Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:48 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  The real Celtic Woman Anniversary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The real Celtic Woman Anniversary  (Read 2799 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2020, 10:03:41 PM »

I've always treated the anniversary of Celtic Woman as September 15th, the day they recorded their first PBS special / DVD at the Helix in Dublin in 2004.

Celtic Woman Limited was set up after the DVD recording, on October 5th, 2004. Sources: [1][2]

But I was a little surprised today to hear a few times from Mairead Nesbitt that the actual Celtic Woman anniversary is June 9th. I knew they had recorded the album months prior to the DVD, but that far in advance, on the same day as the birthday of Chloë Agnew and David Downes? I haven't heard that before.

So far, I haven't found evidence to confirm or deny that June 9th is when Celtic Woman actually started. Can anyone confirm?
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 10:36:32 AM »

I'm trying to remember where I had heard this, but...

The initial show was only supposed to be a one-time event.  After the show, someone got the bright idea that maybe this could be a continuing show. 

I've been to 2 shows in Cleveland.  Both times, one of the girls commented that "this was where it all began".  July 20, 2005.  That kind of plays into the CW Limited set up.  Does it take 5 or 6 months to set up a tour, especially from scratch?  Yes.

If you continue on with this same thought, starting rehearsals in June for a July show isn't necessarily unreasonable.

Finally, did they have to wait until Chloe turned 16?  Since they are touring the US, I'm sure there are a bunch of regulations concerning number of hours a "minor" can work, etc. 
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 01:37:34 PM »

Finally, did they have to wait until Chloe turned 16?  Since they are touring the US, I'm sure there are a bunch of regulations concerning number of hours a "minor" can work, etc.

I don't think they had to wait for her to be a certain age, but they brought a teacher on tour for her during the school months.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 03:07:00 PM »

They didn't have to wait at all Chloe started touring when she was 15 but she had a tutor on tour paid for by CW and Lisa K was acting mom.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 01:29:09 PM »

Something tells me that a 15 year old is limited to the number of hours they can work per day AND I don't think they can work past 7:00 at night.  It's got nothing to do with school.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 08:43:04 PM »

You would have to remember it was 15 years ago and Chloe would go by Irish law not USA laws. I know she started touring at 15
CelticSweater
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 03:19:13 PM »

Also if she couldn't work after 7 PM, how would she be able to perform with the other girls, seeing as a lot of their shows were at about 7?

And I actually didn't know they recorded the album months before the DVD. That's awesome!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2023, 08:15:21 PM »

In the 20th Anniversary Photo Book, it's mentioned that the idea for Celtic Woman was conceived in the winter of 2024, although a specific date when Celtic Woman was actually founded was not provided.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, The real Celtic Woman Anniversary - Theme by GlenS