Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:26 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Forum Questions & Comments
| | |-+  Board icons: when should they show in color?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board icons: when should they show in color?  (Read 4092 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2018, 06:22:07 PM »

I'm wondering if we should flip the color scheme for the individual board icons.

Right now, it's using the standard, which is basically there's a colored icon if there's new posts in the board and greyscale if there (for example, if there's a new post in Megan's board, it displays the colored icon for her board, otherwise, it displays the icon for Megan's board in grey).

That's the standard configuration, but I also find it's a bit bland. Most of the time, I don't have unread posts for very long, so all the boards are a dull grey for me.

Wondering if we should switch that around to have a board's icon grey when there are unread posts and colored when there aren't new posts waiting.

I don't think there's any technical limitation that would prevent us from flipping the icons around to behave like that (haven't tried). Would take a bit of time, I suppose.

I guess it also depends how many new posts there are for you. If there's lots of unread posts for you most of the time, then most of the board icons will be in color for you most of the time, which looks prettier.

What's everyone's preference?

Should board icons be in color when there are new posts or while there are no new posts?
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 10:23:42 PM »

I like your idea of flipping them so that we get the lovely color pictures most of the time.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 11:36:40 PM »

I will work on switching them but it's not a easy job and I don't think I have all the photo yet so I will have to remake some of the photos I did 19 boards tonight and there is a total of 83 boards in this forum
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 01:45:19 PM »

ok 6 hours later all the photos have been switched so they are now color most of the time hows it look

And no im not going to switch them back hahahaha

Also please let me know if any don't switch back and forth

You may need to refresh your page a few times to reload all the page
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:55:56 PM by GlenS » Logged
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 11:21:58 AM »

When I click "Mark as Read" to mark the whole forum as read, I still see the pictures for "General Discussion", "Members Helping Members", "Forum Guidelines", and "Best of Christmas Tour 2018" as gray.

I also see the "Amy Rivard" and "Edel Murphy" pictures as gray but it sounds like you know about those already since you want better photos for them.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 11:52:55 AM »

not sure what would be causing that for you as I don't have any problems I did at first it could be your cache in your web browser as the photos are the same just diff names like the gray ones are now on and the colored ones are off and before they were just the other way around so your browser maybe loading from the cache by name mine did the same thing for awhile but now seems fine. I have cleared the forums cache so that's now cleaned out so maybe try refreshing the page a few times
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 01:24:51 PM »

Oh, that worked.  Thanks, Glen!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 08:59:04 PM »

Oooh nice, I cleared out my cache and now I see all the color. It looks amazing! Thanks for all the work you put into that Glen!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »

Thanks Tracie was a lot of work but I had thought of doing this some time ago but knew how much work it was going to take but it looks really nice this way we need more members
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 07:19:22 PM »

Thanks for all the work you put into this. The icons look fantastic in color!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 07:46:30 PM »

thanks Tom
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Board icons: when should they show in color? - Theme by GlenS