Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:19:06 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Celtic Woman: New outdoor special / DVD at Johnstown Castle!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman: New outdoor special / DVD at Johnstown Castle!  (Read 14996 times)
Romds9

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 08:34:33 PM »

Hi all,
     Just checking, what did the email say in your confirmation. I got an email reply saying that they are willing to hold tickets for me should I attend but didn’t confirm dates.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 09:06:04 PM »

Wow, this is huge!

I just found out about it today on Twitter (thanks, CWazyTom!)  I'm happy for you guys who already got accepted to attend.  I don't know if they still have spots left.  When I emailed them this morning, the automated reply, which gives me some hope, was:

Thank you for registering your interest in the new Celtic Woman Special taking place in Johnstown Castle, Co. Wexford September 13th and 14th 2018.
There is a limited amount of complimentary seating available. Please note for those travelling from outside of Ireland, proof of travel may be required. We will be in touch with you in due course.

Best wishes
Celtic Woman Team

rfcw: Lisa Lambe is busy performing in the play "Jimmy's Hall" in Galway on the days of the Johnstown Castle concert (link).  I heard on Twitter that she sings a solo (The Parting Glass) in the play.  She's performing it in different cities in Ireland throughout July and September, check out her schedule.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 09:57:06 PM »

The first email we got was saying thanks for your interest, the show will film on September 13th and 14th and that they would hold either date for us. My husband and I emailed back right away and said we would like the 14th. We got a response back pretty quickly confirming that they had put our names down for that date. They took our phone numbers as well and said we'll get more detailed info closer to show date. We had a few emails back and forth with a lady named Katie who works for them. At one point she said she was working her way through hundreds of requests. Hope you guys can still get in! And welcome to the forum!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 10:08:53 PM »

Hi all,
     Just checking, what did the email say in your confirmation. I got an email reply saying that they are willing to hold tickets for me should I attend but didn’t confirm dates.

Besides the automatic reply, there's a person replying to people who get drawn. The dates are Sept 13-14, although the ever-present danger with an outdoor show in Ireland is of course the weather. They told me there was a contingency plan for weather, but I wasn't given specifics yet.

I believe you can request 2 tickets if you have a guest.

If you haven't already, you should reply with the date(s) you want to reserve and the number of tickets. They'll probably acknowledge they have reserved those for you, then will follow up closer to the date to request proof of travel (if you're coming from outside of Ireland) and guest list (names and contact phone numbers, I think). They'll clarify when it's time.

They'll also clarify the times of the shows closer to the big days.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 10:15:04 PM »

Wow, this is huge!

I just found out about it today on Twitter (thanks, CWazyTom!)  I'm happy for you guys who already got accepted to attend.  I don't know if they still have spots left.  When I emailed them this morning, the automated reply, which gives me some hope, was:

Thank you for registering your interest in the new Celtic Woman Special taking place in Johnstown Castle, Co. Wexford September 13th and 14th 2018.
There is a limited amount of complimentary seating available. Please note for those travelling from outside of Ireland, proof of travel may be required. We will be in touch with you in due course.

Best wishes
Celtic Woman Team

rfcw: Lisa Lambe is busy performing in the play "Jimmy's Hall" in Galway on the days of the Johnstown Castle concert (link).  I heard on Twitter that she sings a solo (The Parting Glass) in the play.  She's performing it in different cities in Ireland throughout July and September, check out her schedule.

I did. She's performing in Galway when I'm in Ireland, but I doubt I'll be making it to Galway this particular trip. I would have to sacrifice one of the two Johnstown Castle shows to do it and although I love, love, LOVE Lisa Lambe, I really want to see both shows of the DVD recording. It's an experience I will likely never have again.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 09:09:42 AM »

Looks like I'll probably be able to see Lisa Lambe after all, as Jimmy's Hall is running for a short time in Dublin for the first few days while I'm there!

https://www.abbeytheatre.ie/whats-on/jimmys-hall/

26 July – 8 September On the Abbey Stage (Dublin) except for:

* 14 – 21 July at the Lime Tree Theatre, Limerick
* 11 – 15 September at the Town Hall Theatre, Galway
* 18 – 22 September at the Cork Opera House, Cork

OMG, this trip is going to be amazing! Now I just have to talk my non-CW-fan friend into making a 20-30 minute "scenic" detour out of Dublin to the middle of nowhere where Curious Monkey is located and I'll be all set!

So most likely will be Lisa Lambe and Edel Murphy (Riverdance) in Dublin on consecutive nights. Woohoo!!!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 09:15:19 AM »

Oh wow, that's so awesome Tom!!
VegasDavid

🌴

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 01:47:40 PM »

It took 8 days but someone from Celtic Woman wrote back to me and said I can attend!

I considered seeing Lisa Lambe in Galway on September 15th but it seemed better to just get to Dublin a few days early and catch her play on September 8th.  That way, I don't have to do quite so much travelling (I'm scared of driving a mirror image car and will limit myself to other forms of transportation ;)).  After seeing the play, I'll kill some time over the next four days.  Slane Castle and Powerscourt House are really close to Dublin so I might try to get tours there. I'll be sure to get to Wexford by September 12th and then probably leave on September 15th.

Tracie and CWazyTom: I'd be interested to attend the tentative fan gathering in Wexford you guys were talking about.   ;D
VegasDavid

🌴

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 04:28:17 PM »

CWazyTom: Thanks for the tip about Edel Murphy and Riverdance!  I remember Riverdance from the 90s and didn't realize they were still doing shows.  I just got my tickets, so I too will be seeing Lisa Lambe and Riverdance on two consecutive days.

What is the Curious Monkey you're talking about?  A coffee company on the outskirts of Dublin?
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 05:27:08 PM »

Yeah, Curious Monkey Coffee Co in Dún Laoghaire, Dublin is Caraí McMahon's business (Eabha's brother).

It was nominated for best Cafe/Teashop in Ireland in 2016, just one year after they opened.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 10:39:18 PM »

Yay, I'm glad you get to come too David! Have fun seeing Lisa Lambe and Riverdance too! I'm in for a fan gathering!
Romds9

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 12:07:23 AM »

Hi all,
     Well it took a long while and a lot of stressful waiting but I just got an email confirmation that I have a ticket to both nights
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »

Yay, that's awesome!!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »

This informational page about the Johnstown Castle concert has been added to the Celtic Woman website:

https://celticwoman.wufoo.com/forms/mm8dv5w0kfcio9/

The doors will open at 7:00 each night, the show will start at 8:00 and will run until approximately 11:00.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 08:26:08 PM »

Everybody going to Johnstown Castle, how cool is this that we get to be in the first audiences to see Megan!?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman: New outdoor special / DVD at Johnstown Castle! - Theme by GlenS