Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:55:39 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Muirgen O'Mahony
| | |-+  Welcome to Celtic Woman, Muirgen!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome to Celtic Woman, Muirgen!  (Read 2431 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: June 04, 2021, 11:54:36 AM »

Celtic Woman has just announced their newest member: Muirgen O'Mahony!

From their official website:

We are thrilled to announce the newest member of Celtic Woman, Muirgen O’Mahony.

Muirgen will make her debut performance with us on our upcoming TV Special and on our new studio album to be released later this year.

Originally from County Cork in Ireland, Muirgen, a fluent Irish speaker, has been performing as an actor, singer and instrumentalist for almost 10 years. She studied as a classical soprano at the Cork School of Music before furthering her training in musical theatre at the Royal Academy of Music in London.

Over the past number of years, Muirgen has been lucky enough to share the stage with some amazing performers and musicians. She has performed on several occasions as a soloist with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra at the National Concert Hall, most notably in their New Year’s Eve Gala Concert in 2018.

Most recently, as part of RTÉ ‘Winter Sessions’, Muirgen featured in ‘The Musicals’ alongside Susan McFadden and Killian Donnelly - a project that was recorded at the RDS in Dublin and was televised in early 2021.

Muirgen is absolutely delighted and completely humbled to be joining Celtic Woman as it has genuinely been a dream of hers since she first saw them perform as a teenager.

Please join us in welcoming Muirgen.

Our wonderful soloist Mairead Carlin departed the show earlier this year to pursue solo projects. We would like to pay tribute to Mairead who joined Celtic Woman in 2013. Mairead enthralled audiences night after night with her superb performances. She is a great musician and true professional and a true friend to the Celtic Woman family.

We wish Mairead every success with her solo projects and look forward to sharing the stage with her again along the journey.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 06:48:36 PM »

Welcome Muirgen! You can hear her perform with the RTE Orchestra in their musicals concert here, which also features Susan! She has a gorgeous voice!

https://youtu.be/EaAXBPPRAGw
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 07:38:38 PM »

Based on her IG profile, her birthday is Feb 5
https://www.instagram.com/p/Be0P8ZyjGnG/?utm_medium=copy_link
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 08:47:16 PM »

I think probably Feb 4th. That's what her Facebook has.

She probably posted that IG pic a day after, when she was going through her photo reel.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 11:43:35 PM »

Welcome to Celtic Woman, Muirgen!

I can already tell you're going to be a pleasure to follow and we can't wait to learn more about you! I'm really looking forward to hearing you on the upcoming Celtic Woman album and TV special. My friends and I have plenty of tickets to the Postcards from Ireland tour and we're really excited to see you perform live with our favourite group!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Welcome to Celtic Woman, Muirgen! - Theme by GlenS