Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:56:03 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Tara McNeill
| | |-+  Across the Atlantic: Tara & Alex announce duo concert & album!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Across the Atlantic: Tara & Alex announce duo concert & album!  (Read 1158 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2023, 05:04:15 PM »

Tara posted a big announcement today - she and Alex will perform a concert and record an album as a duo!

Tara's instagram announcement is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cry_Z7esFu4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The concert will be on Long Island in Stony Brook, NY at the Staller Center for the Arts. The concert posting and tickets are here: https://stallercenter.showare.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=340

The concert description sounds absolutely fabulous! "Prepare to be taken on a musical journey through Irish tunes, classical gems, their own compositions, and covers of beloved Disney favorites." Love it! Gregg and I will be going to the concert and are super excited! And a duo album coming too - so awesome!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 12:55:58 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 10:40:52 AM »

Ooh. Sounds awesome!

I have always wanted CW to play Noble Maiden Fair from the "Brave" soundtrack. Tell me if they play that. It seems a good fit for Tara.

I hope this doesn't imply anything about CW. At the very least, it means they're not actively working on a new album. Or am I reading too much into it?  :(

In any case, good for Tara - my fave CW of all time. I told her I'll put a 10 hour loop of "Love & Honour" on YouTube one day.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 02:38:12 PM »

Tara announced today that her and Alex's album Across the Atlantic will be released on September 22nd!! It'll be available on pre-sale on September 15th, with one track available with the pre-sale!

The Instagram announcement is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw2zuE7s1KZ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Take a look at the album cover photo - seriously can't even cope with how incredibly gorgeous that is! This is going to be amazing!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 05:08:53 PM »

Thanks for the heads up!

If you click on her Link Tree, there are two more concerts. Including a FREE (what?!?!?!?) one on 9/23/23.  :o

https://linktr.ee/taramcneill

I'll try to put them in the forum calendar shortly.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 05:15:01 PM by LakersCeltics » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 01:01:31 PM »

The album released today and I love it!

Tara put into words what this album means to her more eloquently than I could, so here's her post from Facebook today:
https://www.facebook.com/taramcneillmusic/posts/pfbid0L6wdLjC4oHkoUTocwwAYMhdRjbPj2ikHaPEP1JsjWzb8mAVNa1VC27nY2mrQak7Vl

I can’t believe it 🤯 I really hope you’ll listen and let us know what you think.

This whole album started because Alex and I wanted to find a way to be together more.  Our careers have often taken us apart but when we were writing this music, whether in the same room or in different countries, we were together. Our music became very much inspired by the ocean between Ireland and America and a long-distance love reaching ‘Across the Atlantic’. 

Our album includes 12 widely-varying pieces and songs that fuse energetic fiddle reels with dramatic and percussive piano, echoes of old Irish airs woven between classical virtuosity and songs that take you on a journey across the ocean to places of longing and hope. 

We really do feel there is something for everyone on this album so please spread the word.  It started as something for us… but now it is for you. 

Thank you sooo much for listening, it really means so much to us that you want to hear our music.  ‘Across the Atlantic’ the debut duo album from Tara & Alex is out in the world!

I may post more thoughts over the weekend, since I need to get ready for the High Kings concert soon, but this album was quite a pleasure to listen to and it's unlike anything else I have in my Celtic Woman fan collection (130 CDs and counting).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 01:03:12 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 10:43:38 PM »

Across the Atlantic is an absolutely outstanding album! A masterpiece from start to finish! I love every song so much!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2023, 09:05:42 PM »

Ya know I've never really heard Tara sing. Only a few snippets. No wonder why people are always asking when she'll get a chance to sing with CW.  :o

In case anyone missed it, this is a pretty good offer from Tara's Twitter:

You can now pre-order our physical CD of ‘Across the Atlantic’ here! If you would like it signed just leave a note when you’re ordering
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2023, 10:35:46 AM »

@Tracie
How was the concert? Did you get to meet her that day?

PS. Thanks for the link in the other thread about MC's concert finally posted online.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2023, 10:44:19 PM »

The concert was fantastic!  Tara and Alex are both so incredibly talented! They performed 10 of the 12 songs from the album, plus a couple Disney songs, a couple Irish songs, and a couple classical songs. Alex was on piano and Tara went back and forth from singing to playing violin, sometimes in the same song. Loved getting to hear Tara sing in person for the first time! She has a really beautiful voice. We had front row seats that were so close we were practically on the stage. The entire concert was so beautiful. Loved it! I very much enjoy going to see these types of concerts and supporting the ladies when they do things separate from Celtic Woman. Yes, we got to talk to Tara and Alex after the concert. They were signing cds, taking photos, and talking with people in the lobby. They were so appreciative that we had come to see them. Tara is also one of the ladies who I've gotten to know well and have a personal connection with, which is really lovely ❤️

We spent three days prior to the concert in Manhattan, including my birthday, which was really fun! We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, went to One World Observatory, saw the 9/11 Memorial, walked around Central Park, went to the Museum of Broadway, and saw two Broadway shows. On my birthday, we went to Ellen's Stardust Diner where the wait staff are out of work Broadway actors and they sing and dance and serenade people the entire time. Such a blast! Afterwards we saw Wicked, which was amazing! The next night we saw Aladdin, which was also amazing!

It was a fabulous trip, loved getting to see Tara and Alex perform so beautifully, and loved that the concert was on Long Island, giving us a really fun few days in Manhattan!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2023, 10:33:19 PM »

Oh Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like a fun trip. I love the fact that Tara & Alex made themselves available after the concert.

My wife & I have tried the stage door @ some Broadway shows. That can be tough because we don't "know" or recognize some of the stars out of costume & make-up. And they'll just walk right by you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Across the Atlantic: Tara & Alex announce duo concert & album! - Theme by GlenS