Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:01:21 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour  (Read 8597 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2024, 07:29:40 AM »

We don't ask for autographs very often anymore. Our personal preference is to have photos and to use that time to just talk to them. But someone else in the meet and greet asked them to sign something and they did do that.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2024, 09:27:36 AM »

I agree with you.  The problem I've ran into is that they set the M&G so close to show time, they only allow maybe a minute per photo.  You can say HI, but that's about it.  Someone from the tour is always pushing you thru.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2024, 09:31:58 AM »

I went to the Christmas show in Atlanta.  The PBS station had multiple levels of donations.  They had a pre-show gathering (about 2 hours if I remember correctly).  Buffet.  Open bar!!  Then, they came and got those of us who had the M&G.  About 20 or so.  There were about 75 total at the pre-show event.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2024, 12:14:22 PM »

Most of the people there for the Fort Lauderdale meet and greet only got a minute or so, but Gregg and I specifically got a good deal more time than that. And that's because their tour manager knows us and knows that we have special connections with the ladies. He's very kind to us in the meet and greets and very generous in how much time he allows us to have. And of course the ladies love seeing us and talking to us. It's something we've built from scratch over the past 8 years.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2024, 03:31:20 PM »

You mean the old grumpy guy he doesn't like me because I always take to long.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2024, 04:28:22 PM »

I made sure to introduce myself to him after the Christmas show.  ;)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2024, 11:07:56 PM »

The first few Meet and Greets I did, I tried memorizing things to say to each of the ladies. It was only a couple of sentences each, but it did take a bit of time to deliver them. I got the "hurry-it-along" treatment all but once (Éabha's last show).

The last time I pursued that strategy though was the Magic of Christmas tour. These days, in the rare event I have something emotionally meaningful to relay to the girls that benefits from careful wording, I just message them. It's a lot easier and less stressful than rolling the dice on the available time at a Meet and Greet.
Michael44

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2024, 07:35:40 AM »

I'm not too adept at purchasing concert tickets but I went the pbs route for Memphis. The email (and letter) said its 2 tickets and meet and greet. The way its worded leads me to believe that only 1 of us can do the M&G. Can anyone help clarify what exactly I purchased? Delete if I'm not allowed to post the attachment. Thank you in advance.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2024, 09:09:14 AM »

I'd suggest calling that PBS station and asking them to clarify because it's not very clear with the way they have it worded.
Michael44

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2024, 12:41:32 PM »

Contacted them and it is in fact for both tickets!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour - Theme by GlenS