Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:46 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Destiny
| | |-+  Destiny: Your favourite songs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destiny: Your favourite songs  (Read 3919 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: February 10, 2019, 01:59:18 PM »

My own five favourites are Walk Beside Me, Westering Home, How Can I Keep From Singing, Óró sé do bheatha abhaile, and Siúil a Rún.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 04:48:12 PM »

I picked My Land, Westering Home, How Can I Keep from Singing, and Whole of the Moon. I loved just about everything on the album, but those ones, in that order, had a pretty big impact on me.
chandlermattson
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:45:00 PM »

1.) Óro Sé Do Bheatha 'bhaile

2.) When You Go

3.) Skyrim (Dragonborn)

4.) Sí Do Mhamieo Í

5.) How Can I Keep from Singing?
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:45:01 AM »

Absolute Favorite's in most order: Sometimes a Prayer will Do, Ride On, The Whole of the Moon, Óro Sé Do Bheatha 'bhaile, and My Land.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 10:48:52 PM »

Love Destiny so much! This is the album that inspired me to finally go see Celtic Woman live after years of listening to their music. Seeing them live vaulted my fandom up to the CWazy level. How in the world do I pick only 5 from Destiny?

I went with Westering Home, Tir Na Nog, Bean Phaidin, I See Fire and Ride On. Westering Home was my top favorite Celtic Woman song until Going Home. Now those two are neck and neck.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 04:41:44 AM »

Reasons for my choices in no particular numbering order:

When You Go: From this song onwards I knew straight away this was going to be a good album (and concert). It's such a upbeat number which never ceases to make me want to have a little dance every time I hear it. I do prefer the transition to this song from Terloc's Dream, though.
Ride On: I feel like this is probably the Barcarolle of Celtic Woman songs (you know, the soprano/mezzo-soprano or contralto duet). Éabha and Mairéad C. have such amazing vocals and they blend together perfectly here alongside Máiréad N.'s fiddling.
The Whole of the Moon: As a Scottish Celtic Woman fan, I always have to make sure a cover of a Scottish song or a song by a Scottish artist is able to win my appeal, and this is certainly no exception. I assume Susan must have had lots of fun getting this recorded!
How Can I Keep from Singing: This is perhaps one of the most haunting songs Celtic Woman has ever recorded. Éabha's vocals combined with the low whistle always gives me goosebumps. Also, to me, if you don't include the vocals, it feels more like a lament than a hymn.
Bean Pháidín: The story/inspiration behind this song makes it even more fun to listen to, as does the blend of Gaelic and English verses.
Diego94

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 03:20:23 PM »

Destiny is one of my favourite albums, and my favourite songs are How can I keep from singing, My Land, Like an angel passing through my room, Westering Home and Dragonborn.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 03:23:52 PM by Diego94 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Destiny: Your favourite songs - Theme by GlenS