Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:14:19 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour  (Read 8770 times)
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2023, 04:17:39 PM »

I sent an email to my PBS station asking about tickets. 

A couple years ago, the question was do I want the M&G or "good" seats?  Good seats being defined as 1st or 2nd row.  My local venue only let PBS have seats starting in row 12.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2023, 12:14:54 PM »

I sent an email to my PBS station asking about tickets. 

A couple years ago, the question was do I want the M&G or "good" seats?  Good seats being defined as 1st or 2nd row.  My local venue only let PBS have seats starting in row 12.

Good idea. I'll probably do the same things, as opposed to waiting for the pledge drive, etc.

I noticed the tour is FL heavy, although FL is a big state. (I guess that's good for you @dbbii - right?) And a lot of shows in the South. That's all good. I guess I just never noticed.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2023, 05:10:02 PM »

You are correct -- there are usually multiple shows in Florida.  Florida has multiple "major" cities.  Over the years, I've seen shows in Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach, Melbourne and Daytona Beach.  Yes, some require an overnight stay, but they are within driving distance (about 4 hours max). 

I'll go to the show in St Petersburg this year.  Not sure if I will go to any others.  A number of years ago, I was kinda burned out on CW. This was when they were doing TAR, starting in the audience.  Lisa Lambe ended up sitting next to me.  I went home and bought tickets for another 4 or 5 shows.  Part of that was, of course, I had had the opportunity to meet all the girls multiple times and they recognized me.  Not so much any more.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2023, 12:09:19 PM »

Holly buttkiss the prices of tickets Greenbay show floor seats 175.00 each Milw show 2 tickets on the front floor $395.00 for 2 seats and these prices are without anything special like M&G Guess I will not be going to a show can't afford these prices with the lose of income getting my legs taken care of. The only show I have tickets for is Chloe's show in Milw for christmas. Let me know what you all think of the prices of the shows this year. I will look into PBS seats.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2023, 03:45:54 PM »

Holly buttkiss the prices of tickets Greenbay show floor seats 175.00 each Milw show 2 tickets on the front floor $395.00 for 2 seats and these prices are without anything special like M&G Guess I will not be going to a show can't afford these prices with the lose of income getting my legs taken care of. The only show I have tickets for is Chloe's show in Milw for christmas. Let me know what you all think of the prices of the shows this year. I will look into PBS seats.

I just had this conversation at home. The face value on tickets I looked at are significantly more than what I paid for PBS tickets (w/ M&G!!!) for Postcards!

Not only is inflation to blame. It's dynamic pricing. I was wondering out loud in the Christmas thread why the seats keep getting more and more expensive. I didn't know about how normalized dynamic pricing is. So the longer you wait, the more seats are gone, the higher the price.

I'm afraid to see what the PBS prices will be.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2023, 10:04:47 AM »

I decided to go to the Atlanta Christmas show.  I paid $700 for 2 pit seats with a M&G and a pre-show reception.  Then there's a hotel room plus gas to get there so this is probably a $1500 trip.  Since I only went to 3 shows this year, I was kind of under what I had spent in the past for shows. 

My PBS station said they were doing a M&G for the local show, but no info until their December pledge drive.  Chances are it will be in the $350 to $400 range for a pair of tickets.  Will I pay it?  Probably.   Will that be the only show I go to next year? Probably unless I'm blown away by the show.

All shows are getting expensive.  Look at what happened with Taylor Swift.  My daughter wanted to go, but figured out that using her whole paycheck wasn't the smartest idea in the world.

I just spent $250 for a pair of tickets to go see Come From Away locally.  I've seen it before.  It's one of the top 2 or 3 Broadway type shows I've seen. 
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2023, 01:09:12 PM »

My PBS station said they were doing a M&G for the local show, but no info until their December pledge drive.  Chances are it will be in the $350 to $400 range for a pair of tickets.  Will I pay it?  Probably.   Will that be the only show I go to next year? Probably unless I'm blown away by the show.

I will pay that price because your getting something else other then just a seat plus your supporting PBS at the same time
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2023, 07:44:34 PM »

PBS tickets are starting to pop up online. I've started posting on top of Tracie's calendar posts. The prices are not horrible yet...
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2023, 02:05:37 PM »

PBS show times for the TV special are starting to show up. Most (if not all) PBS stations have a searchable schedule on their website.

My PBS station has a few TV times the last week of Nov. Not a lot. Kind of disappointing, but maybe they'll add more later.

I assume ticket sales start then? Or earlier? I noticed Postcards is on TV this weekend here, but that wouldn't make sense to sell 20th anniversary tickets during Postcards?
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2023, 10:43:25 PM »

I assume ticket sales start then? Or earlier? I noticed Postcards is on TV this weekend here, but that wouldn't make sense to sell 20th anniversary tickets during Postcards?

Hard to say - if.you're looking for tickets and/or meet & greet, it's probably worth checking it this weekend just in case.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2023, 11:03:55 PM »

Hard to say - if.you're looking for tickets and/or meet & greet, it's probably worth checking it this weekend just in case.

That was weird. Last minute schedule change. So Postcards didn't air. Hmm.

My PBS station did send a newsletter that they will have CW tickets for 2024. But there were no details in the newsletter.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2023, 11:30:51 AM »

I don't know if you saw my posts in the Calendar section. My PBS station told me about a date that is not on the CW website or the venue website.

So all that to say...they are still adding more dates to the tour, in general. If you look at the current tour schedule, there are a few holes in the schedule. So those might be filled soon, like before the PBS pledge drives.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2023, 08:12:08 PM »

There's definitely gaps to fill in on the schedule, which we'll probably find out fairly soon. I'm particularly interested in April 16th - no show listed for that date yet and in between two Wisconsin shows. Very likely that's a Minnesota show!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2023, 12:33:58 AM »

I just added to the calendar that there's a Denver show on May 26th that we hadn't known about. It's not listed on the CW or on the venue website yet, but there are both regular and meet & greet tickets for it here: https://www.pbs12.org/donate/
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2023, 10:43:25 AM »

There's a show in Fort Myers, FL.  The PBS station wants $600 for a pair of "premium" seats w/M&G.  $450 for a "P1" seat (whatever that is).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour - Theme by GlenS