Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:46:39 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  What we know so far...!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What we know so far...!  (Read 25127 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2021, 12:04:54 PM »

There's a new promo video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5QxXS7_ES4
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2021, 01:03:31 PM »

Lovely, and much better than the one put up on Facebook. I especially like the parts filmed in the sunrise and on the beach  :)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2021, 06:32:23 AM »

Look's like it's Susan and Megan will be appearing on Ireland AM 🇮🇪
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2021, 12:17:14 PM »

Nooooooo. I need to download an app just to hear Susan and Megan. So ridiculous. I want a youtube vid.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2021, 03:17:29 PM »

I found the interview here: https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/player/show/809/191470/0/16-Years-of-Celtic-Woman?fbclid=IwAR3RkHrwNl_KMke4bmVL6fStoro_cnNZCtnX2H7967ClKike-xc29xRuMdU
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2021, 03:42:39 PM »

Nooooooo. I need to download an app just to hear Susan and Megan. So ridiculous. I want a youtube vid.

Here ya go I uploaded it to my Viemo account because i think it would have a problem on Youtube

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/646175571
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2021, 04:56:16 PM »

So according to Susan, she'll be featured in two songs on PBS special: May it be (of course) and one of the three they usually do (parting glass, danny boy or amazing grace). She mentioned Wexford as the recording location. Any guesses?
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2021, 06:31:09 AM »

Here ya go I uploaded it to my Viemo account because i think it would have a problem on Youtube

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/646175571

YAY! Thank you so much! Glen!! 🙏
I enjoyed this soo much!

That's Brilliant Susan can be part time!!!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:29:15 AM by rfcw » Logged
GG

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2021, 12:20:49 PM »

The official 2022 calendar is now up for pre-order on the Celtic Collections site as is a set of exclusive postcards. The included images are shots of the members in locations across Ireland while the PBS special was being filmed: https://www.celticcollections.com/collections/celtic-woman
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2021, 08:40:51 PM »

Johnstown Castle is near Wexford City; County Wexford, Ireland so...
GG

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2021, 08:22:46 AM »

Here's some more (detailed) information about the PBS special:

"The journey begins in Ireland's Ancient East with a return visit to Johnstown Castle in County Wexford, where the group delivers a spine-tingling rendition of the ever-popular "Amazing Grace". Then on to the monastic site at Glendalough in County Wicklow for Megan's performance of "Bonny Portmore". Next up are the spectacular seascapes and cliffs in County Antrim where the group performs a brand new rendition of "The Dawning of the Day". They then move on to a reconstructed early 20th-century Irish village in County Tyrone to perform "Beeswing", a beautiful folk song. Then on to the "Wild Atlantic Way", stopping off at Lissadell House in County Sligo, the holiday home of renowned Irish poet W.B. Yeats to hear Muirgen singing "Down by the Salley Gardens". At Kylemore Abbey in Connemara, County Galway, Chloë delivers a stunning rendition of "Angel". In County Kerry, Tara performs the magnificent Bach violin solo "Where Sheep May Safely Graze" in the medieval monastic ruins of Muckross Abbey. In the Chapel at Trinity College in Dublin, Susan offers a powerful rendition of "May it Be"."

Sourced from the WITF website: https://www.witf.org/2021/11/17/celtic-woman-postcards-from-ireland/

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't choose some farming fields for Tara to do "Where Sheep May Safely Graze" because well, look at the song title, but I'm especially looking forward to seeing what setting the Chapel at Trinity College will provide for "May it Be". On a side note, "Down by the Salley Gardens" was written by W.B. Yeats, so I find it a weird, but good coincidence to film the song somewhere that's related to him!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2021, 08:58:56 AM »

So interesting they begin with Amazing Grace near Johnstown Castle ? It notes "the group". Now I took a screenshot of the postcards pic from the shop and zoomed it and saw Susan with Megan and Chloe. I don't know if Muirgen is also there but why would she be not on. If the direction of the director and songs still have to remain three girls I would guessed it be Danny Boy. There's no proof it could be The Parting Glass as the last number or it could even be Amazing Grace. We won't know until we see it. I would guessed Parting Glass in four girls which for that song was never done before with four singers. If the postcard is any indication it's only three did they choose Susan which she wanted to do?  This is an interesting game of I wonder what will it be!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 09:01:01 AM by rfcw » Logged
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2021, 12:52:23 PM »

The order of songs named doesn't seem right. That aside, Where Sheep May Safely Graze might be beautiful in monastic ruins, and they are always in the green. There might even be sheep. I still don't understand why it's a violin solo, when this title in particular refers to a sung aria, and the instrumental has a different title, but Tara's version is so lovely, that it makes up for that.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2021, 11:00:30 AM »

Found this decription on my PBS Station mentioning a song called The Wild Atlantic Way. Does anyone here know this song?

Celtic Woman performs a variety of tunes from 14 different locations throughout Ireland; songs include "Amazing Grace," "Bonny Portmore," "The Dawning of the Day," "The Wild Atlantic Way" and more.
GG

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2021, 11:15:10 AM »

That might be a typo. They'll be in "The Wild Atlantic Way" but I don't think they're singing a song that has that title. If so, though, I hope this helps: https://youtu.be/iuBwEeQ2FI4
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What we know so far...! - Theme by GlenS