Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:50 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Groups formed from past CW Members
| |-+  Amy Rivard
| | |-+  Vote for Amy: Opening Act for "We Can Survive" concert at the Hollywood Bowl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vote for Amy: Opening Act for "We Can Survive" concert at the Hollywood Bowl  (Read 5659 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2019, 09:30:15 AM »

After a busy 24 hours of fundraising for Amy, she's moved up to 2nd place!

And they opened up 2-for-1 voting for the next 11 hours.

I'm trying to get a few more big donations (a few hundred dollars) as I'm sure her competitors will have some big ones coming in too.

UPDATE: She got into first briefly this morning! So her competitors are putting up a fight but we're REALLY close!!!

This is the last day of the semifinal round (ends tonight, September 19th, at 11 PM EDT), so make sure you get your free votes in for today and if there's anything you can donate, now is the time!

Every vote could be the one that makes the difference!

Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 09:41:00 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 01:47:10 PM »

i bought her another 40 votes and it got her from 3rd back to 2nd but thats all i can do to help out
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 02:51:16 PM »

Ok, thanks Glen.

She's back in 3rd at the moment after being in 1st for a few hours.

That means the people at the top were pretty close together within a few hundred votes or less.

All my major donors are dry at this point, so I'll try putting in one more big donation before the 2-for-1 expires tonight. Hopefully it's enough.

If she makes it through to the next round though, I've got to find some more people to donate big for her because I'm pretty much going to be tapped out after this next donation, especially after Chloë's fundraiser.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 11:58:08 PM »

The last 30 hours or so have been insane!

Amy was in and out of 1st several times during the day. The wild and sudden swings in positions could really only be explained by large MusiCares donations. It seems our donor pools went to war. Amy's donors came in with several large contributions. But every time we got her into first, her competitors would get back ahead of her suddenly within hours, no doubt with even larger donations of their own.

We tried to make a last minute flurry of donations to get Amy back inton1st without time for her competitors to respond, but unfortunately it wasn't enough.

The result isn't official until Friday afternoon, but unless the top 2 competitors get disqualified Amy finished 3rd.

I'd like to thank everyone for their votes, their donations, and their time.

Amy really appreciated how much support she received.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Vote for Amy: Opening Act for "We Can Survive" concert at the Hollywood Bowl - Theme by GlenS