Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:02 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Deirdre Shannon
| | |-+  Deirdre (with Matt from The Celtic Tenors) (online)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deirdre (with Matt from The Celtic Tenors) (online)  (Read 2935 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2020, 05:12:43 PM »

On August 29, Matthew from The Celtic Tenors and Deirdre Shannon (with Brian McGrane and Sean Gilsenan on piano).

The show was live from Killua Castle, Ireland. The backdrop and lighting within the castle looked amazing, but unfortunately, the stream quality was absolutely horrendous.

I've had a LOT of bad quality experiences on StageIt. Some are problems at the source (bandwidth, Wi-Fi quality, Internet quality, etc). But in many cases, performers say their signal seems to be getting out, but StageIt just isn't getting it to viewers.

This is the worst StageIt quality I've seen since that time StageIt let Mairead Nesbitt do her whole show thinking it was getting to us when it wasn't.

This is not an issue on my side. Multiple browsers affected. Multiple devices affected. Almost everyone in the stream was complaining of issues. I watched a bunch of streams today and only had brutal issues with this StageIt show. Refreshing the page sometimes helped for a few seconds, then the picture and/or audio froze again.

I didn't hear / see more than 20% of any song in this show and had to refresh several times a minute just to get anything at all.

As bad as StageIt is, I think their network connection at the source was at least part of the problem tonight. The HD stream was too much data for the network to keep up with or it kept dropping the signal. Whatever the reason, it seemed like signal starvation was happening for most of the show.

The Byrne & Kelly stream I watched shortly after Dierdre's stream was WAY better stream quality. No choppiness or freezing at all.

I attached some screenshots of when there was actually picture on the screen, since there wasn't much else to do.

It did get a little better towards the end of the show, but overall, unacceptable level of quality.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:12:54 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 09:29:27 PM »

Apparently many viewers experienced the significant freezing issues that I did, but some didn't.

If some people didn't have issues, that means the problem wasn't at the source.

Since my Internet was fine and I didn't have trouble with any of the other shows I watched during my 8+ hour streaming marathon yesterday, it's likely that StageIt once again couldn't get a stable stream out to everyone.

Anyways, Deirdre and Matt have graciously decided they will post the concert (either clips or the full show) on Facebook and YouTube.
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 10:26:12 AM »

I watched the concert and also had problems with it. I was able to hear most of it, but the video kept starting and stopping. I’m glad they’re figuring out how to let us see it. It was too bad it didn’t work because it looks like they all worked very hard to put the concert together. I hope they decide to do another one.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 03:18:35 PM »

I tuned in today to A Concert for Family Carers, featuring Deirdre and Matt.

It ran for about 35-40 minutes.

Set list:

You Raise Me Up (Deirdre + Matt duet)
Somewhere (Deirdre solo)
Nella Fantasia (Deirdre + Matt duet)
The Prayer (Deirdre + Matt duet)
The Dutchman (Matt solo w/ Deirdre joining at end)
Real Heroes (Deirdre + Matt duet)

It was basically structured like a PBS concert during a pledge campaign, with stories about family carers in Ireland in between each song.

The stream stability was really good this time and the sound was good as well, though the set was a little less fancy than a castle.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:23:44 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 07:03:40 PM »

Cool pictures! I watched it as well and really enjoyed it. It was great to hear You Raise Me Up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Deirdre (with Matt from The Celtic Tenors) (online) - Theme by GlenS