Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:26:35 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Mairead Carlin
| | |-+  Whirlwind
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whirlwind  (Read 3153 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »

Mairead Carlin posted a touching note on Facebook today.

Facebook Post from Mairead Carlin Official, August 21, 2018:
https://www.facebook.com/maireadcarlinofficial/posts/2458820854331858

Friendships never fade. This is big throwback. Sometimes you meet people and you become true friends instantly.

I met Jamie Reid and Nick Lloyd Webber when I was 21 and was in the process of being dropped by my record label. At 21, I had lived a lot. They were writing a version of The Little Prince and asked if I’d like to sing the part of The Rose- a part I had played when I was 15 for Francesca Zambello + Rachel Portman (Sony Classical) and they were writing a new version for music theatre.

At this point in my life I felt pretty broken. They gave me the chance to make music again in their security- singing to me has never been a job. It’s about making art with friends.

We recorded this in Nicks recording studio on top of the Palace Theatre in London- a theatre seeped in history. This song means so much to me, but you both mean more x

Here's the song.

Whirlwind
Music by James D. Reid & Nick Lloyd Webber; Lyrics by James D. Reid
https://soundcloud.com/agnesandethel/17-whirlwind?in=agnesandethel%2Fsets%2Fclonakilty

Mairead has made a difference in my life.  It's nice to take a step back sometimes and appreciate some of the people that have made a difference in hers. <3
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:57:22 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 06:09:54 PM »

💖💖💖💖💖💖
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 02:48:44 PM »

I found a bunch of other tracks floating around like this on Sound Cloud under account "Agnes & Ethel Productions" that appear to feature Mairead Carlin.

Here's one of them:

19. Trafalgar Square
https://soundcloud.com/agnesandethel/19-trafalgar-square

From Mairead Carlin's original post about this last year and from various of these tracks floating around on SoundCloud, it seems like these are songs written by Jamie Reid (lyrics) and Nick Lloyd Webber (composer).

They appear to be from a musical called "Diamond" but so far, I haven't been able to find a reference for this actual musical beyond SoundCloud.

Maybe this was just a demo.

I'm unsure if these are actually available to purchase anywhere.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Whirlwind - Theme by GlenS