Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:41 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Megan Ruby Walsh
| | |-+  Megan says farewell to Celtic Woman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megan says farewell to Celtic Woman  (Read 2411 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2023, 12:15:22 PM »

Now that it's official, we can post about it.

Megan has decided to leave Celtic Woman:

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give you all a little life update.

Last year I made the decision to step away from Celtic Woman. I am eternally grateful for the friendships that I have made an the experiences I got to share with them for the past nearly 5 years. I will cherish them forever! I feel incredibly blessed to have been surrounded by such incredible women. I wouldn't be half the woman I am today without them. I'm also so grateful for the love and support I have received from you all! It has been such a gift.

I'm so excited to be starting a new chapter and i can't wait for you all to hear the music that I've been working on! I've put my heart and soul into it and it has been such a fulfilling experience! Keep an eye out because I'll be announcing the first release very soon!

Sending so much love to everyone!

Megan

It was a privilege to be at both Megan's first show with Celtic Woman and her last. At that first show at Johnstown Castle, she as really nervous and her strength was as inspiring as her voice was beautiful. At her last show of the 2022 Christmas Symphony tour, my 32nd time seeing her with the group, I was getting an unusual amount of smiles and waves from her. Near the end of the show, during Auld Lang Syne, Megan showed some tears and her and Tara hugged a bunch of times. It seemed probable that at least one of them was leaving.

Those of us at a high enough tier on Patreon have known for a while she was leaving and honoured her request to keep her secret until she was ready. Patreon is a great platform for fans to support their favourite artists and I'm proud to help her to continue to do what she loves.

https://www.patreon.com/meganruby/posts

Megan seemed a bit shy early in her tenure with the group. On Patreon, we got to see a different side of her. She's funny and a deeply caring person.

I was having a really hard time before the Postcards tour and I don't know if I would have made it to that tour without her encouragement. Her kind words at the stage doors were also really helpful to me.

Every end is a beginning. As Megan begins this new chapter of her career, so too does Celtic Woman. Megan's gorgeous voice will surely be missed, but Celtic Woman has had a knack over the years for finding talented vocalists that fit perfectly with the group. I'm eager to get to know the newest member of Celtic Woman and enjoy the uniquely beautiful sound she will bring to the group we love.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 12:57:17 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 04:06:24 PM »

this was magans post on FB
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 05:16:58 PM »

What a major bummer! I love her voice on Postcards and at the Christmas 22 concert. Now all the singers from Ancient Land are gone. That was such a good lineup! :'(

I think a lot of people felt it was coming. The thing that 100% confirmed it for me was the CW official tweet from 3/30/23 where they only tagged Tara and Muirgen.

:'(
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 05:55:26 PM »

I wonder if her leaving at the end of the spring tour last year helped her make this decision. Being home sick helped her know she would want to be home making music and not tour anymore for long periods of time.

Thankfully CW is taking a break this year which this announcement would have came out months ago as they would be over a month on tour now. This gives CW about 9 months to audition and review for a replacement. They may be rehearsing and recording new music this summer to release in the fall or early winter.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 07:29:24 PM »

I have to say I think CW knew months ago about Magan leaving. As she is the only girl that has done a stageit while under contract with CW so I am thinking at the time of that stageit show Magan was out on her own. I will sure miss that voice of her's I only got to see her 3 times live. I wish her the best in the new chapter in her life
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 03:39:40 PM »

Wow! This is surprising yet not! Megan to me is young and would thought she'd have at least two more years. It was kind of lovely seeing her so confident at the end with Hannah in the lineup it was like herself and Muirgen were the new Mairead C and Eabha besties! They all have a time to shine as the leader maybe Chloe took a bit of that spotlight haha. It was so great to see her and Susan harmonize together and I was ready for Megan rooting for her to become the top dog!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 03:44:01 PM by rfcw » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2023, 05:37:26 PM »

Hey guys, I'm devastated!!! She was my favorite, owm my God... what a pain...
I knew it, I knew it!! I told you in a post at the beginning of the year that when Hanna said that "we will have a wonderful year 2023", Megan's face was sad, the same expression that Eabha made in the farewell video of the Christmas tour... Anyway , life must go on...  :'( :'(
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2023, 07:23:46 PM »

So I've seen 11 shows with Megan, with 2 M&G's.  I thought the first time I saw her (March 6 --Daytona Beach) she was going to be the new face of CW.  I felt there were some similarities between her and Chloe.  Age, etc.  My first show was back in 2007.  My first chance to meet Chloe was in 2009 where my daughter, then 14,  fell in love with Chloe at a meet & greet.  I had hoped Megan would have the same "bubbly" personality that Chloe had.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 10:15:39 AM »

I think that the new face of CW is shaping to be Muirgen. She is very charismatic, articulate and talented. I don't doubt that we'll see a huge evolution from her in the next CW special (if it will ever be another one LOL).

Now about Megan, she is the kind of performer who fits perfectly in almost every occasion. There wasn't any piece where she didn't make the difference. Her departure is a big hit for me as a fan, cause she brought so much for the group this past few years, particularly with Ancient Land... Well, now that's a turned page.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2023, 11:40:46 AM »

Agreed! Not comparing her to anyone but she reminds on the same footsteps as Lynn. Muirgen is incredible how resignating she is to us, they all capture us in their stance with being with the group which makes CW bodly and unchanging!

Now about Megan, she is the kind of performer who fits perfectly in almost every occasion. There wasn't any piece where she didn't make the difference.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 11:43:10 AM by rfcw » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 05:14:02 PM »

Well, it all makes more sense to me now. She said in her post that she made the decision to leave the group last year, that explains why she doesn't have a new studio photo for the Christmas tour, do you notice that? Muigen and Tara have new photos of their new dresses, but for Megan they just repeated the PFI photo (that the dress was also red).
On Christmas Cards From Ireland, Muigen had the biggest spotlight on the harmonies, and it makes perfect sense now, Susan was a cameo and Megan was going to leave the group, so they took the opportunity to focus more on Muigen.
As I said, at the end of the Christmas tour Megan was visibly sad in the farewell video (similar to Eabha at the end of 2019)
And of course, her absence from any social media marketing materials. Since January 1st, Megan hasn't appeared on the group's social media, and since then she hasn't liked a post on the CW page either, and she hasn't posted anything related to the CW either (as far as I remember)

The signs were clear, and I suspected, but I didn't want to believe that she was really going to leave the group...
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2023, 08:18:27 PM »

It was such a joy for me to be at Megan's first performance with Celtic Woman - the Ancient Land DVD filming at Johnstown Castle.  Gregg and I both thought she was amazing and we loved her voice and performance instantly.  When they told us to welcome Mairéad and Megan to the stage to sing a duet of Over The Rainbow, we looked at each other and said this is going to be fabulous.  And so it was, and so many times seeing her perform after that!  We saw Megan on each tour she was on - The Best of Christmas, Ancient Land, The Magic of Christmas, Celebration, Postcards From Ireland, and A Christmas Symphony - for a total of 33 times seeing her perform (31 for Gregg).  Wow!  The only Celtic Woman member who we've seen perform in person more times than Megan is Tara.  We've met her numerous times and it's such a joy to be able to call her a friend.  We sure loved Megan in Celtic Woman and will miss her in the group, but at the same time are very excited to follow along on her solo career, hear the new music that she has on the way, and continue to support her through Patreon.  Thanks for all the amazing times Megan and there will be many more to come!
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2023, 03:26:32 PM »

I never thought we would be at her last show with Celtic Woman.

Wishing you the best of all things Megan.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Megan says farewell to Celtic Woman - Theme by GlenS