Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:51:56 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  Songs Rearrangements - Theory
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs Rearrangements - Theory  (Read 1013 times)
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2022, 06:36:36 PM »

It is undeniable that we have a great love for Celtic Woman for its charismatic and beautiful members, however the soul of everything is the music. We are now in what I like to say in Celtic Woman's "third age", with Daragh O'Toole taking the lead in directing new music, and it is to be expected that new arrangements of David's music will appear since (it is suggestive) that Gavin's songs can still be used by Celtic Woman.
With that said, here's a list under my personal taste of the songs that I hope will be rearranged in a version just like or better than the original:

1 - Isle Of Innisfree

You probably remember that the new version of this song was played on the 2020 Celebration Tour. It was one of my guesses for songs that would appear on the Postcards album but it didn't happen, strange, since even a verse of the song is written on the album cover, I think they saved it for the next CD. As well as the Celebration Tour, I believe Megan will sing this one.

2 - Last Rose Of Summer

Oh boy, yessss. This song is one of the most iconic Irish songs out there. As hard as it is to imagine something more beautiful than the version sung by Hayley and Meav, it's completely possible, after all as we saw in the latest album, Daragh has a huge talent in classical and heavily orchestrated songs. I think Megan and Muirgen would make a great show singing this song together.

3 - Nella Fantasia

Every time I think I'll never see Mairead Carlin's version of this song on an album it gives me a real heartache. See how she sang live on previous tours, her love of singing was easily conveyed to us who watched. I hope that the new version of this song (which doesn't have to be something very grand or splendid in terms of instruments, only a piano is capable of moving in this case) follows the same mold as the one Mairead Carlin used. Muirgen would be my favorite for this one.

4 - The Prayer

Well, this song has no indication that it will be rearranged and maybe it won't be, but I particularly wanted it to be. The lyrics of this song are more current than ever lately, and especially the line "Lead us to a place, guide us with your grace, to a place where we'll be safe" is very touching in my heart, how many times in the difficulties of the day by day don't we get anxious and stressed? But knowing that one day all this will pass "guide us with your grace" is the greatest comfort one can have. I think it will be quite interesting to also have the Italian verses present in the original song, so unlike what it was before with David, I think a possible new version will be a duet, Chloë and Muirgen maybe.

5 - Caledonia

Please!!! This is the song that is most special to me, I remember an interview that Susan gave to a Brazilian newspaper at the time of the Emerald tour, here in Brazil. She spoke of how Irish music tells a story, a story of struggle, love, loss, and hope for the people of Ireland. Then she sang Caledonia, and it was the first time I heard this song that until then was unknown to me, and when I related the lyrics of this song with her words in the interview, I was touched. As a worthy successor to Lisa Kelly, Megan would be great to sing this (or Susan as a special guest)

6 - Scarborough Fair

My grandma really liked a medial soap opera that was on TV in 2017 in our country, and guess what the opening song was? Exactly, Scarborough Fair! And I remember one day she cried with emotion when my dad uploaded the video of Hayley singing this song with our Home Teather on. My grandmother unfortunately passed away at the end of 2020 and every time I hear this song I remember her, so the emotional weight for me is huge and I strongly hope that Celtic Woman will one day sing it live with a better arrangement than the original, maybe Muirgen get it.

7 - Mo Ghile Mear

I believe My Galland Star is already THE best song Gavin made for Celtic Woman! And this is an extremely fierce competition, with excellent quality songs and I don't even need to list it here, right? But I think a rearranged version of David's original is imminent, with the original lines. I would particularly love it, however it wouldn't be easy, after all the 2007 original is still extremely well known by the group's fans, so expectations would be high, but I know that Tara, Chloë, Muirgen and Megan would be able to meet them.

8 - Spanish Lady

This one is interesting, I really like this song and especially when it was used as the end-of-show track on the Songs From the Heart Tour, but I have no idea if they plan to rearrange this song because David's version was and still is It's the best I've ever seen, it would be almost impossible to do anything better. I don't have any guesses on how it would be, it can be from a solo (Chloë?) to a group song.

9 - Níl Se'n Lá

I know, I know this song already had a new version on the Voices of Angels album, but the track was exclusive to the physical media of a store (foreign to me) in a super limited version. If I today, at this very moment, want to hear this version through official means, I wouldn't be able to. Besides that Celtic Woman's own management decided not to promote the song by removing it from the Homecoming DVD (it had already been recorded), so I believe it's a good opportunity for Daragh to revive this classic with a better arrangement. Because it's a Ceili song, I hope to see all the girls singing in this one.

Honorable Mention - When You Believe

As we know, the new version of this song is already being performed by Chloë on the Postcards From Ireland Tour, its release in the album version is imminent.

But what about you? Do you think these re-recordings are possible to happen one day? Please let's discuss about it, I love all of this, take the opportunity to leave the lists of songs that you want to be rearranged one day, I'd really like to know.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 06:48:00 PM by ÊnioBR » Logged
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 10:32:42 AM »

One of my favorites over the years has been Teir abhaile riu (or TAR for short).  I really loved when 2 of the girls started out in the audience singing basically nonsense.  The choreography was great.  I know it's been revised, and I understand the "no audience participation", but I can still miss it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Songs Rearrangements - Theory - Theme by GlenS