Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:03 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  Ancient Land tour setlist (SPOILERS!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ancient Land tour setlist (SPOILERS!)  (Read 7884 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2019, 10:50:13 PM »

This Ancient Land tour setlist was in a Facebook post from somebody who attended opening night.

****SPOILERS below****

*Act 1*
Ancient Land
Homeland
Moorlough Shore (Eabha)
Follow Me
Newgrange (Mairead)
Sive
Fields of Gold (Megan)
Love and Honour (Tara)
Amazing Grace (Mairead, Eabha, Megan)
The Enchanted Way (Tara)
Danny Boy
Ballroom of Romance

*Act 2*
Long Journey Home
Shenandoah (Megan)
Mna Na hEireann
Orinoco Flow
Siuil A Run (Eabha & Tara)
Ae Fond Kiss (Mairead)
Tip Tap Toe (band & dancers)
Garden of Eden (Eabha)
Over The Rainbow (Mairead & Megan)
Tara's Tunes (Tara)
Bean Phaidin
Going Home
The Kesh Inn
The Parting Glass

****SPOILERS above****

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 10:57:08 PM »

There are definitely some surprises in there! I think this setlist looks absolutely incredible and I am soooooo excited to see the show! I am thrilled that a couple of old favorites Orinoco Flow and Bean Phaidin are back, along with two songs I love but have never seen performed live, Newgrange and Fields of Gold. This Ancient Land tour is going to be epic!

My idea to try to be spoiler free for 5 weeks until my first show lasted all of 3 days. Lol, there was no way I was going to make it and I knew this post was on Facebook so I just had to read it. Next year I want to attend opening night, wherever it may be, so I can actually be spoiler free!
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 12:21:00 AM »

Too bad we don't get to see Megan perform Faith's Song again.  I know that one is kind of solemn, but it really grew on me after I started listening to the album.  But Megan will surely give an amazing performance of Fields of Gold and I'll be sure to listen carefully since it's not on the album or DVD!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 12:33:01 AM by VegasDavid » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 07:36:34 AM »

I agree, I had wanted to see Faith's Song again, but also love Fields of Gold. I'll also be missing Mairead's County Down, but am looking forward to hearing her Newgrange.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 08:41:04 AM »

It's a pity they don't include Faith's Song, and especially County Down, but I like the inclusion of the old classics. (Anyway, I'm glad they kept my favourite solo for each of them!) Newgrange brings back memories of Emerald, Mairéad's first "real" tour with CW (after only being in the end of Believe 2.0) and Fields of Gold seems a good fit for Megan, even though I'd have liked her to sing something more... different, stylistically, from her other solos. But we don't know how they're arranged! I love the new version of Orinoco Flow, and I suppose that funny, upbeat song from the little clip I showed earlier is from Bean Phaidin? I would have thought it was an entirely new song, but out of this list, it's the only one that fits. I have seen photos of the girls with their instruments, so I suppose those are from The Kesh Inn, as usual.
chandlermattson
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »

Wow! I love they included some older songs like "Fields of Gold" and "Bean Phadin." Also, I'm in love with the new version of "Orinoco Flow" just from the little clip that I heard!
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 03:55:30 PM »

So do I! It's absolutely gorgeous, and so refreshing.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 09:49:23 PM »

I agree, the little clip we saw must be a new arrangement of Bean Phaidin. I can't think of anything else it might be in this setlist. I love that song! It was one of my favorites on the Destiny tour.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 04:35:26 PM »

On May 4th in Long Beach, California, Megan started performing Faith's Song in place of Shenedoah.

In May 7 in San Diego, Mairead Carlin performed County Down instead of Ae Fond Kiss. Megan continued to perform Faith's Song.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 09:39:07 PM »

I'm very intrigued now to see what the setlist will be in Minneapolis next week!
chandlermattson
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 05:24:29 PM »

On May 4th in Long Beach, California, Megan started performing Faith's Song in place of Shenedoah.

In May 7 in San Diego, Mairead Carlin performed County Down instead of Ae Fond Kiss. Megan continued to perform Faith's Song.

Ooo, very interesting. ;D
DAANTJUH23

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 02:29:34 AM »

I'm curious about the setlist in Brazil. Does anyone know that one? :-[ :D I'm going to the concert in Amsterdam getting excited for october already ;D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Ancient Land tour setlist (SPOILERS!) - Theme by GlenS