Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:49:12 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  Ancient Land Tour Merchandise
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ancient Land Tour Merchandise  (Read 3612 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »

Merchandise

Prices in USD. Note: Actual prices at the venue may very from those shown here.

$35 Ancient Land long sleeve shirt
$30 Ancient Land T-Shirts
$25 Ancient Land DVD
$20 Souvenir Program
$20 Ancient Land CD
$15 Coffee Mug (Ancient Land and some of the previous mugs)
$10 Shot glass
$10 Celtic Woman name logo pin
$5  Koozie
$5  Magnet

Ancient Land Program

The Celtic Woman programs are always gorgeous. This one is no exception visually and it also has my favorite content of any program since I started going to Celtic Woman concerts.

The program contains some lovely still photos from the Ancient Land DVD.

The program introduces the premise of the show. It also delves into the site selection for the Ancient Land DVD recording and the lead-up to the concerts at Johnstown Castle.

Susan McFadden, Anto, and Joanie got a shout out. Each of the current members has a 2-page spread. One page in the spread provides background on the performer and some personal stories about some of the songs in the show. The second page in the spread features a stunning photo of the performer overtly modelling the star-shaped earings and necklaces available for purchase on the Celtic Collections site.

The background and touching stories the girls used to introduce some of the songs during the show have been captured in the program. I thought that was a nice touch and will remind people of those special moments during the concert.

The program also has a page devoted to some of the songs in the show. There's a brief, but eloquent description of each song and its background. I was really impressed with the way they described some of the songs and it actually made me appreciate the songs even more.

The program even includes an two page spread for frequently asked questions and answers.

There's quite a bit of content that came from the heart and was quite well written. Show Producer Shane McDonnell pays tribute to one of the Celtic Woman founders, Dave Kavanagh, who passed away during the Homecoming tour last year. That tribute was touching and had quite a bit of emotional kick to it.

Ancient Land Mug

The "shh...not 'til I'm done listening to Celtic Woman" mug has been my favourite for quite a while, but this new Ancient Land mub is definitely my favorite now. It features the beautiful Ancient Land album cover and it compliements the gorgeous mug I got while I was at Johnstown Castle.

If there's one criticism I have, it's that the color used in the text on the mug is a bit paler than the colors used on the album cover. It doesn't stand out quite as well against the backgrounds and looking at it from certain angles, it's actually difficult for my eyes to bring the text into proper focus.

Magnet

It measures about 3.5 x 2.75 inches and features a Celtic Knot symbol, the Ancient Land color scheme, and touch of green. I think it looks great.

Ancient Land T-Shirt

The mens T-shirt features the girls in their act 1 Ancient Land dresses. I wish it was a higher quality image. It's probably about the same resolution as the image on the Voices of Angels T-shirt. The Voices of Angels had the benefit of some softer, darker colors, allowing it to blend into the black base color, masking the gaps in the image. The Ancient Land shirt has a much higher contrast, so the black spots in the image really stand out. But at the end of the day, it lets me show my support for these wonderful ladies, so it does the job.

Overall, I was pleased with the selection of merchandise. The program was definitely the highlight for me, but I loved the mug and the other items were good too.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 01:38:36 PM »

Thanks, Tom!  Now I'm excited to get the program and some of the other stuff you mentioned.

Some cwazy guy posted a picture of all this on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvf9sUlAJtI/

--David
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 07:59:40 PM »

Thanks, Tom!  Now I'm excited to get the program and some of the other stuff you mentioned.

Some cwazy guy posted a picture of all this on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvf9sUlAJtI/

--David

Oh man, who's that guy? I sure hope they still had enough merch left in stock for Syracuse.  ;D
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 08:09:39 PM »

🤣🤣

I better leave some space in my suitcase for merch purchases! Looks like good stuff!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Ancient Land Tour Merchandise - Theme by GlenS