Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:50:48 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  What are you hoping for in the new DVD?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are you hoping for in the new DVD?  (Read 7553 times)
CelticSweater
« on: July 23, 2018, 04:10:56 PM »

Just have some fun and say what you imagine/hope to see in the new special! :) I know I'm hoping they include all the new songs they did on the Homecoming Tour! And I'm hoping maybe one of the former Celtic Women will make a guest appearance! That would be AWESOME!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 05:33:49 PM »

I hope they bring all new songs and no remix's of old songs and if they do all the newer songs from Homecoming then they should call the tour homecoming II. Like the Homecoming dvd is Voices of Angles tour
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 05:36:52 PM »

An appearance would be great by:
- A former Celtic Woman (we may indeed see this, as a guest or otherwise)
- Margaret Keys (that woman is amazing)
- Anabel Sweeney
- Former choir members I know
- Someone I don't know about yet but absolutely need to hear

I would also love to hear Tara sing solo on the DVD, although I don't think it's realistic for her to sing much (if at all) on the tours.

I'm definitely hoping for a large proportion of new songs: a mix of ones from the Homecoming Tour and perhaps a bunch of brand new ones they haven't performed before.

Dueling fiddles.

Synan dresses? The Homecoming Tour dresses looked fantastic and while some of them fit the girls perfectly (I really loved Eabha's navy blue tour dress, Susan's silky red dress, and all of Tara's dresses). But some of the dresses looked good separately but didn't go as well together as Synan's dresses do. The dresses they had on the Homecoming tour were never designed to go together or be worn specifically by the girls on tour. Lol.

No rain. Please, please, PLEASE! For anyone lucky enough to get drawn, no rain.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »

OMG YES! I DEFINITELY wanna hear Tara sing in this DVD/CD, and I honestly believe she can handle it. She's a ball of energy!

And as for dueling fiddles, OMG YES! I keep fantasizing how AWESOME it would be to see Tara and Mairead N playing TOGETHER! Like if Mairead N is one of the guests, OMG I would FALL OVER with excitement!!!

For one show? Yes, she definitely can.

For an entire tour? Even the girls doing just singing are pretty burned out by the end of a tour. I just wouldn't want to risk Tara getting burned out part way through the tour. If that happened, she wouldn't love performing anymore and definitely wouldn't be the same person on stage. I trust her and the people that work with her to know what's safe for her to for an extended period.

As far as I know Mairead doesn't have any tour (Rocktopia etc.) in September (the earliest dates I see for that are October). So it could be possible. I'm not sure those two would be the best choice for dueling fiddles though. That would likely incite comparisons and further divide the fan base. They definitely don't need to encourage people to think which is "better" than the other. Still, it would be really fun to see for us fans that are capable of loving them both equally. <3
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 07:29:39 PM »

A lot of my thoughts echo what's already been said. I very much want every new song from the Homecoming tour to be on the new dvd and album.  I'm also hoping for more new songs that we've never heard before.  I'd like very minimal repeats of songs that have been on albums in the past, with exceptions being Eabha's May It Be and Mairead's Nella Fantasia. If any other previous songs, I'd like to see Orinoco Flow and Nil Sen La on the new dvd since they were so much fun on the Voices of Angels tour but didn't make it onto the Homecoming dvd.

Love the idea of dueling fiddles! I would also love for Tara to have a solo where she's both singing and playing harp.

I may be in the minority on my next couple of thoughts here, but I actually prefer minimal to no special guests. I like the focus to be on the current main ladies. Homecoming was good with Anabel on two songs, but there were too many songs on the Destiny dvd with guests. I would also prefer the choir to be exactly what we've seen on tour the past couple of years - three or four men. Again keeping the focus on the main ladies. Just my opinion, I know many others love special guests and a huge choir :)

Those are my immediate thoughts, I'll keep thinking to add on more!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 07:39:59 PM »

I remember something else I was going to say - at some point I'd really like a Christmas album and dvd from the current ladies, but I hope this is not that time. Reason being that my desire to have all the new songs from the Homecoming tour beats out my desire for Christmas music. But hey, since this is a wish thread, how about a double disc set with one disc being Christmas and one not!?
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 08:09:58 PM »

I remember something else I was going to say - at some point I'd really like a Christmas album and dvd from the current ladies, but I hope this is not that time. Reason being that my desire to have all the new songs from the Homecoming tour beats out my desire for Christmas music. But hey, since this is a wish thread, how about a double disc set with one disc being Christmas and one not!?

That ... would ... be ... EPIC!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 08:56:01 PM »

I agree with some of you on some things I think they need a new show meaning all new songs and a new set design  they have used almost the same set design for 2 years in a row. Plus no past CW girls I look at it this way if your on the DVD then you need to put in the time and travel just like the other girls if your not willing or able to tour then stay off the DVD and this goes for Meav and all past Girls. Now if it's someone new that might be different as im sure they are going to need a stand in for Sue next year unless she is going to be like Lisa K and tour with a little one. I think this is part of why they did the contest last year to look at some new talent with all the girls married or getting married someone was bound to get PG. sooner or later and Sue is the oldest one of the girls. Oh well we have little to say what really goes into the new show we take what the put together or leave it
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 12:25:12 AM »

While I really would have loved a full Christmas album and DVD from the current group, they probably get a much better return on a regular album:
- Christmas albums / DVDs have peak sales for a few weeks, but don't typically hold up sales-wise outside of the holiday season
- Regular albums / DVDs compliment the main tours, which generate more overall revenue than the brief Christmas tours
- Regular albums / DVDs can sustain sales for longer periods
- During spring pledge drives and early fall (September) pledge drives, PBS would probably prefer a regular album / DVD
- There are only so many popular Christmas songs. They could pick lesser known songs, but those might not sell as well to most of the audience. They could give the Christmas songs a different flavor (like Fir Na Keol did with their Christmas album), but putting a twist on songs we've already heard them perform was a criticism of some of their recent works.

I would definitely love for them to record a new Christmas album and DVD. I do think it's possible they could do one next year, but the regular albums and DVDs are a better for their buck from Celtic Woman's perspective.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 04:25:12 PM »

I would love all the new Homecoming Tour songs, brand new songs, Nil sen La that was not on the DVD such a fun number performance I wouldn't mind Orinoco Flow from Voice's of Angel's too Yes! If A Time For Us or O America was performed that would complete it or else keep it exclusive to the VOA album. Meav could perform the new Dulaman for the castle, and join the girls for O America if they are looking to want to accomplish that. If Alex does the DVD as Guest or Full Guest then it makes total sense! I would let Lynn Guest for the future next one for what she's done so much to help out with Emerald & The 10th Anniversary Touring. Alex the same for helping for A New Journey Tour, 10th Anniversary & Homecoming Touring!! PLUS if Alex were to follow the 2019 Christmas Tour it would be her first since Christmas Tours only begun in 2011 and we all know Alex & Lynn have no Christmas Special as member's! Let's make it Fair & let's begin with Alex from the Homecoming Tour participation! Thank You & Thank You All!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 08:08:14 PM »

Deirdre Shannon
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 08:48:13 PM »

I'd like to see:
1. A surprising and risky element, like the six-person aerial in Believe, the young children in Believe, or fireworks.
2. Anthony Byrne appearing all of a sudden on top of a castle with bagpipes.  That never gets old.
3. The song "Star of the County Down" sung to a relaxing tempo instead of the usual fast tempo.  I don't think Celtic Woman has done that one yet.  I'm not sure who should sing it.  (I have a really nice version on a obscure CD named "Oasis World Volume VII Radio Sampler" by an obscure artist named "Keltish" which I would link to if I could.  Nice relaxing female vocals.)
4. Different versions of the DVD that use different camera angles, for people like me who will watch it over and over again.
5. Behind the scenes footage and interviews.
6. A shot of CWazyTom enjoying a song.  He does so much to spread Celtic Woman news!  :D
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 10:03:19 PM »

I'd like to see:
1. A surprising and risky element, like the six-person aerial in Believe, the young children in Believe, or fireworks.
2. Anthony Byrne appearing all of a sudden on top of a castle with bagpipes.  That never gets old.
3. The song "Star of the County Down" sung to a relaxing tempo instead of the usual fast tempo.  I don't think Celtic Woman has done that one yet.  I'm not sure who should sing it.  (I have a really nice version on a obscure CD named "Oasis World Volume VII Radio Sampler" by an obscure artist named "Keltish" which I would link to if I could.  Nice relaxing female vocals.)
4. Different versions of the DVD that use different camera angles, for people like me who will watch it over and over again.
6. A shot of CWazyTom enjoying a song.  He does so much to spread Celtic Woman news!  :D

Aww. Thanks! I'll try to beat the crowd to the front rows after we rush in the gates.

Yes, I would definitely love a behind the scenes again or some sort of "Journey So Far" update perhaps. It's been a while since that epic bonus documentary on The Greatest Journey.

Hopefully I'm not as far back as I was for the Lindsey Stirling show last week. She sounded great but she was tough to see.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 08:14:27 PM »

There hasn’t been a behind the scenes or “The making of...” since Believe. It’s been long overdue for a new one. Maybe “The making of Celtic Woman’s New Journey”. A throw back to the first castle DVD!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 11:54:21 PM »

Yes to behind the scenes/making of and Anto on top of the castle with bagpipes!

I re-watched the behind the scenes on both A New Journey and Songs From The Heart tonight. So much fun to see a bit of what it'll be like attending Johnstown!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What are you hoping for in the new DVD? - Theme by GlenS