Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:48 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  Impressions ~ *^
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Impressions ~ *^  (Read 3684 times)
rfcw

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2019, 12:56:09 PM »

Share your 1st impressions
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 12:57:42 PM »

Wow Megan appearance very on the Susan side looking on tour, she went blond long with the braids!

So interesting seeing Eabha no more as the fresh face cw!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 11:05:05 PM »

From the pictures and video clips I've seen so far, I think the stage design is gorgeous and I love the new arrangements of some older songs!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 03:51:48 PM »

I went to Wednesday's show in Daytona Beach, FL.   Some impressions/comments.

Whoever selected Megan hit a home run!!!

3 choir members who also dance.

As we all knew, there is a new bagpiper and drummer.  Since I only made it to 2 shows last year, I didn't recognize the piano player.  I didn't buy a program (it was either that or the line for the bar).

Eahba mentioned she wrote Garden of Eden.

Merchandise -- besides tee shirts, there was a coffee mug, shot glass, pin and posters.

The staging was pretty typical.  Center stairs.  There were some pictures being played on the rear drapes occasionally.  There was a full set of drapes with separate panels in front of them.  The pictures were on teh front panels.  Not a bad effect.

The girls talked a little more than I have seen in the past.  It seems as if the show is not on quite as strict a time limit.  They have a chance to acknowledge applause.

While I've never seen a "bad" show, there are levels of good.  A lot depends on the audience.  While the venue was maybe 3/4 full (out of maybe 2,000) the audience was enthusiastic.  The girls seemed to appreciate it.

Most of the audience seemed to think The Kesh Inn was the last song.  Standing O.  The two ladies next to me left then (I was 2nd row).  Crazy.

I miss Ray and his massive drum kit.  I think the new guy only had about 6 drums.  I remember Ray having up to 15 at one time.

The piper did start Amazing Grace out in the audience  (actually just to the side of maybe row 7)

One of the things I have missed is the couple of songs where the various performers were out in the audience.  For those of you who have been around for a while, LL sat with me during the beginning of TAR.  Those are the memories I miss.

Going again this coming Wednesday.  I have a M&G.  First one in a long time.  The M&G's seemed to be really hard to get this year.  Various PBS stations do not have their act together.  Oh well, there's always Chloe's shows!

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 10:48:47 PM »

Sounds like a great time! I definitely agree about a lot depending on the audience. I've been at shows with the audience ranging from practically dead to cheering so loud the ceiling might come down. The ladies were incredible every time, but it's the most fun being in the loud, cheering, appreciative audiences. The Voices of Angels show in Minneapolis will be hard to top - that audience was absolutely roaring from the moment the ladies stepped on stage all the way to the end. It was so awesome and everybody on stage loved it!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Impressions ~ *^ - Theme by GlenS