Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:33:24 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Celtic Woman members who performed their own songs in the show
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman members who performed their own songs in the show  (Read 1394 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2021, 02:33:07 PM »

It's been pretty rare that a principal member of Celtic Woman has gotten to perform one of her own songs in the show.

Here are the ones I can think of:

- Shooting Star (Órla Fallon, performed on the original Celtic Woman tour)
- Garden of Eden (Éabha McMahon performed on the Ancient Land DVD and tour)

Máiréad Nesbitt got to arrange many of the songs she performed in the show, including The Ashoken Farewell / The Contradiction and the Butterfly but while whose were original arrangements, I don't think any were original tunes. She also had a lot of freedom to arrange The Hills of Ireland and Dragonborn (from Skyrim) on Destiny. I believe she was involved in arranging Granuaille's dance with David Downes and they may have co-wrote it (not sure).

Can you think of any other songs that were written by a member of Celtic Woman who also performed it on one of their group albums, DVDs, or tours?
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 03:07:48 PM »

I can't think of anymore, but I wish they would have done more of the ladies' original songs for those that are songwriters. I think I remember hearing or reading something Lisa Kelly said about Lynn (or maybe it was Chloe?) working on writing songs while on the bus and the songs being good, so it's a bit surprising that their songwriting talents weren't used more. Same for Celtic Thunder. I know they featured Keith's song "Lauren and I" in their first show, but I think that was about it for members' compositions, which is too bad.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 06:54:33 AM »

I would of guessed it was Lynn Hilary. I think her Take Me with You would been so phenomenal as a 1st act song in Celtic Woman.  Her Suantrai is my favorite also and imagine it on a Celtic Woman Lullaby disney fairytale DVD setting!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman members who performed their own songs in the show - Theme by GlenS