Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:29:25 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  Postcards from Ireland special/DVD predictions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Postcards from Ireland special/DVD predictions  (Read 1459 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2021, 10:23:00 AM »

Sorry if someone already started one of these threads for DVD predictions.

What do we think the visuals will be for each of the tracks on the DVD?

The Dawning Of The Day
Bonny Portmore
Where Sheep May Safely Graze
Beeswing
The Lakes Of Pontchartrain
Down By The Salley Gardens
Mise Eire
Angel
The Galway Shawl
May It Be
Danny Boy
Wild Mountain Thyme
Amazing Grace
Black Is The Colour
The Calm Of The Day / The Banshee
The Parting Glass

Here are my thoughts:

The Dawning Of The Day
Probably filmed somewhere on the east coast of Ireland. I'd say it's a good bet we'll get a sunrise scene. Then again, I thought it was a pretty safe bet that group harmony would be prevalent on the album and yet...

Bonny Portmore
As a lament to the loss of nature, I imagine we'll see some scenes that reflect how the landscape has changed over the years. There might be some stills inserted into the song that show Ireland the way it used to be. Probably a few shots of some ships and populated/industrialized areas of the country.

Where Sheep May Safely Graze
Rolling hills and herds of sheep, no doubt.

Beeswing
I feel like they could do this in a pub setting or possibly even through the streets of an Irish town.

The Lakes Of Pontchartrain
Megan didn't film this on location in New Orleans. It's a song of pining, so they could have filmed it just about anywhere. Maybe on a dock, the deck of a boat, a cottage by the shore, or by any body of water.

Down By The Salley Gardens
On the banks of the river at Ballysadare near Sligo, although I suppose any willow garden would do.

Mise Eire
If the lyric video was any indication, maybe they filmed it at The Burren. I'm hoping they showcase a broad spectrum of Ireland's vast beauty.

Angel
It has to be in or near a church or church ruins, I would think. They have plenty to choose from, including Dublin's St. Patrick's Cathedral and Chris Church Cathedral among others. There's an outside chance of The Rock of Cashel I suppose.

The Galway Shawl
Lol. Galway and Donegal.

May It Be
Could be anywhere. I'm picturing a vast landscape. Maybe the mountainous regions towards the north. Because of the ethereal sound, it might also work amidst a morning fog although the unpredictable nature of that would make it quite difficult to film on a tight schedule.

Danny Boy
They might do this one at a grave site, perhaps even in Derry.

Wild Mountain Thyme
I'd guess this will be the same thing we saw in the music video they released to coincide with the album.

Amazing Grace
I suppose a church setting would make sense, although they filmed their music video a few years ago out in the wild, so it's anyone's guess.

Black Is The Colour
Somewhere outdoors. Beyond that: no idea.

The Calm Of The Day / The Banshee
I don't know the story behind the song, but perhaps a pub or home-session setting for The Banshee.

The Parting Glass
Might be a pub setting, although a looking out over the sea as a farewell would work too.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 01:53:53 PM »

Aside from churches, some chapel ruins might also be a safe bet. Think Anúna videos. That aside, I suppose Bonny Portmore might actually be filmed near Portmore Lough, perhaps where the great tree used to stand? It's also been clearly stated by crew and choir members that there will be sunrise scenes, so I guess that is safe for The Dawning of the Day.
John910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 02:02:54 PM »

I didn't have a chance to come up with ideas for the other tracks, but for "Angel", they could use an animal shelter with the animals being highlighted. 

I wish I could get Celtic Woman's permission to use their version to make a video or a slideshow of adoptable animals for my local animal shelter. I should email them and see.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 02:52:33 PM »

I didn't have a chance to come up with ideas for the other tracks, but for "Angel", they could use an animal shelter with the animals being highlighted. 

I wish I could get Celtic Woman's permission to use their version to make a video or a slideshow of adoptable animals for my local animal shelter. I should email them and see.

I hadn't thought of it that way. That's a neat take on it.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 03:03:26 PM »

That's a lovely idea! A bit unlikely, but very good.

I wonder if maybe they start at sunrise and end it at night, with all times of the day in-between?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Postcards from Ireland special/DVD predictions - Theme by GlenS