Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:36:33 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Destiny
| | |-+  My Destiny Tour Experience - June 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Destiny Tour Experience - June 2016  (Read 4692 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2018, 09:24:36 AM »

Good morning! With the Homecoming tour launching, I thought it would be fun to share my experiences at the previous tours I've attended. The stories of my concert experiences also tell my story of how Celtic Woman touched my heart and helped me through some rough times. Destiny was the first time I saw Celtic Woman live, so I'm starting here.

A little bit of background for context - my husband and I have been fans of Celtic Woman since I think 2007. I would say we were somewhere in between being casual fans and being huge fans. We owned all the albums and dvds, which we listened to and watched frequently. We loved the music, but at the same time we had never gone to one of the concerts, we weren't following any social media pages and we weren't paying attention to the lineup changes. We would just get the new music and kinda go, oh that's a new person and that other person must have left. Ok, they're still putting out great music, so whatever.

At the beginning of 2016, we heard that the Destiny album was going to be released and we also heard that the tour would be coming to a venue only 15 miles from us. We decided we should buy the album first and then decide if we wanted to get concert tickets. The first time I listened to Destiny, honestly the first thought that popped into my head was that it blew everything I had ever heard before out of the water. I loved it so much and immediately told my hubby we needed those concert tickets.

Our concert was in June. We had already heard from some relatives in another state that they had seen and loved the show. While we had been listening to Destiny in the months leading up to the show, we still weren't paying any attention to social media or anything. The day of the concert, we had no idea who was even in the group except for Mairead Nesbitt. We wouldn't have been able to match names to faces or voices for the other ladies, so at dinner before the show, we were doing online searches to find out who they each were. That's so funny to think back on now, especially since we had the cd booklet, but that's what happened!

We both thought the show was absolutely incredible! We were in awe of how insanely gorgeous the girls and their voices were live. We loved that pretty much the entire Destiny album was performed, only missing Tir Na Nog, which I would still love to see live someday. We also were thrilled to hear Celtic Woman classics that we had been listening to for years, such as Orinoco Flow and Danny Boy. We were just blown away by the entire concert.  As we drove home, we were talking about each of them by name and what we loved about each of them. We were also kicking ourselves for never having seen them live before. What were we thinking!?

It was after the Destiny concert that we started following them on social media. One of the first things I saw was a post by Mairead Carlin saying that the audience of the show I was at was unreal. I thought that was awesome. I also, no joke, had Destiny on replay in my car for about two straight weeks because I didn't want to turn it off.

So that's my Destiny concert experience. Thanks for reading! Seeing Destiny live was the point at which hubby and I changed from being fans of Celtic Woman to being mega fans. We would see them live again six months later, and that'll be my next write-up on the Home For Christmas board!

Tracie
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:48:30 PM »

Good morning! With the Homecoming tour launching, I thought it would be fun to share my experiences at the previous tours I've attended. The stories of my concert experiences also tell my story of how Celtic Woman touched my heart and helped me through some rough times. Destiny was the first time I saw Celtic Woman live, so I'm starting here.

A little bit of background for context - my husband and I have been fans of Celtic Woman since I think 2007. I would say we were somewhere in between being casual fans and being huge fans. We owned all the albums and dvds, which we listened to and watched frequently. We loved the music, but at the same time we had never gone to one of the concerts, we weren't following any social media pages and we weren't paying attention to the lineup changes. We would just get the new music and kinda go, oh that's a new person and that other person must have left. Ok, they're still putting out great music, so whatever.

At the beginning of 2016, we heard that the Destiny album was going to be released and we also heard that the tour would be coming to a venue only 15 miles from us. We decided we should buy the album first and then decide if we wanted to get concert tickets. The first time I listened to Destiny, honestly the first thought that popped into my head was that it blew everything I had ever heard before out of the water. I loved it so much and immediately told my hubby we needed those concert tickets.

Our concert was in June. We had already heard from some relatives in another state that they had seen and loved the show. While we had been listening to Destiny in the months leading up to the show, we still weren't paying any attention to social media or anything. The day of the concert, we had no idea who was even in the group except for Mairead Nesbitt. We wouldn't have been able to match names to faces or voices for the other ladies, so at dinner before the show, we were doing online searches to find out who they each were. That's so funny to think back on now, especially since we had the cd booklet, but that's what happened!

We both thought the show was absolutely incredible! We were in awe of how insanely gorgeous the girls and their voices were live. We loved that pretty much the entire Destiny album was performed, only missing Tir Na Nog, which I would still love to see live someday. We also were thrilled to hear Celtic Woman classics that we had been listening to for years, such as Orinoco Flow and Danny Boy. We were just blown away by the entire concert.  As we drove home, we were talking about each of them by name and what we loved about each of them. We were also kicking ourselves for never having seen them live before. What were we thinking!?

It was after the Destiny concert that we started following them on social media. One of the first things I saw was a post by Mairead Carlin saying that the audience of the show I was at was unreal. I thought that was awesome. I also, no joke, had Destiny on replay in my car for about two straight weeks because I didn't want to turn it off.

So that's my Destiny concert experience. Thanks for reading! Seeing Destiny live was the point at which hubby and I changed from being fans of Celtic Woman to being mega fans. We would see them live again six months later, and that'll be my next write-up on the Home For Christmas board!

Tracie

It think we've followed similar paths.  ;)
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 11:08:53 PM »

I read your Destiny charts post, and yes it seems that we have!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 06:29:44 PM »

On this day (January 19) 4 years ago, I got tickets to see Destiny!

Celtic Woman is never going to solve all of my many problems, but they've definitely changed my life.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 07:04:35 PM »

Same as Tom, Celtic Woman changed my life too. One of the best life choices I ever made was buying those Destiny concert tickets. It led to so much joy, amazing travels and incredible friends ❤
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, My Destiny Tour Experience - June 2016 - Theme by GlenS