Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:56:32 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Is Sinne Mna na hEireann.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Sinne Mna na hEireann.  (Read 1654 times)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2024, 08:31:28 AM »

Oh I finally Google translated the title of this song:
We are the women of Ireland.

I like that. It makes a stronger statement than ''Mná Na HÉireann' (Women of Ireland).

Ooh I love that!

This is an excellent opening song. I also love how it blends into a part of Tread Lightly and then the start of act 2 is the full song of Tread Lightly. So cool!

I'm hoping they bring back the curtain drop from the Celebration tour. They could be performing Is Sinne Mna Na hEireann behind a shimmery curtain where we can see their shadows, then drop the curtain right when the song turns into Tread Lightly. That would be an epic way to start the show!

Beautiful Idea  I absolutely love it! <3
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2024, 07:51:05 PM »

I like that. It makes a stronger statement than ''Mná Na HÉireann' (Women of Ireland).

Ooh I love that!

This is an excellent opening song. I also love how it blends into a part of Tread Lightly and then the start of act 2 is the full song of Tread Lightly. So cool!

I'm hoping they bring back the curtain drop from the Celebration tour. They could be performing Is Sinne Mna Na hEireann behind a shimmery curtain where we can see their shadows, then drop the curtain right when the song turns into Tread Lightly. That would be an epic way to start the show!
Or else something like the Voices of angels Mo Ghile Mear could be next.
The Christmas tour they went RIGHT from Carol of the bells to angels we have heard on high without any talking or anything.
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2024, 11:41:12 AM »

Listening to it as I type.
Knowing that it opens the special does anyone else get show opener vibes for once the tour starts??

To me it sounds like at the end of Is Sinne Mná na hÉireann, they sing a piece of "Tread Lightly". Is this true? I did play them back to back and to me it sounds like a good opener. It'll allow Emma to open the show dancing a bit longer.

I think the lyrics are the same for tread lightly and the end of the opening song which i really like! It’s almost like tread lightly is a reprise of the opening song and seeing as the melodies are similar too too me it’s as though they’re the “theme songs” for this new show!

So Mairead vocals at the beginning is the opening of Tread Lightly. So this song is Tread Lightly with Is Sinne Mna na hEireann in the middle.   :D
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2024, 01:53:22 PM »

Ooh I love that!

Or else something like the Voices of angels Mo Ghile Mear could be next.
The Christmas tour they went RIGHT from Carol of the bells to angels we have heard on high without any talking or anything.

Perhaps Dawning of The Day, then Mo Ghile Mear.. I still think they want to incorporate Dawning of the Day.. even though I prefer it was a genius fit perfectly right after Lay Your Head because Dawn appears after you sleep.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Is Sinne Mna na hEireann. - Theme by GlenS