Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:35 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration's on Tour
| | | |-+  2021 Tour Postponed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 Tour Postponed  (Read 8930 times)
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 05:42:03 PM »

I sent an email telling them I'd like to see them open the vault and release old shows from past tours (i.e. something from Red Rocks or Wolf Trap, Radio City with PS22 chorus, perhaps the first ever North American show etc).

How about Isle of Hope Tour??? I know that special will definitely be a wonderful surprise.
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 06:28:06 PM »

I think it would be cool to see footage of special shows that were filmed but not released to the public! They could put them on DVD! I hope you get a response!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 07:50:27 PM »

Maybe they could do a virtual concert (with no audience) for drive in theaters?

Also I like the idea of releasing old shows from past tours which maybe could also be shown at drive in theaters.

The drive in close to where I live had virtual concerts last summer.

I love this idea too! There are so many cool things they could do while we all wait for touring to start back up. I hope they start doing some of these!
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 07:20:54 PM »

I was thinking about this last night. It's been a year since my local PBS aired any Celtic Woman special. Think about, PBS is not airing their specials because there's not any events to sell tickets for. This is definitely hurting PBS in getting monthly contributions as well as CW not being shared to the public. PBS stations could at least sell CDs and DVDs or even CW merch. Will this be the nail that ends CW as we knew it? Will CW completely change here on out? I hope this time next year things will be moving where we will have some kind of concert again by CW. Even if tour may not happen, then another TV special.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2021, 09:32:28 AM »

Before last year's tour got postponed, I reached out to several PBS stations about Meet & Greets.  Only 1 of I think 5 said they were doing them.  I paid $350 a pair, and I was in the 2nd row.  The only reason I got the M&G is I took a business client, so it was a write off.  Would I have paid this for me?  Maybe.  As has been discussed before, what you are paying for is a photo op, not really a M&G.  I have lots of photos.  I'm spoiled, and really want the close seats.

My local PBS station said, and I think this was in November of 2019, that they had no info from CW, so they didn't know if they could offer anything or not.  Bought tickets direct from venue -- 2nd row.

I was told by PBS that a specific venue close to me gives PBS a choice.  Really good seats (rows 1 and 2), but they have to "pay" for the tickets or heavily discounted tickets in row 15.  The venue was offering the "good" seats to their members who would not only pay full price, but also some membership money.

PBS needs programs to fill air time.  Yes, they can get some money via M&G/tickets.  So, as a WAG, you have 30 people at a M&G.  If PBS gets $100 each (paying $50 for the ticket), they get $3,000.  OK, not bad for one night.  But, for example, what does a show like Masterpiece Theatre cost for, say 2, 1 hour episodes?  I remember reading that Game of Thrones (ok, it is over the top) was spending $15 million an episode for the last season.  What about Downton Abbey?

Anyway, I'm assuming that IF the tour happens next year, there will NOT be any M&G events.  I had tickets for 3 shows.  I've requested refunds for 2 -- they required traveling.  I'll gamble a couple hundred on my local show, which is NOT sponsored by PBS.   

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2021, 11:04:16 PM »

I see one rescheduled date for 2022 listed on ticketmaster, which is the first 2022 date I've seen. I'll put it on the calendar.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2021, 12:25:31 PM »

There's a bunch of 2022 dates listed on the CW website now! I'll enter them in our calendar after work tonight  :)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2021, 12:21:36 AM »

There's a bunch of 2022 dates listed on the CW website now! I'll enter them in our calendar after work tonight  :)

Nice job Tracie Thanks
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2021, 07:31:32 AM »

Sure thing! I'll finish up today. I got too tired last night to get through them all. I enjoy doing the calendar entries and seeing what all the new dates are!
Penny

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2021, 02:26:57 AM »

Has there been any word if the Killarney Shows are still happening in August of this year. If they are, I hope there will be the option for ticketholders to view the concert online. Unfortunately given current circumstances (including vaccine rollout) it seems unlikely I'll be able to travel to Ireland this summer to watch :'(
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2021, 09:15:30 PM »

Has there been any word if the Killarney Shows are still happening in August of this year. If they are, I hope there will be the option for ticketholders to view the concert online. Unfortunately given current circumstances (including vaccine rollout) it seems unlikely I'll be able to travel to Ireland this summer to watch :'(

We're not sure yet what will happen with the Killarney shows. We probably won't find out until a couple of months before the scheduled show date unless things take a dramatic turn for the better or worse before summer. There's basically 0% I'll be able to get vaccinated by August. I'd be surprised if they allowed entry into Ireland by August without proof of vaccination and/or a mandatory quarantine period. :(
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2021, 01:05:02 PM »

It would be nice of the show was recorded for the new special.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2021, 03:18:10 PM »

So for 2020, I saw 3 shows in Florida at the beginning of the tour.  I had tickets to the shows in Morgantown, WV and Cleveland OH, which were canceled.  I let them roll until 2021.  When the 2021 schedule came out, I went ahead and bought tickets for St Petersburg, FL again.  When the 2021 tour got canceled, I got a refund on WV and OH, but let the St Pete ticket roll to 2022. 

I noticed that on the 2020 schedule, there is still a Morgantown show, but nothing in Cleveland.  Part of the reason I was going to these 2 shows is I can get a non-stop flight to Pittsburgh, which is kind of between these two venues.  If I'm going to fly, I'd like to see at least 2 shows.

There's still some holes in the schedule, so who knows?
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2021, 11:57:41 PM »

I checked the venue where I will be seeing them to see what's going on there and it said the new show will be called Postcards from Ireland. I wonder if that's something they will tape this summer or what that'll be.
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 08:30:34 AM »

Nice find!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, 2021 Tour Postponed - Theme by GlenS