Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:32 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  PBS Special Information
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PBS Special Information  (Read 7208 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2021, 08:40:43 AM »

Well, here we go, folks...
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 10:35:21 AM »

it'll be interesting to see the PBS "special" deals this time around.
CelticSweater
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 08:29:08 PM »

Oh it's SO good to see 5 girls side-by-side again!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 08:59:01 AM »

My local PBS station ran Ancient Land a couple weeks ago.  They were offering a pair of tickets in the back of the Orchestra for $225.  Front of Orchestra (not front row) was $400.  I bought a pair in 2nd row for $110 each.

The only reason I was buying from PBS was for a M&G, and that was getting kind of lame.  While completely understandable, I assume we may never get M&G opportunities again.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 07:37:06 PM »

I'm still wondering how Susan is involved!! Is it as an understudy? Does she have a part in the album and tour? Did the group become four to now five girls again after ten years?
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 08:55:22 PM »

I'm still wondering how Susan is involved!! Is it as an understudy? Does she have a part in the album and tour? Did the group become four to now five girls again after ten years?

Well for a fact that she's there along them for the promo pictures and her even being the one stating the release first song from the album it's a big deal.  I'll let anyone else's thoughts so I can chime in by their opinion predictions! All I can confirm is she's posted s pic showing her in the studio recording she's obviously in the album by her delivery!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 08:57:55 PM by rfcw » Logged
CelticSweater
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 09:11:18 PM »

I don't think Susan will be part of the tour, or at least not full time, but as someone who will fill a spot if needed. But, she might have a solo on the album, as well as at least one group number with the other girls. But, someone said they predicted she'd get at least 3 group numbers, which would be AWESOME! As for going from 4 to 5 girls, that would be AMAZING if they did that! Obviously, Celtic Woman is still amazing with 4, but I do honestly miss the 4-part harmonies and the fullness of seeing 5 girls performing. A part of me is hoping they go back to 5 girls, but if they do, they probably might bring another new girl in. Then, if Chloe returns to her solo career, they'll probably bring another girl in. So, they probably won't go back to 5 girls, because a total of 3 new girls in such a short amout of time is a little far fetched. But, then again, anything is possible. If they did add 2 more new girls, I would be excited, because well, I've already fallen in love with Muirgen. I always love who they pick to join Celtic Woman. Well, I'm excited for whatever they do.

Wow... that was all over the place. 🤣🤣🤣
GG

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 12:07:39 PM »

Muirgen has just noted in her Facebook Q&A that the special will air on PBS on 27th November  ;D
GG

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2021, 08:20:36 AM »

Here's something useful that I found on a news article at IrishCentral (link below):

"Following the [Postcards from Ireland] album release, PBS will air the accompanying TV special in North America across sixty-plus local stations. Filmed on location in fourteen beautiful and iconic locations around the island of Ireland, this 80-minute TV special showcases the beautiful landscapes of Ireland as Celtic Woman perform their brand-new compositions and arrangements, plus some fan favorites. Breaking from the usual format of their former TV specials, they bring an innovative, fresh, and vibrant approach as they take fans on this magical journey through Ireland, stopping off to perform their music in some of the most stunning land and seascapes across the country."

https://www.irishcentral.com/culture/entertainment/celtic-woman-album-postcards-ireland
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 11:36:58 PM »

Muirgen has just noted in her Facebook Q&A that the special will air on PBS on 27th November  ;D
Well, Premiere then anyway.
When Homecoming premiered it premiered on a Saturday and I caught an airing that was aired the following Monday at 9pm.
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2021, 07:22:21 PM »

Looks like some PBS stations (Rocky Mountain PBS, for example) are offering a pledge gift that includes the CD, DVD, and the 12-postcard set (which you can also get from the CW site). It's a nice sweetener if you're going to pay extra for the CD and DVD in support of PBS.
GG

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 02:29:03 PM »

I just received my calendar today and from what I assume, we've got most of the locations sussed out for the special (the calendar does include little writings beneath each picture/month, one half of which is where the picture was taken).

Here's what I found so far (this may get updated before the special airs if I find another location they filmed in):
• Johnstown Castle, Co. Wexford
• Glendalough, Co. Wicklow
• Ballintoy Harbour, Co. Antrim
• Ulster American Folk Park, Co. Tyrone
• Lissadell House, Co. Sligo
• Kylemore Abbey, Co. Galway
• Muckross Abbey, Co. Kerry
• Trinity College Chapel, Co. Dublin
• Dunquin, Co. Kerry
• Inch Beach, Co. Kerry
• The small island in Connemara, Co. Galway where the Wild Mountain Thyme video was filmed
GG

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 05:13:33 AM »

Extended trailer!
https://vimeo.com/627420851
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 06:33:02 AM »

Wow! It looks gorgeous!
ÊnioBR