Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:20:09 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Susan McFadden
| | |-+  Favorite Susan solo with Celtic Woman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Susan solo with Celtic Woman  (Read 5766 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2018, 12:30:22 AM »

I'm going with She Moved Thru The Fair - beautifully sung and I love the dancing!
chandlermattson
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 08:53:11 AM »

I also picked "She Moved through the Fair." :)
avalonfreak06

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 07:06:56 PM »

Although it wasnt on a DVD, I would have to say that "From a Distance" is my favorite solo piece she has done while with Celtic Woman.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 07:44:11 PM »

Although it wasnt on a DVD, I would have to say that "From a Distance" is my favorite solo piece she has done while with Celtic Woman.

Yep. That was my favorite as well.
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 09:07:20 PM »

Had to go with Sometimes A Prayer Will Do. That song came out right after my wonderful Grandma died. She was a beautiful soul who was also a very compassionate Christian woman. She would have loved it. That song and The Soft Goodbye got me through that difficult few months.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »

Tie She Moved Thru the Fair is a favorite version this 1 Being Susan signature! Epic Beyond Beautiful Dancing to me a First for a Celtic Woman solo performance.

Sometimes a Prayer Will Do is gets a win chance from me too. It is upbringing in every verse.
It has helped bring Hope and Times of Faith! As much a  Grace number as Amazing Grace. I Love it is soothing and gentle in the beginning like a song they would feature in the Cars pixar movie! Susan bringing hope and Grace out of prayer!

Whole of the Moon is Greatly Made for Susan it's fun upbeat and captivates Her Fun, positively Loving personality as Mairead N introduces as Susan's first own signature solo I'd Say!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 09:45:56 PM by rfcw » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 11:05:10 PM »

Hmm, this poll doesn't have a "Remove vote" button.  If I could, I would change my vote from "She Moved Through the Fair" (which I accidentally clicked) to "The Whole of the Moon".

It does now. ;)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 11:55:28 AM »

Does anyone think From A Distance as would've been one of the solos had Susan participated in Ancient Land.? I'm glad it's still Susan's they could of given it to Megan or turn it into a duet like My Heart Was Home Again.

kirstie_x

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 01:09:52 PM »

Oh my goodness. I didn't know they'd done this! From a Distance is one of my very favourite songs. My Granda & I always sang it in the car from I was tiny. Think this is my new favourite of Susan! :-*

There's a special place in my heart reserved for Celtic Woman 💚
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 05:27:14 PM »

I added From A Distance to the poll since it's so loved. She was fabulous singing that on the Homecoming tour!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 08:58:52 PM »

I added From A Distance to the poll since it's so loved. She was fabulous singing that on the Homecoming tour!

I actually requested that Celtic Woman perform the song at one point. I think they picked it up because of someone else's suggestion, but it was still incredibly special for me.

I told Susan this at my last Meet and Greet with her before she departed Celtic Woman to have her baby: before Celtic Woman, From a Distance was once my favourite song. To hear it performed so beautifully by one of my favourite singers in the world ... one of the people that changed my life ... was incredibly special. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart for singing it and I'm so glad I told her how much she and that song meant to me while I had the chance.
chandlermattson
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 04:36:25 PM »

I also picked "She Moved through the Fair." :)

Actually, my favorite Susan solo is "The Call," which she sang on the Emerald Tour. :)
CelticSweater
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 06:14:11 PM »

I picked From a Distance. I love all her solos, but that one blew me away! I hope she records it!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Favorite Susan solo with Celtic Woman - Theme by GlenS