Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:38 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  Susan filling in for Mairead Carlin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Susan filling in for Mairead Carlin  (Read 9976 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2019, 03:29:31 PM »

Mairead Carlin had wasn't feeling well and had to leave the stage after the 1st act on October 23 in Zurich, Switzerland. It was the first time since she joined Celtic Woman she wasn't able to complete a show due to illness.

Megan, Eabha, and Tara completed the show without Mairead. Megan sang Mairead's parts. Tara reportedly sang some of the parts into her violin mic to fill out the harmony.

Mairead wasn't able to perform in Budapest on October 25 either.

It turned out she had appendicitis.

Mairead had surgery and is recovering but will need to take some time away from the Ancient Land tour for a while.

Susan flew to Vienna, Austria and will fill in for Mairead starting October 27, 2019.

Wishing Mairead a speedy and successful recovery.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 04:09:28 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 06:33:03 PM »

...cause Mairead had appendicitis
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157686484227838&id=117800522837

At least we know why she's taking time off from IG
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:14:24 PM »

Mairéad participated fully in Mannheim on October 22.  I was there.

Mairéad missed the second half of the show in Zurich on October 23.  Tracie and Gregg have a friend who told us about it, and I think she said so in her Instagram story too.

There was no show scheduled for October 24.

Mairéad was missing completely from the show in Budapest on October 25.  Source:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1042250295985602/permalink/1168642380013059/

There was no show scheduled for October 26.

Susan is filling in for her starting with Vienna on October 27:
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157686484227838&id=117800522837

I remember when Alex Sharpe stepped up to sub for Susan during the Homecoming tour.  Now Susan is paying the favor forward to Mairéad, sort of.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 07:36:19 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 07:16:40 PM »

I was wondering where the heck my new thread went! 😂
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »

Not a big deal, but shouldn't this technically be on the tour board?

On another note, I feel bad for Mairead having to miss the second half of a whole show. 😭
VegasDavid

🌴

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 08:21:19 PM »

Speaking of thread, I have been staring at the August page of my calendar and today's Facebook post, and I believe Susan is actually wearing the same blue dress that Mairead has been wearing since Johnstown Castle.  But the height of the dress looks good on Susan, which makes me think that maybe Louisa quickly redid the hem to make it a bit longer.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 09:59:53 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 08:30:38 PM »

Speaking of thread, I have been staring at the August page of my calendar and today's Facebook post, and I believe Susan is actually wearing the same blue dress that Mairead has been wearing since Johnstown Castle.  But the height of the dress looks good on Susan, which make think that maybe Louisa quickly redid the hem to make it a bit longer.

Clever segue.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 11:05:14 PM »

Wishing Mairead all the best for a quick recovery!

It is quite impressive that Susan can fly out on show day and be all ready to go with the music and choreography by showtime. These ladies never cease to amaze me!
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 11:18:00 PM »

It is quite impressive that Susan can fly out on show day and be all ready to go with the music and choreography by showtime. These ladies never cease to amaze me!
It probably doesn't hurt that so many of the group songs were on the Homecoming Tour.

My question, for those there, is this: Is Susan singing Mairead's high notes or is she assuming Megan's parts and Megan is taking Mairead's? Ann's U wonder what solos she's singing.
White Rose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 05:46:29 AM »

Prayers for a speedy recovery for Mairead.

Well, that's what the good professional singers know how to do, and we all know how good Susan is! Same deal with people switching parts last minute and Tara stepping in to sing.  It's not easy.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 08:25:25 AM »

Yes Susan gets her Ancient Land Participation!
 ;D Susan and Mairead sound very close just like Megan and Eabha sound close. I think the blending of Sue and Megan will be sublime!

Susan doing Megan part and Megan doing Mairead is perfect but I
much prefer seeing Susan sing some different unique Mairead spot and new songs like Alex did filling for Susan.

Or since Megan never got Susan's songs like Susan had Lisa K's..
Susan may sing She Moved thru the fair, The Voice or
was From a Distance a planned song for Susan had she remained on for Ancient Land. 

How about surprising us with own originally planned Susan's Ancient Land solos!☺
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:30:25 AM by rfcw » Logged
VegasDavid

🌴

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 10:46:15 AM »

Here is Mairéad's Instagram post from a hospital in Budapest:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4J7oY3B7rK/
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 06:37:42 PM »

This is Maireads post from FB

Good morning everyone. I’ve just read all the gorgeous messages on the CW facebook page. Well, I think you all know by now the reason I have missed the last couple of shows here in Europe. I thought I had a really bad dose of stomach flu but when I woke up on Friday morning with horrific pain in my stomach in Budapest I knew it was something more serious. Straight to the hospital and after many checks we discovered that I needed appendix surgery. My family in Celtic Woman have been incredible- my friends didn’t leave my side and our producer stayed with me till I got out of surgery and my husband arrived. All went well and I’m out of hospital now. My beautiful Ronan is here beside me and I am resting... (I ate an ice cream yesterday and it was amazing) it’s the little things eh? My amazing friend Superhero Susan’ @susiemcfads stepped in without hesitation and learned all the new music in a day!!! I love you Sue, thank you for being such an amazing friend and such a pro. So now, for me, it’s a little bit of rest at home and I’ll be back as soon as I can. I just want to say thank you to everyone in Celtic Woman for taking care of me over the last week and making sure the show went on regardless. You had to work a million times harder to rework things and I think you all know how grateful I am to you all. And to our fans for your encouragement and support. I also want to say thank you to my mammy who answered my call the first night I had a fever and stayed on the phone with me the whole time. What would I do without you. Love to you all and see you soon ❤️ xx
White Rose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 01:31:57 PM »

Facebook update from Mairead.

Just wanted to give you all an update. I’m out of hospital walking around and taking it easy. Thank you for your love and kindness over the last few days. I’ve read every single one of your comments and they’ve helped me so much. I love you all x
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:36:08 PM by White Rose » Logged
VegasDavid

🌴

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2019, 01:58:34 PM »

She put out that update on both Facebook and Instagram, and it comes with a beautiful picture of her eating ice cream.

https://www.facebook.com/maireadcarlinofficial/photos/a.1641149706098981/2741964492684158/?type=3&theater
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4NKJM0BkrR/

The Instagram post says her location is Budapest, which makes sense.  That's where she was hospitalized.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Susan filling in for Mairead Carlin - Theme by GlenS