Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:07:08 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  The Forums Youtube channel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Forums Youtube channel  (Read 7628 times)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2023, 12:23:13 PM »

Lisa's team and I think Lisa had something to do with this email that I got this morning

Dear Glen,

I would like to express my gratitude for your email and for sharing your perspective on the takedown requests for videos featuring Lisa Lambe's name and likeness on YouTube. Lisa has requested that I convey her appreciation for your passion and dedication.

I want to clarify that our actions are driven by the intent to ensure compliance with applicable laws, particularly those governing the use of an individual's name and likeness. However, It appears that we mistakenly issued a copyright strike on your channel instead of a copyright claim, and I extend my apologies for this error. Our intention is to establish a claim, not issue a strike. For the avoidance of doubt we have retracted the strike.

While I acknowledge your distinction between content and copyright, it's crucial to emphasise that these legal considerations encompass a broad spectrum of rights, including rights of publicity and privacy.

Regarding copyright ownership, it is indeed accurate that the entity responsible for recording and producing a video typically holds the copyright to that content. However, it is equally vital to underscore that the rights of individuals featured in those videos, including their name and likeness, are legally protected. The utilisation of an individual's image and name, particularly for promotional purposes, necessitates consent or authorisation, usually established through contractual agreements. As such agreements are not in place with you, we earnestly request that you honour Lisa's wishes to have the referenced videos removed.

YouTube's official guidelines and recommendations underscore the importance of originality, stating clearly that “Creators are encouraged to produce original content that reflects their unique perspective, talents, and creativity.” Additionally, I would like to draw your attention to YouTube’s primary copyright rule: “That means that they should not upload videos that they didn't make.”

Please understand that my unwavering objective is to ensure that any utilisation of Lisa's name and likeness is conducted in a manner that fully respects not only her express wishes but her rights within established European and American legal frameworks.

Your unwavering support and relentless dedication to promoting Celtic Woman's music is admirable. I am also aware of your past interactions with Lisa and her label. However, matters concerning third-party suppliers or record companies fall outwith Lisa’s responsibilities and she shouldn’t be expected to comment on that.

Thank you for your understanding, and I hope to find a resolution that duly upholds Lisa's wishes and rights while continuing to support your passionate efforts in promoting her music.

Sincerely,

Tom

But there is nothing they can do if I post a video with Lisa in it when it was recorded by CW since they own that video and even the likeness nothing they can do. With what he says then if PBS posts a video with Lisa in it he is saying they can request it be taken down im sure that won't happen

to answer this question "I think we should begin setting up shop somewhere else."
I have started a new account over on venmo but I have such a crappy internet it takes forever to upload video's. I may wait till I go to Chloe's show in Milw. and take my laptop with me and upload the video's off the hotels high speed network. I have stayed at this hotel before and did some internet work while I was there and they were offering 100 megs on upload so this wouldn't take long mind you there are 564 video's on the youtube channel plus there are many on my laptop that have never been uploadeddue to fear of copyright strikes

Or does someone have a better idea for a new place to upload our video's to and it would be nice if I could make a small amount of money from it to cover the Forum costs. Youtube has stopped the monetization of the channel as of last Jan. so let me know your idea's

Also anyone here use Starlink if so what are the real speeds on it and how do you like it. It has been a thought for me since my internet provider is really dragging there feet on upgrades I get a 15 meg down and 1 meg up and this is the max I can get

Thanks all have a great weekend
Glen
urbanracer34

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2023, 01:09:52 PM »

Starlink is a good internet option if you can't get fiber.

Fiber is the best choice if you can get it from your provider.

Bandwidth does vary heavily with Starlink, but in your situation, it is the best option as your only getting 15 down and 1 up from your current one.

FYI I don't have starlink but I am going on what I've heard online.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:16:54 PM by urbanracer34 » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2023, 02:47:40 PM »

Fiber is pretty amazing, although it's often used as a marketing buzz word by ISPs.

Fiber is used in ISP backbones and in data centers, because of it's bandwidth, resulting speed, and the distance a signal can travel without degradation. This type of infrastructure would be used by any modern ground-based ISP, regardless of whether the connection between a house and the cable company's box in the neighbourhood is copper wire or fiber optic cable. An ISP would prefer copper since it's a lot cheaper and easier to work with. Unless the cable lines are REALLY old, the copper wires can carry up to around 300 Mbps in the real world (unless subjected to a different bottleneck), which is sufficient for just about any residential purpose (you could have multiple 4K TVs streaming different things at the same time, easily). Fiber between a house and the ISPs neighbourhood box is mostly for marketing and speed differences between fiber and non-fiber house connections are mostly due to other factors.
urbanracer34

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2023, 02:54:34 PM »

Fiber is pretty amazing, although it's often used as a marketing buzz word by ISPs.

Fiber is used in ISP backbones and in data centers, because of it's bandwidth, resulting speed, and the distance a signal can travel without degradation. This type of infrastructure would be used by any modern ground-based ISP, regardless of whether the connection between a house and the cable company's box in the neighbourhood is copper wire or fiber optic cable. An ISP would prefer copper since it's a lot cheaper and easier to work with. Unless the cable lines are REALLY old, the copper wires can carry up to around 300 Mbps in the real world (unless subjected to a different bottleneck), which is sufficient for just about any residential purpose (you could have multiple 4K TVs streaming different things at the same time, easily). Fiber between a house and the ISPs neighbourhood box is mostly for marketing and speed differences between fiber and non-fiber house connections are mostly due to other factors.

Fiber is not a buzzword. Here in Saskatchewan we have a crown telecom named SaskTel. At home I have direct fiber to my home. I currently have 300/150 and I can go up to 940/500 if I want.

It isn't shared. I can max it out in a heartbeat if I need or want to.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 03:32:04 PM by urbanracer34 » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2023, 01:08:14 PM »

ya we were to get a upgrade this summer but hasn't happened yet and like years past that were no shows on the upgrades we were told about. We are to go to a fiber main line and then copper to the house and the added new hub only a few 100 yards away meaning we all here could go to 100 megs down and 10 or so megs up all because of a new family that moved in at the end of the dead end road right now the only internet they have is dailup so this upgrade is needed to offer them DSL. The thing we all are pissed about is the fiber line has been layed 21 years ago and just never hooked up all they needed to do is hook it up and put a hub at the end of it and we all could have had much better internet for years. This is why I hae been looking into starlink I have heard the speeds are around 150 megs down and 25 to 30 up and that the speeds will only get better as they improve their network but it's $110.00 a month
urbanracer34

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2023, 08:34:07 AM »

ya we were to get a upgrade this summer but hasn't happened yet and like years past that were no shows on the upgrades we were told about. We are to go to a fiber main line and then copper to the house and the added new hub only a few 100 yards away meaning we all here could go to 100 megs down and 10 or so megs up all because of a new family that moved in at the end of the dead end road right now the only internet they have is dailup so this upgrade is needed to offer them DSL. The thing we all are pissed about is the fiber line has been layed 21 years ago and just never hooked up all they needed to do is hook it up and put a hub at the end of it and we all could have had much better internet for years. This is why I hae been looking into starlink I have heard the speeds are around 150 megs down and 25 to 30 up and that the speeds will only get better as they improve their network but it's $110.00 a month

If you're not getting fiber for at least a couple years, starlink is the best choice IMO.

It may be wise to look at different providers in you area. They may be able to give you a better deal and more speed.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 09:31:20 AM by urbanracer34 » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2023, 05:40:22 PM »

here is a start on Rumble for a new channel but my internet is poor and I only upload when I am away from home and use someone's elses inernet I only have a 15 meg down and 1 meg up service looking at getting starlink at my home Thats 150 megs down and 20 to 30 megs up but the price is little high but my internet provider has no plans to upgrade our service any time soon

https://rumble.com/c/c-1176261
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2024, 01:06:00 PM »

Hey everyone Please go to the new Rumble page for the forum video's I have uploaded just over 200 videos so far and am working on it every day and doing my best to get it done and all uploaded this week. But when you go and see the page Please follow it this will make the page grow faster in the eyes of Rumble.

Thanks everyone!

Glen
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 01:07:37 PM by GlenS » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2024, 10:08:29 PM »

Ok the Ruble account is now uploaded there are 577 video's uploaded so injoy as there are some on it that couldn't be on youtube

Please follow, Like and share the channel we need this to grow the Youtube channel had 7300 followers and 529 video's as of today this rumble account only has 12 followers and 577 videos.

Thanks
Glen
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 02:11:49 PM by GlenS » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, The Forums Youtube channel - Theme by GlenS