Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:36:37 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  DVD/CD release day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DVD/CD release day  (Read 27011 times)
avalonfreak06

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Land-Celtic-Woman/dp/B07GW3XF7Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537390130&sr=8-1&keywords=celtic+woman+ancient+land

According to Amazon, Ancient Land is coming out on October 26. I doubt that will be the case because of editing and such, but you never know! :)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 04:32:19 PM »

That is the date for the CD to come out not the DVD that will be in Dec. / Jan sometime
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 02:06:53 PM »

here is the official notice from Celtic Woman

Celtic Woman - Ancient Land

We are very excited to let you know that we will be releasing our brand new album 'Ancient Land' on CD 26 October 2018.
 This will be our first full new album of original music since our Grammy-nominated 'Destiny' release in 2016.
 Track List
 1. Ancient Land, 2. Homeland, 3. Moorlough Shore, 4. Follow Me, 5. County Down, 6. Love & Honour, 7. Mná Na hÉireann (Women Of Ireland), 8. Sive, 9. Shenandoah, 10. Long Journey Home, 11. Tara’s Tunes, 12. Ae Fond Kiss, 13. Faith’s Song, 14. Garden of Eden, 15. Be Still, 16. Going Home, 17. The Enchanted Way, 18. Ballroom Of Romance.

*Pre-Order details coming soon.
Danny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 03:06:54 AM »

looks like the digital download edition is going to be released an Sep 28. It's 16 tracks (missing The Enchanted Way and Ballroom Of Romance, which seem to be CD-only)

https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Land-Celtic-Woman/dp/B07H7VZJ3Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1537603502&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=Celtic+woman+ancient+land
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:16:06 AM by Danny » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 09:02:18 AM »

looks like the digital download edition is going to be released an Sep 28. It's 16 tracks (missing The Enchanted Way and Ballroom Of Romance, which seem to be CD-only)

https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Land-Celtic-Woman/dp/B07H7VZJ3Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1537603502&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=Celtic+woman+ancient+land

Wow! That seems odd they'd release the digital download edition almost a month before the physical CD. They'd want to consolidate sales for the opening on the charts, would they not?

I wonder if that means they'll release it on Spotify this month too.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 10:14:19 AM »

Wooooo yeah, that's my birthday! Happy Birthday to me!!!

At my company, your birthday is a holiday so I don't have to work. I can just listen to this on repeat all day!!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 12:15:14 PM »

iTunes also has it available September 28th and I just pre-ordered! I think I'll be waking up pretty early on my birthday to listen! Same as Amazon with the first 16 tracks. I wonder if The Enchanted Way and Ballroom of Romance are Target exclusives then or if they'll be on all versions of the CD? Either way, I'll also be buying the physical CD to get those two songs. So excited that it's now only six days until getting to listen to the new music again instead of five weeks!
Danny

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 03:09:23 PM »

I guess the two extra tracks will be available on all CD editions, just like they did with VOA
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 08:40:43 PM »

Out of curiosity, earlier this week I was looking up information about how to qualify for a Grammy nomination. I found that for the 2019 Grammys, the album would have to be released between Oct 1, 2017 and Sept 30, 2018. So then I was thinking Ancient Land could be submitted for the 2020 Grammys. Now that we've found the digital release date, I looked again. Digital releases do qualify for submission. So Ancient Land could potentially be in Grammy consideration for the upcoming awards! From attending the DVD filming, it is most definitely a Grammy-caliber album!!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »

On a related note, I think digital album sales count in the Billboard music charts (including the World Albums chart). I'm not entirely sure about that.

Either way though, the decision to do a split release is kind of a big deal.

The sales are going to be a divided between people getting the album as soon as it releases on digital platforms and a later surge of sales coming when the CD releases October 26. The two releases are essentially going to cannibalize each other (assuming most people won't get both the digital and physical CDs), resulting in a lower peak debut but a slightly more prolonged peak.

That said, even if they consolidated the sales with a simultaneous release of the CD and on digital platforms, I think a #1 debut is probably unrealistic at this point (and I think Celtic Woman probably knows it). BTS just has too many fans. It has the popularity of a mainstream pop album but is tracked on the World Albums chart. It's owning the World Music charts like Celtic Woman used to. Ancient Land's chances of cracking the top spot are significantly lower by having separate release surges though. That's really a shame because Ancient Land is going to be an AMAZING album!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 08:02:50 AM »

It will be interesting to see how the digital sales do since the only date Celtic Woman has announced is the physical CD release. I wonder how many people have found that the digital release is this week?
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 11:52:01 PM »

I just preordered my download. I’m going to stream it like crazy this weekend!!
Danny

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 02:31:00 PM »

I pre-ordered my iTunes download. Today I found out that is was deleted from various German download sources like iTunes or amazon...  :(
CelticSweater
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 10:18:12 PM »

Oh no... I hope they don't delete it from the US iTunes... They haven't yet... but now I'm worried.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 08:13:27 AM »

Oh no... I hope they don't delete it from the US iTunes... They haven't yet... but now I'm worried.

I think it will release in North America overnight tonight as scheduled. There are just different release requirements and restrictions elsewhere.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, DVD/CD release day - Theme by GlenS