Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:44:41 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary DVD Recording
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary DVD Recording  (Read 7914 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2023, 11:40:39 AM »

At the place where it all began, the Helix, Celtic Woman will celebrate their 20th Anniversary ... a few weeks shy of the 19th Anniversary of when their first PBS special was recorded on September 15th, 2004.

https://celticwoman.wufoo.com/forms/celtic-woman-a-20th-anniversary-show/

I suppose they'll end up touring the show on the year of the 20th anniversary of the first DVD recording, 2024. I don't think we know when the Celtic Woman concept actually started though. Maybe it was conceived in 2003 and took a year to get all the music ready, performers contracted, PBS filming organized, etc. I'm sure at least part of the album was recorded before the DVD. I seem to recall Mairead Nesbitt saying before that the actual anniversary of Celtic Woman was June 9, 2004 (Chloë's birthday), although I've never been able to independently verify that. As a perfectionist though, it bugs me that they're not doing this show on September 15, 2024 instead.

P.S. I'm creating this thread separate from the calendar entry so we can keep a thread history after the calendar entry gets cleaned up. ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 11:42:31 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 12:07:35 PM »

Just got this email from Celtic Woman today!!! Wish I could go but Zi have a wedding that weekend for my best friend lol
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 12:24:50 PM »

Just noticed this extra part in the email:

"Join us for an amazing night of song and dance, plus some very special guests."
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 06:47:23 PM »

Gregg and I are registered for tickets. Super excited for the dvd filming and to see who the special guests are! This lines up so perfectly to Éabha's Celtic World Forum. Two epic events in one trip!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 07:40:58 PM »

Wow! Of all the speculation & discussion, this is the best!

We just couldn't figure out the timing. But it makes sense now. Something they can promote on PBS later before they go out on the US tour.

That's great news!!!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 07:49:34 PM by LakersCeltics » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 09:47:11 PM »

At the place where it all began, the Helix, Celtic Woman will celebrate their 20th Anniversary ... a few weeks shy of the 19th Anniversary of when their first PBS special was recorded on September 15th, 2004.

https://celticwoman.wufoo.com/forms/celtic-woman-a-20th-anniversary-show/

I suppose they'll end up touring the show on the year of the 20th anniversary of the first DVD recording, 2024. I don't think we know when the Celtic Woman concept actually started though. Maybe it was conceived in 2003 and took a year to get all the music ready, performers contracted, PBS filming organized, etc. I'm sure at least part of the album was recorded before the DVD. I seem to recall Mairead Nesbitt saying before that the actual anniversary of Celtic Woman was June 9, 2004 (Chloë's birthday), although I've never been able to independently verify that. As a perfectionist though, it bugs me that they're not doing this show on September 15, 2024 instead.

P.S. I'm creating this thread separate from the calendar entry so we can keep a thread history after the calendar entry gets cleaned up. ;)
Yeah. From what I've heard is "A Winter's night in Dublin in 2004" is when they conceived the idea for the project.
The fact the 10th/15th anniversary tours were from the anniversaries of the RELEASE of the original show/album and beginning of the original tour and this one isn't is VERY strange.
I wonder if they'll do this one two years because the 15th anniversary tour was shortened so abruptly??
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 11:59:42 PM »

Oh no!!! My daughter starts school the day before. Ugh. School.  >:(

Well best of luck to those of you who registered. I'm assuming it's a lottery system??? You'll have to be our eyes and ears, especially who the special guests are.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 09:42:57 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Penny

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 11:36:56 AM »

Oh no!!! My daughter starts school the day before. Ugh. School.  >:(

Well best of luck to those of you who registered. I'm assuming it's a lottery system??? You'll have to be our eyes and ears, especially who the special guests are.

I have a similar problem here. I’m due to start college in Ireland this fall, but my scheduled arrival date is over 2 weeks after the recording day. 😭

Anyways, good luck to those who registered! I hope you’ll be successful in getting a ticket.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 11:46:00 AM by Penny » Logged
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 08:15:12 PM »

I have a similar problem here. I’m due to start college in Ireland this fall, but my scheduled arrival date is over 2 weeks after the recording day. 😭

Anyways, good luck to those who registered! I hope you’ll be successful in getting a ticket.

Oh that sounds fun too. Congrats! I'm 100% sure you'll have plenty of chances to see some of the small concerts in pubs & churches from the ex CW ladies while you're there.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2023, 09:30:56 PM »

Oh that sounds fun too. Congrats! I'm 100% sure you'll have plenty of chances to see some of the small concerts in pubs & churches from the ex CW ladies while you're there.

Yeah, a benefit of living over there will be access to a ton of solo shows that aren't practical for most of us to get to on a regular basis. You'll have to be our foreign correspondent.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2023, 04:36:39 PM »

Just noticed this extra part in the email:

"Join us for an amazing night of song and dance, plus some very special guests."

Definitely makes me think there will be special guests in the special. I wonder who's coming back for the 20th anniversary!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2023, 04:46:54 PM »

Stay tuned. The special guest announcement is supposed to be happening as soon as this week.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2023, 05:13:54 PM »

Stay tuned. The special guest announcement is supposed to be happening as soon as this week.

😱😱😱
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2023, 10:25:15 PM »

Where did you hear that?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary DVD Recording - Theme by GlenS