Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:02:39 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Solo Speculation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Solo Speculation  (Read 2866 times)
mattycakes

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2020, 05:24:23 PM »

This topic is pretty straightforward! What solos do you think the girls are going to sing OR what solos do you want them to sing?

It would seem that we have some confirmation that Chloe will be singing When You Believe again. I hope they have a larger choir for this tour, otherwise I don't think this will work as well as on previous tours. I would also love if they revisited Galway Bay with Tara on the harp while Chloe sings.

For Mairead, I hope she sings Ae Fond Kiss again. I absolutely LOVE hearing her sing this one! I also think it would be lovely if she sang Newgrange once again. It's an old song that CW has sang for years but this newer version works so well for Mairead, so I would love hearing her soaring vocals on it.

With Megan, I'm a little bit unsure. I'm so tired of Fields Of Gold (she's singing the third freakin version) and, while I know she loves it and she sounded lovely on it, Faith's Song never really appealed to me. I hope she continues singing Shenandoah at the very least. I have always loved that song and you don't hear it sang that often anymore (my friend Jimmy, who used to play that song with his school's orchestra, heard her singing it and literally said "I have never once heard the lyrics to this song before"). For her second solo, I would love to hear her take on a solo performed by one of the former members that hasn't been revisited in the Gavin Murphy era. For instance, I would love if she were to cover one of Alex or Lynn's solos! I think she would sound sound great soloing on My Heart Was Home Again or hitting those higher notes in My Lagan Love.

As for Tara, I feel almost certain that she'll be performing The Enchanted Way again (which thank God for that, because that song is AMAZING). I also hope that she'll perform Across The World again. I feel that is the superior of her faster solos (Tara's Tunes just doesn't seem as fun to me). I also hope she performs For The Love Of A Princess, as that's my favorite of her slow solos. Although! Now that I think about it, she could perform Skyrim! I loved that song (I also love that game so it wouldn't hurt my feelings)!

What about you guys? What are you hoping to hear?
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 11:38:52 PM »

There are so many amazing songs that I would love to hear and it's hard to dwindle them down!

For Mairead, I have a guess that she'll bring back Ave Maria. I have nothing to base that on, just a feeling. I'd say my top choice for her would be I See Fire. I've only seen that one live one time and it was spectacular. I've been wanting to see it live again ever since.  Another one I would love to see her do is Newgrange again. Keep on showcasing that incredible voice and making my jaw smack the floor repeatedly! Everything I've seen her perform has been phenomenal, so bring back any of them!

For Tara, I would love to see her do a solo where she's both singing and playing the harp, so Isle of Innisfree or Carickfergus or Siuil A Run. Definitely The Enchanted Way again, that song is so incredibly fun! And I'm hoping her slow song is the gorgeous For the Love of a Princess. And how about Across the World too! No wrong choice here!

For Megan, I love your idea of My Heart Was Home Again. That is such a beautiful song and I have never seen that one live. Different from you though, I would love to see Fields of Gold again. Her singing that has got to be one of my all-time favorite Celtic Woman songs. So gorgeous!

For Chloe, it does seem that When You Believe is one of them since there was a picture of the sheet music on instagram. My top choice for her though would be Galway Bay.  Beautiful song!

For Susan, I would love so much to see Caledonia live for the first time! That song is amazing! I would also love to see her do She Moved Thru the Fair again with the gorgeous dancing with Carl. I'm thrilled that two of Susan's six shows are ones I'm going to!

They have such wealth of incredible music to choose from! This tour is going to be wonderful!
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 01:30:44 PM »

This is fun!  Here is what I predict, off the top of my head, without consulting previous albums or the picks that mattycakes and Tracie made.  These are mainly predictions, but they are biased towards what I would want to see.

Chloë: Walking on the Air, When You Believe
Susan: The Whole of the Moon, She Moved Through the Fair
Mairéad: Newgrange, Caledonia
Megan: Send Me a Song, Scarborough Fair
Tara: Tara's Tunes, Granuaile's Dance

I might post some updates if my mind changes.  This is tricky, because if any of the singers are accompanied by Tara, then I wouldn't really count it as a solo to me.  I think it would be amusing if a few of us committed to a prediction of two solos per lady before opening night and we could see how many songs we got right. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:14:13 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 02:04:52 PM »

This is fun!  Here is what I predict, off the top of my head, without consulting previous albums or the picks that mattycakes and Tracie made.  These are mainly predictions, but they are biased towards what I would want to see.

Chloë: Walking on the Air, When You Believe
Susan: The Whole of the Moon, She Moved Through the Fair
Mairéad: Newgrange, Caledonia
Megan: Send Me a Song, Scarborough Fair
Tara: Tara's Tunes, Granuaile's Dance

I might post some updates if my mind changes.  This is tricky, because if any of the singers are accompanied by Tara, then I wouldn't really count it as a solo to me.  I think it would be amusing if a few of us committed to a prediction of two solos per singer before opening night and we could see how many songs we got right.
Sadly, I don't think Send Me A Song will happen, as it's a David Downes original. I love the idea of Scarborough Fair though! I forgot about that song!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »

Ooh I like the Scarborough Fair idea too! And Mairead singing Caledonia works for me!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Solo Speculation - Theme by GlenS