Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:08:14 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  Your hopes and ideas for the upcoming tour!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your hopes and ideas for the upcoming tour!  (Read 2544 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: January 30, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »

Since the tours often differ slightly from the album and dvd... what are your personal ideas and hopes for it?

Mine are the following:

A slightly warmer/brighter atmosphere than the previous tours - every CW tour has it's own sort of theme, which is awesome, but lately they have been fairly serious and dark. Since Ancient Land is a much brighter show, I hope the tour, too, will be like that, or even lighter and warmer and generally more cheerful than the dvd version.
Some rare old songs - since also every tour has some new versions of Celtic Woman classics, I really hope they will perform a few that we haven't heard in a while. Some of my suggestions: Galway Bay, My Land, Caledonia, The Water is Wide. On another not, I'd also like Éabha to sing The Wild Mountainside instead of Siulil a Run. I also wouldn't mind if the tour included Mo Ghile Mear, but in that case it should be an entirely new arrangement. I understand they can't use the old one, and that wouldn't really work anyway, but the new version is too serious. Of course, the focus is on the new songs, but I still think this is important.
A slightly larger choir - but I think I've said that of all the more recent tours.
Some sort of surprise - a whole new song, a different array of dresses for another number, a new twist a beloved song. Something unexpected, but nice.
A rich ending - You Raise Me Up, some other song, The Parting Glass, Be Still, and finally Going Home. In that order. (Also, end the first act with Long Journey Home.)
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 03:47:44 PM »

Last few years , they`ve ended with "Parting Glass" which seems appropriate but in the "old days" , Chloe, Lynn, Alex, they ended with a really rousing "Spanish Lady". Whatever, I can say that in 8 shows, I`ve NEVER been disappointed in any way. I leave every show being fullfilled and very pleased. Can`t wait for Apr. 2 nd, front row(a.k.a. "the pit" ) and HOPEFULLY seeing them at the stage door for chatting and pics after the show.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 03:58:23 PM »

I would love them to do Spanish Lady again! But as the melody of Ballroom of Romance seems to be based on it, I am afraid the chances are small. On the other hand - they do Danny Boy and You Raise Me Up, too.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 07:48:22 PM »

I was actually thinking along to this is there other Classic Original CW songs they didn't do they could retheme others like a Part 2 to VOA. Like Caledonia etc

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Your hopes and ideas for the upcoming tour! - Theme by GlenS