Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:46:00 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Chloe Agnew
| | |-+  Chloë at Red Clay Music Foundry (Dec 17, 2021)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chloë at Red Clay Music Foundry (Dec 17, 2021)  (Read 1197 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2021, 12:20:23 PM »

I finally got to see Chloë in person again after almost 2 years!

I had a ticket for her show in Savannah, GA the prior weekend, but unfortunately, that got cancelled on short notice. So I stayed a little longer in Georgia to see both her shows at Red Clay Music Foundry in Duluth, GA on December 17th.

There was an optional Q+A (separate charge from the general admission ticket). I did the Q+A for both shows. These were done in the way Chloë normally does them. Q+A ticket holders got to pick their seats before general admission and Chloë came out on stage to answer questions and sing a bonus song that wasn't in the show.

Chloë said she couldn't meet anyone at the merch table, stage door, etc because she had to travel home for Christmas within the next few days (she had to make sure she could pass the PCR tests and not get anyone sick back home). She stood on the stage and posed so a couple of people could attempt selfies with her from their seats.

She somehow recognized me even with a mask on (probably my slouch gave her away).

Chloë sang a mix of Christmas songs and non-holiday songs.

It was pretty special to see her in person again, especially after so long.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 07:37:29 AM »

I had a similar issue -- had tickets for Savannah.  Luckily, I was going to drive, so the cancelation, while disappointing, wasn't a major impact.  I had gone to see her perform with the Atlanta Pops the weekend before in Roswell, GA.

I was at the evening show as well.  Some comments.  Her accompanists this time were different than last years.  As people mentioned about the latest CD, there were times I thought the piano overwhelmed Chloe a bit.  By the end of the show, you could tell her voice was getting tired.  I assume this was a result of a number of shows in a short period of time after not having done a lot of singing for the past year. 

Having said all that, it was a wonderful show.  I really like Chloe's individual shows.  I know she's not going to be on the CW tour for a couple of shows (7?) this year.  If I can figure out where she's doing a show, I'm going to try to go.  There are benefits to being retired!

For those of us who have followed CW and Chloe for a long time, you can tell her voice has changed.  Personally, I like her voice now better than the early days of CW.  She reminds me of Karen Carpenter who is acknowledged as having one of the greatest woman's voices of all time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Chloë at Red Clay Music Foundry (Dec 17, 2021) - Theme by GlenS