Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:40 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Groups formed from past CW Members
| |-+  Amy Rivard
| | |-+  Vote for Amy: Opening Act for "We Can Survive" concert at the Hollywood Bowl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vote for Amy: Opening Act for "We Can Survive" concert at the Hollywood Bowl  (Read 5664 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2019, 05:46:27 PM »

Please take a moment to cast your free vote for Amy Rivard.

She needs our help to win the Opening Act competition!

The Opening Act is decided by real people through public voting (not a judging panel like you see on TV). Artists from all over the world have submitted their music for listeners to decide who should be the Opening Act at We Can Survive. In addition to performing at the sold out concert alongside industry superstars, our Opening Act will receive: their own private dressing room, a ton of exposure on the radio, a meet and greet with the other artists, and $10,000!

Where to Vote

https://theopenact.com/2019/amy-rivard

How Can You Vote

- You can vote for free once every 24 hours.
- It will ask you to log in to Facebook (to basically confirm you're a person).
- In addition to that, you can donate to MusiCares and that will cast 1 vote per dollar donated.
- They run promos once or twice per round that give you 2 votes per dollar donated, so you give the artist of your choice (ie. Amy) more bank for your buck.
- Voting in this round ends Thursday September 19th at 8PM PDT (11 PM EDT)

Wait, What Am I Voting For?

Basically, this is a competition where the winner gets:
- $10,000, and
- To be the Opening Act for the "We Can Survive" concert at the Hollywood Bowl in LA

The annual concert has brought some huge names in the past (Khalid, Shawn Mendes, and Katy Perry). This year the concert is headlined by Taylor Swift, the Jonas Brothers, Lizzo, Billie Eilish, and Becky G. So it's a really big deal!

If (when) Amy wins, she'll be able to use the money to record all the songs she's been working on in a studio. Living in NYC is not cheap, so she really needs our help to be able to afford this.

Here's more information about the competition:
https://theopenact.com/

How Does the Competition Work?

Basically, there are 2 group stages. UPDATE: Amy already one her group in round one, which she had to do to advance to the semi-final group stage. That's the round that's currently taking place.

The semi-final groups consist only of singers that already won their group in round 1, so the competition is really tough! She has to finish 1st again in her semi-final group to move into the finals.

The finals is a head-to-head voting tournament consisting of the 16 semi-final group winners (4 rounds).

If I Donate, What Am I Donating To?

The donations go to MusiCares, which is dedicated to providing services and resources for musicians in times of need.
https://www.grammy.com/musicares/about

What Do I Need to Do?

You can vote once per day for free!

You just need to log in with your Facebook account. It's fast and super-easy and she's totally worth the few seconds it will take.

Please take a moment to vote for Amy once every 24 hours and help spread the word.

If you could donate as well, that would be great! Every vote every day adds up over the course of a week and even if we have like 10 people donating $10 in a particular round, that's an extra 200 votes for Amy (if you donate while they're doing 2-for-1 deals)!

Here's where to vote:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:04:41 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 09:47:26 PM »

We got Amy to the final part of the first group stage!

She was in 3rd in the group last I checked.

But we only have until Sept 12 at 8 PM PDT to get her into first place. Only first in the group advances to the semifinals.

You can vote free once every 24 hours or buy extra votes to support MusiCares, which benefits struggling musicians. Every vote counts!

https://t.co/bkQIHm9XRP
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 04:06:37 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 02:56:25 PM »

Amy is in 2nd now, but she  needs to finish 1st to advance to the semifinals!

Free vote once every 24 hours, but if you donate to MusicCares now, you get 2 votes for every dollar (normally it's just one vote per dollar).
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 09:10:05 PM »

I have helpped i gave her 21 votes today and she is now in 1st place
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 06:22:13 PM »

Amy's back in second for now. I think a few of her votes came from automated voting programs instead of people, so they nullified those votes.

I added another 40 votes via MusiCares donation. She's still in second, but hopefully it gets her closer.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 07:25:11 PM »

Amy remains in second with just over 3 days to go.

I don't know what the magnitude of the difference is between her and first, but I think she's going to need every vote we can muster.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 03:56:22 PM »

OK, Tom, I threw one of my free votes to her.  2nd place is pretty exciting!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 11:39:41 AM »

She's back in first for now, but we still need all the votes we can muster to keep her there.

If she drops back into second, I suppose I'll fire a third-barrel of donation votes to try to get her back into first, but would prefer not to have to do that a third time in this round. Lol.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 05:29:10 PM »

I donated her another 100 votes via MusiCares (it was another 2-for-1 day).

She's in first for now.

But it's hard to tell how relevant the positioning is. Last time she was in first, there were allegedly automated (bot) votes that they ended up voiding.

Voting for this round ends Thursday at 8:00 PM PDT. If she finishes in 1st, the moves on to the semifinal group stage where the vote counts start over.

The winner of each semifinal group moves into a 16-entrant head-to-head finals tournament, so up to 4 more rounds of voting (5 including the semifinal groups). Lol.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 05:33:58 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 11:00:35 AM »

She's currently holding on to 1st place!

Voting for this round ends tonight at 8 PM PDT.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 05:12:56 PM »

Amy advanced to the semifinal group!

Voting for the semifinals has started and this round ends at September 19th at 8PM PDT.

Same rules as last time. You can vote for free once every 24 hours and/or you can donate to MusiCares at any time.

Personally, I'm waiting for their 2-votes-for-1-dollar time windows to make my donations. That gives the most bang for your buck.

The semi-final group consists only of people who one their previous group stage, so the competition is going to be tough!

Amy's currently in 3rd. Let's get her to the top again!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 11:56:21 AM »

For the next ~ 34 hours you receive votes (instead of one) for every dollar spent benefiting the MusiCares Foundation:

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 03:07:59 PM »

For the next ~ 34 hours you receive votes (instead of one) for every dollar spent benefiting the MusiCares Foundation:

Wow, after the 2-for-1 deal opened up today, Amy dipped from 2nd to 4th within a few hours. I gave her a pretty significant 200 vote boost, but that only got her back into second, so she was at least 201 votes behind 1st place prior to that.

We still have time, but need every free and donated vote we can muster to help her keep pace!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 11:13:01 PM »

Any suggestions for how we can help Amy promote herself?

So far, I've posted on forums, social media, and fan groups, asked Celtic Woman to help spread the word, and asked a bunch of friends to vote for her and spread the word.

She's reached out to her university's Alumni Association and we're hoping she can get an article run in a couple of newspapers (in NY and in her hometown), although it will have to run really quickly to make a difference in time. Today or yesterday would have been ideal. I also reached out to my LA singer friends to spread the word (since people in LA might be more interested in who performs, since the show is in LA).

We found at least one person in one of the other groups is having articles run in the newspaper, so they're putting up pretty big numbers and leading their group.

Hopefully we can get out of this round, but these other competitors are really bringing it, so if you have any other suggestions how we can help Amy get her name out there, please let me know as soon as possible!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:15:31 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 08:47:40 PM »

I donated a significant amount to try to get her to the top of her group, but it looks like 1st and 2nd place are putting up HUGE numbers (probably thousands of votes ahead).

Amy and I both agree at this point we can't close the gap in time with daily free votes. Amy's exhausted from juggling work, performances, and the competition though. So CWazyTom is trying to scramble together some other big donors. If you see her jump into first, you'll know I succeeded. Lol.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Vote for Amy: Opening Act for "We Can Survive" concert at the Hollywood Bowl - Theme by GlenS