Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:41:41 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Lisa Lambe
| | |-+  Lisa Lambe at Irish Arts Center (NYC) on May 9-10
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lisa Lambe at Irish Arts Center (NYC) on May 9-10  (Read 3991 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:38:59 PM »

Lisa Lambe just announced two shows at the Irish Arts Center in NYC on May 9 and May 10, 2019.

Link to announcement on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/LambeLisa/status/1084904751647592455
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 04:06:14 PM »

I have a ticket for both shows.

I may see Amy Rivard instead on the second night, but I'm waiting to see if Amy has any show that Friday night or not.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 11:25:45 PM »

I have a ticket for both shows.

I may see Amy Rivard instead on the second night, but I'm waiting to see if Amy has any show that Friday night or not.

It doesn't look like Amy has any show on the Friday this time, so I'll be seeing Lisa Lambe twice!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 07:53:17 PM »

Lisa Lambe will be performing music from her soon-to-be-released album Juniper at this shows at the Irish Arts Center.

Only a few days away!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »

I went to both of Lisa Lambe's shows at the Irish Arts Center (IAC) in New York last month, on May 9 and May 10, 2019.

The IAC is a small, intimate venue (the kind Chloë likes), with only 99 seats I believe, although they are in the process of building an extension to the building. I don't think all the seats were sold, certainly not on the first night, but there was still a decent turnout.

The theater was decorated with some green vine-like plant of some sort. It was a bit less elaborate than her previous show at the IAC, but it was adequate in setting the atmosphere for the music. There was a bit of fog in the room for lighting effect. There was a keyboard to the audience's left (stage right), a guitar and drum set at the back center, and a guitar on the other side of the stage as well.

Lisa wore a different dress each night. On night 1, she wore a glittery, colorful, diamond-patterned dress. On night 2, she wore a gold sparkly dress with black variably-shaped spots. The gold color was just a bit lighter in shade than her hair.

Both nights featured similar set lists and lots of original songs from her new album, Juniper. She announced at the show that the album should be released some time this year, although we don't yet have a more specific time frame.

Lisa shared stories about the inspiration behind a few of the songs. Many of the songs were inspired by nature and a certain celestial body. Because the shows contain unreleased music, I can't post much detail about the songs. But I can tell you there were some really good ones. One of the slow songs, which Lisa performed with a tremendous amount of heart, is definitely my all-time favourite Lisa Lambe solo.

There were a few songs that Lisa taught us and encouraged us to sing along. The audience participated. In my opinion, the participation seemed a bit timid, but Lisa seemed quite satisfied with the audience's contribution.

On the second night, singer Ann Scott (I'm unsure of the spelling) accompanied Lisa on stage for several of the songs.

Both nights concluded with with the catchy song "Hazelwood," one of Lisa's songs from a few years ago. Here's a rendition of the song from November 2017. The audience had fun singing along to the chorus.

A year and a half ago when Lisa performed at the IAC, there were a number of songs where Lisa's band members performed while she observed from the back of the stage. This time, Lisa sang pretty much every song and I enjoyed hearing more of her. Lisa seemed to really be enjoying herself on stage too.

In a few of the songs, the keyboard or some device on that same station was used to create some synth/reverb effect. In my opinion, it was overused a little in those songs and was slightly distracting. But otherwise, the sound was pretty good.

The shows were a little less than 2 hours with no intermission.

I got to meet Lisa in the lobby of the Irish Arts Center (IAC) after both shows. The lobby was packed with superfans and representatives from Lisa's record label. It was a bit chaotic, with people scattered all over the room and Lisa being herded around by a staff member from the IAC. It was a bit of a wait both nights to see Lisa.

I presented Lisa with a gift and letter on the first night. The letter focused mainly on my trip to Ireland last year and the things that Lisa had inspired me to see. Because I got to meet Lisa after both shows, it presented a rather unique opportunity to get some feedback on the gift from the first night. She had some very kind things to say, particularly about the letter and I'm glad she liked it.

Getting back from the shows to my hotel in New Jersey was a bit of an adventure both nights. I decided to try the train from Penn Station in Manhattan to Newark Airport Station in New Jersey, which was near my hotel. That didn't work out well. I ended up getting back to the hotel close to 2 AM on both nights. On both nights, the hotel shuttle never showed up, so I ended up having to Uber back to the hotel from the airport after waiting for over 45 minutes each time.

On the second night, I was in a bit of a hurry because of an early flight to Lisa Kelly's show in Peachtree City the next morning. However, because there were so many people that wanted to chat with Lisa (and because it was more of a free-or-all than a line), it ended up taking longer than expected. I jogged to the subway, but missed the one I was hoping to catch. Unfortunately, the next subway was delayed significantly, resulting in me missing at least 2 NJ Transit trains and having to catch a train after midnight back to New Jersey. Fortunately, I'm used to operating on very little sleep so I was in decent shape for Lisa Kelly's show the next night (and the Celtic Woman Meet and Greet the night after that).

Overall, I enjoyed both of Lisa Lambe's shows. I think you're going to like Lisa's new music. It's a combination of fun and soothing songs. I'm excited for everyone to hear her new music later this year!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Lisa Lambe at Irish Arts Center (NYC) on May 9-10 - Theme by GlenS