do those kind of things. 

I sent in my name for the Helix show, but didn't get chosen.  For my wife and I it probably would have been a minimum of $5k.  Probably more, since once you pay for the flight, you might as well do some other traveling while you are there.  For example, they were doing tours of Highclere Castle. 
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2023, 07:57:17 AM »

When the girls promoted 20 shots I came across an Instagram story post from Susan responding sorry to miss this one. This response just makes me curious not saying Susan be in the lineup they didn't have any other special guests for a song. It was just an interesting answer.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary DVD Recording - Theme by GlenS