Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:28:39 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Songs you'd like them to sing again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs you'd like them to sing again  (Read 1292 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: January 03, 2022, 10:44:37 AM »

With new arrangements, if they are from Downes albums, naturally.

Here's some of mine:

The Last Rose of Summer is one of my all-time favourites, and though they have not done it in a very long time, still very much a classic. The Downes arrangement is perfect in every way, but as it would not suit the current line up, I do think a re-arrangement would work well, but preferably not as a duet. A solo would be nice, a group number (with harmonies!) even more interesting.

We Three Kings is a lovely Christmas carol, and I love the HfC version, but there I don't like that it is not complete. One of the stand-outs of the earliest CW albums was that they didn't shorten or censor songs, but later they sometimes did (the MoC version of O Holy Night, which was fixed in the 2020 recording, or How Can I Keep From Singing?, which might also make a nice re-recording, for instance) and I want a version with all lines and all three Kings and Gifts.

My Lagan Love is a lovely, quiet song, with much potential for interesting and unusal arrangements. They did it so shortly, and it's such a classic.

I Know My Love was only done on tour with a nice, but odd arrangement, and I do think it could and should be done again, and differently.

Mo Ghile Mear has two different, lovely arrangements. The first is my absolute favourite out of all CW songs, but I also like the second, and as it is such a staple for CW, I do think they might also do a third. In a similar fashion, You Raise Me Up has also been recorded very often, and I know many are tired of it. But it is also a signature song, and might be adjusted for a new CW era.

Isle of Hope is another staple, and one I hope they'll do on the Postcards tour. The first version is perfect, the others still good, but I do think it could do with a new group arrangement.

Scarborough Fair would also need a distinctly different arrangement, perhaps as a group number, perhaps a different style. But I do think they should sing it again.

My Land would be an interesting choice, but only if O'Toole would come up with an arrangement that is, on one hand very different from the Destiny version, but still a suitable CW style. Otherwise it would still be lovely, but... well, not interesting enough, I think.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 04:35:06 PM »

Mines are quite a lot but amongst them would be She Moved Through the Fair, My Lagan Love, Fields of Gold, For the Love of a Princess and Don Oíche Úd i mBeithil. The latter would be pretty interesting for Tara when it comes to the harp and I agree with your opinion on My Lagan Love.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 10:28:06 AM »

Mm if I had any thoughts I'd like the Voice's of Angel's part II or somewhat continuation it already is what like we got with May it Be, Orinoco Flow, Newgrange and Bean Phaden, Ballroom of Romance!

Last Rose of Summer
I can envision it as the next solo or group form, but not sure how a new version would transcend to top the other. Its kind of like Black is the Color can't win over Believe to me.

Someday new version - Megan and Muirgen and Chloe

Caledonia - why not Chloe do a Lisa Kelly song, a new version. Susan got a new version of The Voice so this one should too aside the nice piano version Susan had on the 10th Anniversary Tour.

Scarborough Fair as group
However not sure Chloe can lighten her voice I don't want it strong like Wild Mountain Thyme.

Si do Maheimo I the duet was the best a pity it didn't get recorded especially Lynn and Mairead C was spot on for it!

At the Ceili new version in Irish!
See it like the underrated Nil Sen La VOA in English but having the Ceili opposite now having it more so in Irish. Even if it's thechorus.

Mo Ghile Mear- I agree, I'm actually getting tired of the Parting Glass. It's a very interesting one because it not only ended shows but also started shows! I prefer seeing Going Home as an ending number now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 10:55:07 AM by rfcw » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 06:52:26 PM »

There's a new intro verse to Danny Boy I'd like to hear them use.
Emmett O'Hanlon sang it on Celtic Thunder Legacy.
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Songs you'd like them to sing again - Theme by GlenS